Building Supplies and Hardware
125 Sunderland Road North Amherst MA 01002
HomeStars  >  Building Supplies and Hardware in Amherst  >  Cowls Building Supply, Inc.

Reviews for Cowls Building Supply, Inc.

AL from Amherst
AL from Amherst
6 reviews Boston, MA

paint, lumber. hardware

UNITED STATES

Do you remember when you could go to a good lumber yard and get just about everthing you need for a project, plus good advice. At Cowles Building Supply you still can. Bob in paints has helped me figure out a great number of problem applications. They mill their own lumber right at the site and the quality is top knotch. Staff are friendly and will help you figure out how to make your project work.

Katie, Amherst
Katie, Amherst
5 reviews Boston, MA

lumber

Going into Cowls, I didn't know what to expect since I have no experience with buying lumber or with any type of carpentry. I was given excellent service in choosing the right type of wood for the project, and was made to feel very comfortable.

Anne in Montague
Anne in Montague
28 reviews Boston, MA

paint

UNITED STATES

Cowls was the only place where we could find the high quality paint we needed for outdoor use. It was a little expensive, but worth it. They were the only store that carried what we needed in the area. Someone came and spent a good 20 minutes with me, helping me figure out exactly which paint I needed to do the job right. Very patient staff.

melanie in Amherst, MA
melanie in Amherst, MA
36 reviews Boston, MA

tools, doors, building supplies, paint

UNITED STATES

This local hardware and building supply store is a gem. They grow, mill and sell their own lumber, and have a full line of building supplies, a lot of tools, and paint. They also have women working there, which as a woman I really appreciate. They are friendly, always helpful, and never make me feel stupid, like I’ve felt at other hardware stores. And they bring things to my car, which I usually need because I often have little kids with me.

Shannon in Amherst
Shannon in Amherst
32 reviews Boston, MA

purchased bay window and french door

Cowles offered us great service! We were adding a door to our house and a bay window. During the planning process, the dimensions changed numerous times. With much patience and professional advice, we happily ordered these items and are very happy with their appearance and function.

Lassie
Lassie
17 reviews Boston, MA

paint

UNITED STATES

While other products at Cowl's are a bit more expensive than elsewhere, the paint service is exemplary. All the paint sales staff - Cynthia, Bob, and Nate, are pleasant, patient, helpful, and exceedingly knowledgeable about paint and paint-related products. The paint itself, Benjamin Moore, is excellent quality and applies easily. The price is probably a bit higher than other paints, but I think the quality is better too.

MBZ in Amherst
MBZ in Amherst

Garden frame

I went to Cowls to purchase two pieces of lumber for a garden frame. They offered on the spot sawing service to make the lumber the perfect size for my project. The clerks were helpful and courteous.

More about Cowls Building Supply, Inc.

Family owned and operated since 1741, Cowls Building Supply serves the residents of Western Massachusetts with a unique combination of lumber, building materials, paint, hardware, and expert, friendly service. Cowls Building Supply has a trained veteran staff in sales and operational support and can provide the quality materials you need ...
Looking for Building Supplies and Hardware pros in Amherst?