HomeStars  >  Waterproofing in Toronto  >  Mud Monkeys Waterproofing

Reviews for Mud Monkeys Waterproofing

CSteeves in East York
CSteeves in East York

External waterproofing

Mud Monkeys did an outstanding job with our waterproofing work. The final bill was exactly as per the original cost estimate with no surprises. The work took 2 days to complete and at the end of the first day, the work site was very tidy and safe. Everyone working here was courteous and professional. And best of all, our basement is dry!

Glad to hear we were able to fix your water issue!
We always try to stay on budget to the best of our ability.
We are glad you are happy with the quality of work.
Thanks for your review

Susan in East York
Susan in East York

Waterproofing Basement-Installation of Weeping Tiles

The entire work from start to finish for waterproofing my basement was excellent. All the staff, owner, office staff, workers were terrific, hard working, knowledgeable, professional, reliable, friendly and courteous. Darby Braun, the owner of Mud Monkeys, came to my house, assessed the problem, explained the work required, gave me an estimate, provided me with an electronic quote and explanation of the work to be done. He was knowledgeable, most helpful, and answered any questions I had. Darby came on site frequently working with his crew, and all of them made sure the work was completed well and to my satisfaction. The workers did a great job and also kept me informed about their progress. They were always on time, kept the work area contained, tidy and always cleaned up. The office staff were helpful and reliable. I feel confident and relieved that the problem of water leaking into my basement has been taken care of now from the waterproofing work done by the team at Mud Monkeys.

Amazing Susan, thanks so much. We are always pleased to hear we've left customers happy with the finished product and a dry basement.

Basement Waterproofing

I highly recommend Mud Monkeys if you need waterproofing. They were very knowledgable, honest and friendly. They answered all of our questions, the work was high quality and they finished on time.

We almost always come in on time and on budget.
Glad you had a great experience working with us.

nadinehodder
nadinehodder

Waterproofing

I can’t say enough good things about Mud Monkeys. They showed up on time and had installed our weeping tile in two days. They never tried to up sell and we were very happy with both the work and the quote they provided which was honoured when the work was done. Darby was so responsive with any questions we had as well leading up to the work being done. I would highly recommend this company.

Thanks for your kind words Nadine.
We really appreciate it.

Exterior Foundation Waterproofing

Darby and his crew did some more waterproofing on my home at the rear after having done similar work about 8 years ago on the side.

I have to say the soil is horrible - clay, rocks, bricks, rubber tubing and all sorts of 30+ year old debris. Work on the job was made more difficult by finding some huge old concrete footing from days gone by leaving them only 18" of room in which to work for about 1/3 of the width of the foundation wall. And a power conduit emerging 30" down at one side that connects to the garage, so they had to dig around that.

Nevertheless they dug and worked on time and on budget even finishing up a bit early on the final of three days.

This is back breaking work and at the same time requires a lot of attention to detail - after excavation they applied a coating of parging concrete, then on top of that a rubber/tar compound and then on top of that heavy plastic sheeting to create a waterproof sandwich. Plus in this case they had to install a new window well and the drainage tubing and gravel for that.

I was satisfied 8 years ago for the first time Mud Monkeys worked under somewhat less horrible conditions, and I am satisfied again.

This might be once in a lifetime work but when it has to be done, I would not call anyone other than Darby and his team to do it.

Thanks Rick.
Despite the obstacles we were glad you had us back to continue our treatment on your home!
Take care and stay dry.

External waterproofing

We had a damp basement and Darby gave us great advice as to how to deal with it. We ended up waterproofing a section of the external wall of foundation. The crew did great work, on schedule, and came back to regrade the soil as things settled a little bit (which was expected). A great experience!

Thank you for being another satisfied customer on our list.
Glad we were able to help with your dampness issues!

Jenna in Toronto
Jenna in Toronto

Awesome Service

Mud Monkeys helped us out of a bind, waterproofing a portion of our basement on incredibly short notice. Having had a dry basement for years, the weekend before we planned to list our house we got a bit of water in our unfinished basement. Given major melting combined with rain, about half of Toronto had wet basements at the time but we didn't want to go into a sale with concerns from potential buyers. Mud Monkeys came out for a quote quickly, and managed to have a crew on site the next day. When things were going ahead of schedule, they sent in an extra crew member and managed to get a 2 day job done in 1. We were able to list days earlier than expected after discovering the issue. The work looked great and the warranty transferred to the new owners giving everyone piece of mind for the sale!

Glad we were able to be a great service to you in such a short amount of time Jenna. Happy everything went through well.
Thanks again.

Waterproofing

The Mud Monkeys are awesome! Knowledgeable, friendly and respectful. They waterproofed our basement, which had been leaking every time it rained and we’ve been dry ever since, despite a few rainstorms. I liked Darby from the minute I met him - he is honest and very patient. Their quote was super reasonable (we got five quotes and had a wide range).
Their crew did an amazing job and was always friendly and professional. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to anyone! You won’t regret it.

Glad we could help with your pesky water problem.
Thanks for your kind words.

stewart k.
stewart k.

Clean Professional Solution

Over the years I have tried numerous solutions to resolve basement water issues including a complete exterior dig. Mud Monkeys' interior solution appears to have done the trick and resolved a long standing problem. The team was on time, neat and professional. I recommend the Mud Monkeys Solution.

Thanks Stewart! Glad we could solve your problem.

Karen E.
Karen E.

Basement Underpinning

In summer 2017 we experienced some water damage in our unfinished basement and knew we needed to move ahead quickly to fix the problem. I'm adamant about having multiple quotes for each project and I'm so thankful that we found Mud Monkeys through that process. It was evident that they are professionals and knew what they were talking about during our initial meeting. Our basement ceiling was originally 5' 6" and is now 8' 2"! The project started and ended on time, and there were no surprises with expenses. The budget for the project was as discussed. We were also pleased with the crew that worked on this project. They arrived at 7:30 AM every weekday morning and worked through to 3:30 PM. They took care in our house and were sure to clean up after themselves. In the winter (project started on November 20 and completed Feb 5), they went above and beyond -- they shoveled our walkway and stairs! They became fast friends with our puppy Finlay and each member of crew greeted him as they entered the house. This is one of the best experiences we have had hiring a contractor for our fixer-upper home. I can't recommend them enough! And with all this rain we've been having, we're so thankful that we had the work done.

Karen and Simon,
It was a pleasure to do work for you.
With being in the business as long as we have been, we know what you, the homeowner expect from us.
Glad we could go above and beyond for you guys and your growing family.
Thanks again and take care

More about Mud Monkeys Waterproofing

WATERPROOFING

Tired of mopping the water in your basement? Does your basement smell of mould and mildew? Is your foundation wall retaining water slowly and deteriorating? If the answer is yes to any of these questions, then the following will describe the reasons why, and how, to eliminate the problem. The cause of your basement's musty smell is because your foundation wall is retaining water, be it in the hollow block cavities or trapped behind the double brick or stone wall, as well as the water that is absorbed by the block, brick and stone. This combination causes the wall to produce mould, mildew and epharecense. The water trapped in the wall slowly deteriorates the wall, starting at the bottom.The water that makes its way into the basement through the wall and seems to cause us the most grief may not be the most concerning problem. The same problem will not occur with a solid poured concrete wall. The reason being you will find a defined crack in the solid wall that allows all the water to enter in, without retaining little, or any water.Regardless of which type of foundation you have, it can become watertight, mould and mildew-free by sealing your foundation from the OUTSIDE. With solid poured concrete foundations, you can inject the crack from the inside and the elements stay out.You must expose your foundation wall from grade level to 6" below the top of the footing. Then you must clean the wall thoroughly, exposing the deteriorated areas and cleaning all the dust and dirt from the wall. Then, restore any cracks or loose mortar joints with hydrolic cement. Cement coat the wall,Tar and install 6mm poly plastic on top. Once the wall is treated, install a 4" continuous weeping tile covered with 6 inches of 3/4" stone. Then back-fill the earth compacting at every foot. At grade level slope the earth, concrete, interlocking etc. away from the house.This method never fails. I have used this system over 13 years without fail. I have the references for you to refer to. We also have a photo album to take you step by step through the procedure.So, stop mopping! Relieve your allergies from mold and mildew and restore your foundation. When you do decide to restore your foundation do it the right way - from the outside. Remember, 40% of all my work is fixing other people's attempt to stop the water.