Home Reno & Associates

Reviews for Home Reno & Associates

Brian in Toronto
Brian in Toronto

Clean and repair eavetrough

I hired Home Reno & Associates to clean and repair an eavetrough that was overflowing and leaking water when it rained. He was to unblock and repair it. A small and simple job. I paid him after he said the work had been done. One of the obvious problems when hiring a roofer is that you cannot see what has been done or not done.

Several weeks later during a downpour I looked and saw that the eavetrough was overflowing at the top. He did not do what he was paid
to do. He likely did nothing, but take my money for a job that he did not do.

Unfortunately I was not aware of Homestars at the time and I would have been able to avoid hiring this man. Based on all the negative and critical reviews (which mirrored my experience) he is someone you should not hire.

do. Unfortunately I was not aware of Homestars at the time or I would have been able to avoid hiring this man.

Don't make the same mistake that I and the others here made

My experience mirrors the experience and reviews of others who were unfortunate as well to contract him.

BEWARE. Don't make the mistake I and others here made.

Bernie in Mississauga
Bernie in Mississauga

Skylight Leakng

The very worst company I ever dealt with. Never gave him the job just made inquiries and told him I would call when it was time to repair skylight. He showed up one day, and told my wife he was here to repair the leaking skylight. When he finished my wife paid him. The first rainfall it was leaking again. I called and told him and he said he would come back to repair. Never showed up and could no longer reach him. Wasted close to $1000.

may in Scarborough
may in Scarborough

Roof leak, Not fixed

Back 2015, Michael pretended to fix my roof, a nice guy from the outside, but has no idea how to fix a roof. He has a good idea how to take your money though.. His company name: HomeReno & Associates, located at 9 Gotham Court, North York. tel: (416) 248-0211. He took my $400.00, but my roof is still leaking. I Called him many times, he finally came back and told me that he wants another $400.00 to fix the leak, as it was not coming from where he originally fixed.. I am very disappointed, as I trusted he will honour his guarantee and he would fix the problem as he promised.. BeWARE!

fay greenholtz from Toronto
fay greenholtz from Toronto

replacement for downspouts going into city sewer

Home Reno detached downspouts from the direct sewer connection replacing with copper to drain on ground. The connection was a plastic elbow that leaks. The plastic does not fit with the copper and he was asked to replace with copper that is soldered so that it looks appropriate and does the job.

Judith Lim in Scarborough
Judith Lim in Scarborough
2 reviews Scarborough, ON

Roof

Back 2002, Michael did my roof, a nice guy fr. the outside, but guys, beware. He is a crooked. His compnay name: HomeReno & Associates, located at 9 Gotham Court, North York. tel: (416) 248-0211. He tooks cash only. To top it all, my roof was leaking. Called him many times, no response. I have it redone and paid almost $4000.00 again. BeWARE!

Matt in Toronto
Matt in Toronto

Raccoon removal and small roof roof repair

We were referred to the owner of this business by a neighbour as being a wildlife removal business, as we had raccoons in our chimney, which happened to be falling apart. After being assured they could remove the raccoons, we learned that they're roofers. They finished up and told us the adult had left with 2 babies and the chimney was all clear.

As it turns out, they "removed" the raccoon babies by letting the adult escape and dropping bricks down the chimney to kill the babies and sealing the roof over top. The babies were not killed instantly and we only discovered what had happened later when we heard the babies through the wall. We had to call another, terrific, business to open the chimney and rescue the babies.

Not surprisingly, this business has not responded to calls or answered their phone. The owner is Michael . THis company and the owner deceived us in a variety of ways and should not be used for any jobs whatsoever.

FYI, Four Seasons Wildlife Removal is tops - they came at 10:30 at night and worked for 3 hours to save the trapped animals AND fixed our roof.

Willowdale-9528
Willowdale-9528

repair a flat roof

I ask for an ispection&solution for a small leakage on a flat roof.
Michael Hennaoui -the repairman-took the job by charging me $400.00 cash to fix the problem .
He did the job of recaulking & painting and gave me the verbal assurance" that 99% will be no more problem"
After aprox.10 day and the first rain the leakage is as bad as before.
I called Mr.Michael Hennaoui and he replyed that he will take a look when he will have the time without any commitment!