1-800-Rid-Of-It

HomeStars  >  Junk Removal in Toronto  >  1-800-Rid-Of-It

Reviews for 1-800-Rid-Of-It

Al Ho
Al Ho

The best junk removal company in Toronto!

Service performed Mon March 26 for 1 full load.

They consider 3 factors: size, labour and time when making quotes. They arrived, looked at all the items and provided a no obligation quote. Use the sizing guide on their website for a rough estimate. I had more than 1 load, so I just said let's just take 1 load for now. They really packed the truck full to the brim! Just point at the items, and they magically disappear! I had 9 dressers, and about 20 bags of garbage.

Pros:
Emailed them a pick-up request for a specific date and time, ended up calling them and they were able to accommodate a same-day request which was amazing.
They worked really fast and filled up the entire truck within 1 hour.
Lucas and Jordan who were polite, clean and quite handsome :)
They give $10 trash cash for ten dollars off your next order.

Cons:
Called 2 hours before the scheduled time, I was very close to telling them to stick with the scheduled time of 2pm as I wasn't ready to have my items picked up yet.
It can be difficult to book same-day appointments as they are very busy and have only 3 crews/trucks.
The guys were smoking, which ends up getting into the house since the door is open. Next time no smoking please.
Didn't know about the 5% multi-load discount even though it's listed on their website.

Protips:
1. Have everything labelled JUNK and ready to go.

2. Don't bother getting a quote from 1-800-GOT-JUNK, RID-OF-IT will be the cheaper option! I was quote $1,800 for the same volume of garbage with 1800GJ.

3. 10% off when you post a review on Yelp or Homestars.

Al,

Thanks for this very thorough review, we really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day!

The list of pros and cons are great for other clients trying to schedule a pick up and the website sizing guide is a good tool to use. It seems you were able to navigate the website quite easily and it was a seamless process. Same day bookings can be a bit challenging sometimes, especially if specific time is required, I am happy we were able to accommodate you. Be sure to let us know about your $10 trash card or ask for the 5% multi-load discount if it applies and we will give you the discount of highest value. We look forward to working with you again!

Adam in Toronto
Adam in Toronto

Reno removal

Had reno junk on my front lawn and the guys got rid of it in no time. Booked on a Friday and it was gone before noon on Saturday. Paul and Ed were lovely.

Adam, glad everything went smoothly despite this crazy weather we are having! We really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to submit a review.

kwok wai in Farmingdale
kwok wai in Farmingdale
1 review Burnaby, BC

Junk all for a house

Thank you for being so professional helping us to junk and clean out the house. We really enjoyed working together with your coworkers: Garret, Jordan , and Gordon.

We would highly recommend our friends to use your company to do this line of work because your folks are marvelous.

Please convey our best wishes to Jordan who is going to plant more trees for Canada starting tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Kwok,

It was our pleasure working with you as well! We had scheduled this long in advance and it all went very smoothly. We appreciate your recommendations and look forward to working with you again. I have sent your best wishes to Jordan and the rest of the crew.

Suz from Vaughan
Suz from Vaughan

Quick and Professional- Heavy Tiles hauled away from our Patio clean up

1-800-Rid-Of-It is now my Go To junk removal company!

David and Derek came on time (if not early) for the scheduled window appointment. They also called en route so I knew to expect them shortly.

They quoted me on the spot - the price was for the room in the truck, and added cost because of the heavy load.

We had approx 100 rubber patio tiles to remove from our property. We had already uninstalled them and stacked them up for removal.
It was very heavy, I am so glad they were available to help with the removal as it would have taken me a full day.
David and Derek were extremely professional and quick, especially considering the load.
The cost I entered that i paid was taxes in.

We live in a complex that does not allow for "large item" disposal so this service is extremely useful. Helps us get tot he finish line on our cleaning projects.

Suz,

Glad we were able to get rid of those tiles for you. We value our clients time, we are all busy and really don't like sitting around waiting. We always give a call ahead with an ETA and try to arrive on time. I know you were worried about getting them down from the roof. Glad it all worked out for the best. Thanks again for taking the time to submit this review.

Best Regards,

Andrew in Old Toronto
Andrew in Old Toronto

Fast and friendly!

Fast, friendly and efficient! Derek and Dave from Rid-Of-It in Toronto arrive right on time and made short work of a half truckload of junk, while being respectful of the new floor. Professional yet accommodating, Derek and Dave delivered stellar service and value. Recommended!

Andrew,

Thanks for taking the time to submit this review! Our crews are always mindful of the clients home and work in an efficient manner to prevent damage to your property. Thanks for the recommendation, we look forward to working with you again in the future.

Regards

Spring Cleaning!

Ed and Josh were great to work with. In a little over an hour, they help us clear over 20 years of junk from our crawl space filling up an entire truck load. They were able to get rid of heavy furniture without us having to even lift a finger. We'll definitely call them back next time around. Thanks again for all your help guys!

Thanks for taking the time to submit this review! It is always great when a job goes smoothly and our clients are happy with the service. We look forward to working with you soon.

Regards

Anne in Old Toronto
Anne in Old Toronto

Heavy screw press

Lucas and Josh were thoughtful in devising a way to remove a large old screw press from my basement. A third man was needed, but all ended well. I was totally pleased.

Anne,

Thanks for taking the time to submit this review. It was a bit of a challenge with the screw press but happy we were able to remove it for you and you were pleased with the way we handled it.

Regards,

Rick, President (P.S.) I was the third man :)

DebbieK in Old Toronto
DebbieK in Old Toronto

Highly Recommended - Excellent Service

Today Jordan & Lucas from 1-800 Rid Of It came to remove our old Sony Trinitron tv and stand. When I placed the order I had asked that the service people wear booties to keep my carpet clean. Sure enough, Jordan and Lucas came with their booties. We were given a 2 hour window in which to expect our pick-up and Jordan & Lucas came at the very beginning of this window. They were polite, pleasant, very efficient and they took care not to scratch or scrape our walls. The service couldn't have been better. We will definitely use this company again.

Hi Debbie,
Thanks for that great review!

We really take the time to listen to our clients and try our best to meet their needs. Every effort is taken to handle all junk removal with care in a professional and courteous manner. We look forward to working with you again.

UVCC
UVCC

Junk Removal

These guys came highly recommended online, and they deserved it. Jordan and Josh came a business day after I called, were extremely courteous and cooperative, and cleared the junk from two properties quickly and thoroughly. I was very happy with their work, and would recommend them to anyone.

Hi UVCC,

Thanks for taking the time to submit this review! Happy we were able to the the removal from both locations for you in a timely fashion. We will pass this on to the crew as they pride themselves on great customer service!

Shay in Vaughan
Shay in Vaughan

Quick and Easy!

Lucas and Josh came by on a Saturday to remove a few items from the home and garage. They were friendly, efficient and professional. They also kept in mind we were on a strict budget and managed to take all our requested items and a few more last minute. Overall, excellent service and would recommend to others requiring junk removal services.

Thanks!

Shay, thanks for the great review, Lucas and Josh are two of our highly experienced crew! We value our clients and are mindful in keeping cost at a reasonable rate especially when you are on a strict budget. Glad to hear everything went well and appreciate your recommendations.

More about 1-800-Rid-Of-It

1-800-Rid-Of-It is Toronto's premier junk removal service. We are a locally-owned company providing quality service to homeowners and commercial clients in Toronto and surrounding areas since 2007. We specialize in removal of junk from homes, construction sites, garages, warehouses, office towers and apartment buildings- basically anywhere you have JUNK. We …