A Speedy Overhead Door Services

Peterborough ON
Garage Doors & Hardware
A Speedy Overhead Door Services

Reviews for A Speedy Overhead Door Services

Stay clear of contractor unless you want to pursue court.

Had 2 garage doors installed nov2018. Got the run around a couple times leading up to the install date which was several weeks after the original date. I also was getting capping done which he arranged with his contractor. The door got a couple scratches during the install and was told by Tim that he would get touch up paint to me. Never did. The capping and weather strip around the doors is all buckled as there is no expansion room which has caused this issue. A few contractors have come out to access the problem and give written estimates to fix it. The capping must be re done as there is no way to remove all the caulking without damaging it to replace. The moulding is so bent out of shape that it is unlikely to lay flat again even with adding several more screws.I can see daylight in the garage and air gaps throughout until this is fixed. Really was no point in getting quality doors without having quality workmanship for the installation of them. I have contacted Tim several times over the 2 years with excuse after excuse given and times are always postponed. The last mentioned date was end of second week in September 2020. It is now Sept.11th and I have not received any response as to a day or time. I offered for him to pay another company to fix the issue if it was too much trouble coming out to fix it. This should be a priority but it is not since already being paid for the job. It is amazing how he could set up his contractor to come out for the job but getting poor workmanship corrected has proved to be impossible. We have obtained professional advice and will be proceeding to take Tim to court. We should not be out nearly $700 after already paying for this job. You have been warned. Save yourself a headache and hire a reputable contractor who cares about the work they do and their reputation. I was not able to upload photos here but they were uploaded in other complaints across various social media sites. We have been extremely patient but we are approaching the deadline for court. It is unfortunate it has come down to this.

Ray Johannsson in Toronto
Ray Johannsson in Toronto

Garage door professionally installed

Professional correspondence, prompt and professional service, outstanding results. I'm very happy I had Tim do the job.
My new garage door is so much better than my previous door. Tim was quick with the job, but it was done right. Buttery smooth when door is raised and lowered now. Tim and Cassie cleaned up and took away my old door for recycling. Couldn't have asked for more.

Terri-Lyn T.
Terri-Lyn T.
1 review Pickering, ON

Garage door installation

They did an awesome job. When I called I got a response immediately. The quote when provided to me was cheap compared to all the other companies I was comparing to. This made me a little hesitate because the price was so reasonable. But when they came out for the installation they were exceptionally professional. They were very quick and efficient. And I was very surprised with how friendly their customer service was. Usually most workers in the repairs industry I run into are rushed and don’t take the time to be say courious to clients. This team was so exceptional. I usually don’t do reviews but I could not believe how fast and easily they did my door that I felt this service should be recommended. I gave the number to four friends and all of us were more then satisfied with the job they did and the quality of work.

Thanks again for your buiness.

tombarnett
tombarnett

Garage door and opener

Spoke to Tim and he installed my garage door and opener on time and as agreed to.

Would definitely recommend to family and friends

It was our pleasure to install your door and opener.

Private User reviews Halton Hills, ON

Stay clear of this company

I contacted Tim the owner to order and install new garage doors I gave him the deposit and was told BS for Months he makes excuses after excuses I don’t know about his work as I didn’t get to use him and now am greatful I didn’t I advise anyone looking for garage doors to use another company You have been warned.

We would have liked the opportunity to install your garage doors. Unfortunately things didn't work out. Deposit was returned promptly as was requested by the customer.
Good luck

Garage door service

Again speedy was there when we called. My friend was having a problem with his garage door and tim came out to fix the problem he was having with it.

Reliable company. Great services. And very reasonable prices.

Trish in Toronto
Trish in Toronto

New Garage Door

When it was finally time to replace my garage door, I called a few companies without a clue as to what I was looking for. When I spoke to Tim, he arrived on time and prepared and took me through the various options for my situation. His prices were competitive and everything went smoothly on installation day. He was on time, fast, and left no trash behind.
I have recommended Speedy to numerous friends already.

Carriage Style Garage Doors

We were looking to get new garage doors. We looked at a big box home improvement store and weren't satisfied with what they were offering. A friend of ours referred us to Tim. He said Tim does great work and has used him multiple times at different houses he is renovating. He said Tim is a very upfront knowledgeable guy, been in the business for years. He will give you his opinion on what would look good on your house but doesn't push the clients to do what he says. He talks to them, and listens to what they have to say. As soon as I was told that I knew Tim at Speedy was our guy. Called and set up an appointment for an estimate. Tim came did the quote and did exactly as I was told he would do. Recommended the carriage style would look amazing on our house and I couldn't agree more. Turned out fantastic. I have actually referred him to a few friends already and the neighbors just keep coming by asking about the doors and who did them. I think the whole block will end up with these amazing doors. I have gotten so many compliments on the house.

If you need garage doors or anything to do with garage doors Tim is your guy. Give him a call, you will not be disappointed. So glad I was referred to him.

Thanks again.

Steve from Stouffville
Steve from Stouffville
4 reviews Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Garage Doors

We love our new Garage Doors! We have used Tim at Speedy a couple of times in the past for installation of garage door openers and door repairs. He was always reliable and did a great job. When it finally came to replacing our doors I called Tim. However, not at first. I love to research and wanted the best doors for the best price, with the best installer and customer service. So, I started researching garage door manufacturers and materials. I called around to a few of the "bigger name" garage door companies to do some comparison shopping. By far, hands down, Tim at Speedy Overhead Doors sold the best quality doors for a MUCH BETTER PRICE than his competition. So I knew with Tim the product would be great.
Now service.. All I can say is Tim is great! He came to my house one evening, answered all my questions and explained his product and installation in detail. He helped us choose a door that looked best for our house. We were even considering getting a custom colour (which he would have gladly done..more money for him) but he actually suggested another colour. We decided to go with his suggestion and we are so glad we did! The doors look great! Tim is an excellent installer. He did a fantastic job installing the doors and my house looks so good!
What's most important I think is customer service. This I can speak from experience. If there is ever a problem with the doors, I know that Tim will go out of his way to keep the doors working properly for years to come. He has provided us with great service in the past just maintaining our old door. He could have convinced us to replace our doors 2 years ago but instead he helped us get the most our of them for very little cost.
The bottom line is...

Todd from Whitby
Todd from Whitby
3 reviews Whitby, ON

garage door

Do not waste your time with this company. Tim took our deposit and wasted 8 weeks of our time. Kept getting promises that the doors were coming but they never did. Please learn from our mistake and order your garage doors from a reputable company.

I never did any buisness with Todd although i would have liked to its a shame the doors were on backorder at the time he needed them when i learned they werent coming i promptly cancelled the order and refunded his deposit.

Looking for Garage Doors & Hardware pros in Newmarket?