Shane Oake Brick Mason

Reviews for Shane Oake Brick Mason

Drew in Toronto
Drew in Toronto

Chimney Repair - Course and repointing

If your chimney is in need of ANY repair, including course repair, and if a company (in this case 2 companies) say to you over the phone “we don’t do course repairs as there is no value and it is better to rebuild (and quotes $12,000 to $15,000)”, immediately say “No, thank you!” and call Shane. A true Mason will not say that. A Mason will take the time to come out, inspect the structure of the chimney and speak to what really needs to be done and discuss the situation. This is the case with Shane Oake and team.

Our chimney ONLY required the top 3 courses to be rebuilt, the resetting of the flue tile, the addition of a New concrete cap and the repointing of every chimney joint - bottom to top. Our chimney is not only the best looking chimney on the street, BUT most importantly structurally sound, weather and water proof! Shane and team (thank you Neil and Juan), ensured every detail was looked after from set up, to repair and clean up.

See the before and after photos.

I am happy to have been able to help you guys. It definitely didn't need to be rebuilt. Thank you for the work. Do well. Best, Shane
(Course repair on this job had to do with taking apart loose bricks and relaying bricks back to make the chimney the same height, keeping the chimney to code. We removed deterioration and built back up the chimney then added a prefabricated concrete cap and concrete mix, to seal around the flues and solidify the top. We then ground out deterioration in all sides of the chimney and re-pointed it thoroughly, making it perfect again. This will last for over 20 years!)

K O'Grady in Toronto
K O'Grady in Toronto

Chimney repair repointing and brick replacements

Our chimney was falling apart and was in desperate need of repair. We had no idea who to call. Luckily for us a previous contractor who had done work for us highly recommended Shane. So we called him, he came out the next day, assessed the job, explained what needed to be done and provided us with a more than fare quote. The guy's a true pleasure to work with, not only is he well spoken, well presented and knows his trade, but he even diagnosed the roofing issue with our "new" roof that even the roofer couldn't and then came by to make sure the roofer fixed it correctly, good thing too, as Shane had to tell him how. Now that's great service. We highly recommend Shane and will call on him again in the future

K Park
Scarborough On

Hi K, Thank you for the review. I'm glad I could help with the masonry and with the Roof/roofer. LOL
Do well, Best,Shane

Tom East York
Tom East York

foundation work and parging

The winter was hard on my foundation and I needed to repair cracks and parging sections that broke away.

Shane worked on my next door neighbour's house and she was very happy with his work.

I know why. He's very professional, honest, and does fantastic work. The job ended up being bigger than we expected and Shane was awesome, he came up with a reasonable solution that was not very expensive. He takes his work very seriously and it shows. Without a doubt, Shane's my go to foundation guy from now on.

Plus he's a really nice guy!

Hi Tom, I am elated that you say such kind things. I appreciate that you have taken the time to review me. You were a pleasure to deal with through the whole process especially due to the fact that there was hidden potential work. Thank you for the work. Do well.

Kelly in North York
Kelly in North York

Chimney Repair

My mother's chimney (in Mississauga) was in desperate need of repair. Holes had developed and squirrels had moved in. I had used Shane twice before - I have already posted a review from the first job. I knew Shane didn't get out to Mississauga too much, so I started the quote process and sent a note to Shane as well, just in case. I already had a couple of quotes before I connected with Shane, but once he gave me his estimate and said he could do the job, it was a no-brainer. On top of that, he had a better - and ultimately cheaper - solution than what I'd received up to that point. (Others just wanted to take the chimney down altogether and have me replace the hot water tank with a direct-vent). Living at least 40 minutes away, I could not afford any hassle, so when he said he could do the job, it was a huge relief and I immediately signed up. As with both times before, great job done right plus all the other good stuff - on time, courteous, clean. He was a life-saver on this one and remains no.1 in my mason rolodex.

Hi Kelley, I think it was 7 years ago I did that work on your place. Man time flies. It was a pleasure dealing with you for your Mum. Thank you for the kind words and the work. I really appreciate it. Do well.

Carla in East york
Carla in East york

Masonry and Retaining Wall repair

Shane and his crew have done 2 jobs for me and both times he delivered exactly what I needed, what he promised, plus a little extra too. Shane always communicated with me very quickly and kept me posted on progress and any unexpected roadblocks. I doubled checked with my general contractor friend on Shane's quotes and on both occasions he said "he's very reasonable." I will contact Shane the next time I need masonry work done for my home.

Hi Carla, I appreciate that you took the time to write a review. I appreciated both jobs and if you ever need my help again don't hesitate. I will help you. Do well. Best, Shane
PS How is it now that you don't have to drive over that bump? LOL

Zurry Donevan from Toronto
Zurry Donevan from Toronto

Window Sill Repair

I found Shane through a referral and I am so glad I did! He answers all my emails promptly. He was able to come on short notice and quickly finish the job. We thought we had to replace our entire sill but Shane was able to patch it up nicely. He did an amazing job. My husband is really picky when it comes to contractors and he was really impressed with Shane's work. I would highly recommend him to anyone!
Thanks again for the quick repair!

Hi Zurry, Thanks a lot for the review. I am happy to have helped you. Do well. Best, Shane.

Jeff in Toronto
Jeff in Toronto

Tuck pointing Century Home

Shane was prompt in responding to me and investigating the work required. He offered me good advice such as recommending that I use vintage bricks to better match the existing bricks. Shane was great at communicating and told me when he would be providing me the estimate and starting the work. Once he was into the job, he found he needed to replace more bricks and did so without additional cost to me. He was quick at completing the job and cleaned up after he was done. The results were wonderful and the bricks matched well.

Hi Jeff, I am very pleased that my work inspired you to give me a review. Thank you for taking the time to do so. I appreciate that you chose me to do the job and that you are willing to tell others. Do well.

Amar from Old Toronto
Amar from Old Toronto
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Brick Repair

I contacted Shane Oake last year, after my neighbour pointed out a sizeable crack that was running down from the second story bedroom. I was told that I could patch up the work by going to Home Depot and purchasing a pre-mix however I didn't want to take any chances and immediately went on Home Stars looking for someone that was in trade of brick repairs/masonry. My first initial search brought me to Shane Oake, whom already had received great reviews from previous clients. I called Shane who was extremely professional and polite. He was in my area working on a site statd that he could come to my house to complete a quick assessment. Shane came within the hour and did a thorough examination of my house from all four sides and provided me a rough estimate. He was very detailed in his assessment and went further to explain why the crscks occurred and the optioms presented to myself. He outlined that the cost would also include any further cracks that were not readily visible as well as any minor touch ups. I was completely impressed with his professionalism as well as his honesty. I immediately booked Shane and he and his Team did suck an amazing job, I was more than satisfied. It was a complete make over of the initial damaged to the restoration of both my brick and mortar that literally was unnoticeable. Shane took pictures and showed me the before and after results. What a great job! There were cracks that I could not see that Shane had identified as he was working that he fixed as well. I very highly recommend Shane Oake for all and any Masonry work that you require. You will not be disappointed. Thank you Shane

Hi Amar, Thank you very much for taking the time to give me a review. I appreciate the commendation. I aim to completely satisfy every prospective client and eventual Client. Thank you for choosing me. Best, Shane

Sylvie D. from Scarborough
Sylvie D. from Scarborough

Front Porch Brick Repair

When I first look for masonry work, I consulted the HomeStars site and saw the perfect score for Shane Oake Brick Mason. Could it be real? I called, left a message and Shane Oake contacted me promptly. Shane’s free consultation was carried the next day. Shane explained very well the brick work to be done on my front porch and also the ones that were unnecessary and even ill advised to do. Thank you Shane for your honesty and guidance; without you, I might have made a very costly and regrettable mistake. The price for the work was fair and surprisingly reasonable considering all the hard work to be done. I reserved his services for the beginning of August 2015.
What a blessing! It now my turn to HIGHLY and CONFIDENTLY recommend Shane Oake as a mason, without any reservations. I was so impressed with Shane's work ethic, quality of work and thorough and courteous communication skills (in person, by phone or by e-mail).
He and his crew were on time as planned and were well equipped to do the job. They worked hard all day and cleaned up very well afterward. Now, my front porch looks great and the 47 or 48 new bricks blend amazingly well with the 56 years old original ones as they are practically unnoticeable to an untrained eye. Thanks to Shane’s meticulous care and truly professional skills, I had a wonderful experience and could cross out this job from my repair list. Unfortunately, a friend of mine, who previously hired another contractor to do her brick work, was not as lucky as I was. You will however, never regret to have called Shane Oake to restore your masonry, guaranteed! He’s truly a real and honest pro that can be trusted.

Hi Sylvie, Way to make a fellow feel good about himself. Thank you for saying. I imagine prospective clients sorting through reviews on Homestars will be swayed by your comments. I love that what I see and estimate and do, turns out for my clients. Thank you for the kind words. Do well. Best, Shane

Grace Vitols from Toronto
Grace Vitols from Toronto

Repairing Brick Chimney

Our brick chimney had deteriorated over the years and we did not think it was possible to 'repair' it as we thought we would have to rebuild the whole chimney. Shane came through with a reasonable quote, was very clear in his explanation as to what he could do for us, gave us an estimated time, and what a pleasant surprise when he came on the day he said he would come. His integrity, quality of workmanship, punctuality, work ethic and professionalism is 100 percent and he deserves a '10' rating with our blessings. He cleaned up in the evening, again another pleasant surprise! Excellent Job Shane. We are very, very pleased. We highly recommend him highly.

Hi Grace, Thank you for the uplifting words. I love the way you describe your experience with me. That is exactly what I deliver each and every time. Have a great summer. Do well. Many thanks,
Shane

More about Shane Oake Brick Mason

Hi my name is Shane. I own and run a small masonry business. I do the work myself. I work out of Scarborough. I do masonry restoration work. I am Licensed and Insured. The work I do includes tuck pointing (restoring the grout between bricks), brick replacement, crack repairs, block ...