Greentea Design

Reviews for Greentea Design

BSheahan in Toronto
BSheahan in Toronto

Bar, and file cabinet

I have bought numerous pieces from this store and was very satisfied though Dale was not always very responsive. However my last two orders have been disasters. Aug 2016 ordered a file cabinet which was stated as being in stock at the outlet. First delivery supposedly got lost in shippment. Was told i would get a replacement and still waiting. Ordered a bar which arrived after months, but is the wrong color and hardware and doesnt go with any of my other pieces. Contacted Dale after numerous attempts via phone and email. Was told not to worry would recieve a replacement in 3 weeks. That was 2 months ago and now no response. Email address is no longer valid. Phone voicemail full unable to leave messages, and seeing worrisome posts that the store up and closed.

Namaste  in Manhattan Beach
Namaste in Manhattan Beach
1 review Margaret, MB

Bathroom cabinet never delivers. 9 months later $820! not return!

STAY AWAY from this company if you don't want to lose your money! Payed $820 Cabinet was to be delivered in 12 weeks, 9 MONTHS later and we never received the product! No answers to our phone calls or emails. They Did not return the money to us either!

Jean
Jean
1 review Vancouver, BC

Guarantee Not Upheld

August 2016 ordered tv stand; arrived Dec 2016 warped and badly finished; agreed upon replacement to be delivered Feb-Mar 2017; since Mar 2017 the owner refuses to respond via phone or email. I can only assume I have been stiffed. Do not trust this company.

VL from Toronto
VL from Toronto

Ordered Dressers, 4 months later: Nothing and no refund, despite being issued a (possibly fraudulent) refund receipt via email

January 4, 2017: I paid a $1600 deposit on two dressers from Dale at Greentea Design. I was told the dressers would take about 10 weeks to arrive, so about mid-March. This did not happen.
April 4: Dale emailed that the container was landing in Vancouver and would be in Toronto soon.
April 10: Dale emailed that the container was just put on the rails and it might take longer to arrive.
April 13: Dale emailed to say that the container would be arriving the following Monday.
April 20: Dale emailed to say that the shipment was bungled, and my dressers were not in the container.
April 21: Dale emailed me a refund receipt.
After a couple of weeks of not seeing it appear as a transaction with the credit card company, we verified with the credit card company that it can take up to 15 business days to process.
May 12: 15 business days later, and I have confirmed with my credit card that no refund has been received, and I can proceed with a claim to try to get an actual refund. Today, I called Dale many times at both phone numbers I have for him, but they go straight into voice mail. I sent a message to his Facebook page letting him know that in the absence of a resolution I will be proceeding to small claims court. Facebook shows me that the message has been seen, but there is no reply. I even dropped by his store late morning, only to find out from a fellow who works for him that Dale was en route to Hamilton and should be back by 1:00 or 1:30. It is now 4:30 p.m., and I still have not heard anything. The fact that I have not received a call back or message expressing surprise that the refund (as per the receipt emailed to me in the amount of $1800+ 15 business days ago) has not been applied to my credit card speaks volumes about the validity of the receipt Dale issued to me.

The FB page for the company has posts from a number of dissatisfied customers with damaged goods that haven't been fixed, or items not received.

I highly recommend against anybody doing business with Greentea Design, no matter how polished and professional their website looks, and no matter the rave reviews they have on here from past customers.

Kim Edwards in
Kim Edwards in

Tansu step chest

Ordered AND paid for this custom item and was very excited for it's arrival. After waiting for 3 months, we called to find out how much longer we had to wait. Was told something about a shipping license in Korea and that it would be about another month. Ok. We waited about six weeks. Nothing. Called them, no answer on either phone #, left messages on both. Waited. Emailed Dale several times. NOTHING. DALE, you left me no choice but to call my credit card company to get my money refunded, so now you are under investigation. Not a good thing. All you had to do was speak with us, if there was a problem. It's called communication. People do it all the time. So, in the end, I am left without furniture for a newly renovated bedroom. Thanks for nothing. I would seriously consider looking into this company's business practices before you go any further.

Asian bathroom vanity and woodwork

We recently completed a bathroom renovation which we built around Green Tea Design Asian themed vanity, cabinet, mirror and barn door. We were extremely pleased with the quality and completed products, and installation. The owner Dale was very helpful designing the furniture and was very easy to work with. His carpenter did excellent work with the customization we requested. We can definitely recommend Green Tea.

Midori from Old Toronto
Midori from Old Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

Custom Pantry

Wonderful company to work with. They offered us excellent customer service and the ability to customize their design to our space and specifications. We have a gorgeous pantry from their Mizuya line that is built to last and adds such character to our dining room. Plan to go back when we update our dining table.

More about Greentea Design

Grentea was born of the ned for contemporary Asian designs. After years of searching for such pieces we began colaborating with a select group of talented artisans to create stylish furniture that fulfils Western practicalities. 10 years ago we built our first step chest from reclaimed wod and since then ...
Looking for Antique Retailers pros in East York?