Mud Monkeys Waterproofing

Reviews for Mud Monkeys Waterproofing

Jay  in Toronto
Jay in Toronto

Interior basement waterproofing

Great work. On recommendation from a friend, I hired Mud Monkeys to do an interior waterproofing job in the basement on my bungalow-style house. Over the past couple of years, I had been experiencing water leaking into my basement during heavy rainstorms. I’d had conversations and visits with Darby over a period of time to assess the best options for my situation and he was always very informative and patient with all of my questions and concerns. I felt like I was in good and reliable hands. Jake and the crew that carried out the physical task of waterproofing the basement (and the tricky crawlspace area under the stairs) did a great job. Above and beyond. Always friendly, easy to answer any questions along the way and would consistently tidy up at the end of each day. Their professional work was completed on budget and on time as stated at the outset. I would not hesitate to recommend Mud Monkeys to anyone with water issues in their basement. Very pleased with the results. Thanks again!

Curt in Toronto
Curt in Toronto

Basement Dig, Underpin and Waterproof

We hired Mud Monkeys to dig out, underpin and waterproof our basement and crawlspace. It was not an easy job but Darby and his team did a superb job and we're thrilled with the end result. The crew were great to work with despite the difficult conditions, always on time and available to answer questions and requests, and cleaned up every day when they were done. They were very accommodating when we ran into any hiccups along the way and very transparent, fair and honest when it came to price. Would definitely highly recommend them!

Thanks Curt and Fiona for your review.
When undertaking a big renovation like Underpinning there are fairly often unforeseen issues that come up.
We are very good at working with you the customer to take those issues in stride and come up with the best way to address them.
We are very pleased you are happy with the end result!

Christine in Toronto
Christine in Toronto

Basement Waterproofing

We had an interior waterproofing service for our damp basement in 2016. I was nervous about selecting interior waterproofing for our detached historic Parkdale home over exterior, but could not secure collaboration of the neighbour which was needed for exterior approach.

Service was exceptional.

That was two years ago. SO much rain since then, our basement ? totally dry. No issues. Frank the finisher was an artist. Definitely recommend Darby and Mud Monkeys

Thanks for your review Christine. It really goes a long way for new customers.
Glad to hear you were pleased with the service we provided.

D J White from Scarborough
D J White from Scarborough

These guys are the real deal...

How many contractors have you met that show up when they say they will, charge you the price that they quoted, finish on or ahead of schedule, do high quality and very tidy work, and treat your home like they would treat their own? I would have said zero before I met Darby and his crew but now I can say "one: Mud Monkeys". These guys are tough as nails (this is not easy work), and are as polite as her Majesty Queen Elizabeth herself (my family and neighbours both commented unsolicited). All in all a great experience and I am looking forward to watching the Super Bowl next year instead of mopping water off my basement floor all weekend.

Thanks DJ, very nice words and very appreciated. We try to be the best at what we do, glad it shows!

Excellent, professional and personable

Mud Monkeys came highly recommended from a friend when we started looking for a company to underpin our basement. We dug out and waterproofed the entire basement of our home. Darby and his team were professional and accessible through out the project. They made it easy. The quality of the work surpassed our expectations. Highly recommended.

We always try to go above and beyond wherever we can. Glad you found the the process easy.
Thanks for you great review!

greg in Toronto
greg in Toronto

waterproofing

I am very happy with the job that Darby and his team did on my house. His guys were punctual, polite, and worked really really hard. They had to hand dig trenches between houses that very close together. I was impressed with how well they cleaned up around my place after such a dirty job. I would definitely recommend them.

Thanks for the review greg.
Glad you were happy with the finish product we strive for a good clean finish after every job. Everything is done by hand as to not be too intrusive on our customers property.
Take care.

Lyn from Toronto
Lyn from Toronto

Excellent Company

We highly recommend Mud Monkeys. We used this company for two jobs. One for our business and the other for our home. They were very professional and respectful of our properties. At all times we felt we were in good hands. We were very impressed to see that Darby was ready to be part of the dig when needed. Darby was also very supportive of his workers and treated them with respect. Thank you again for a great job!

Thanks Lyn, your kind words are very much appreciated. We always try to make our customers feel as if they made the right decision by choosing our company to do the work, all the way though the process. Even after it's finished, we are always available for any follow up. Glad we were able to stop the leaks on both of your properties.

Reliable and Professional

This company is very clear and honest with their quotes. What I appreciate is how professional they are. The advice they give is totally
clear and transparent. All questions were answered. Job was done on time dependant on the weather. This is a sterling company.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a quality review. We are pleased you were happy with the work that was done.

Tanya McCormack in Old Toronto
Tanya McCormack in Old Toronto

Basement Benching and Waterproofing

I highly recommend Mud Monkey's. Darby and all his crew are fantastic to deal with - very professional and reliable. They finished our job on time and communication was great. There were no surprises or added costs.

Thanks Tanya!
Glad you were happy with the finished product and service we provided.

Karin in Leslieville
Karin in Leslieville

Great Decision

There are a lot of things to weigh when you choose someone to help you with your home: cost, quality/craftsmanship, reputation, accountability and even chemistry. For us Darby and the Mud Monkeys struck the perfect balance of all those things.

What they did for us:
1. Exterior waterproofing
2. Basement benching (lowering)

Why Mud Monkeys:
1. Darby & team - knowledgeable, skilled, responsive, hard-working, honest/trustworthy, fair, problem-solvers
2. Value - they did a great job at a fair price
3. Accountability - they delivered against all of their promises (and then some), were on time/on budget and have a warranty that goes on pretty much forever
4. Reputation - over their many years they have earned a wonderful reputation (even our building inspector had nice things to say).

Definitely one of our best renovation decisions. Thanks Mud Monkeys!

Thanks Karin for your very honest review of our work.
We always strive to help our customers accomplish what they want all while working together and keeping a budget in mind. Glad you were pleased with your decision to go with us.
With having worked in the Danforth/beaches area for over 20 years we've built up a great reputation and work on keeping it every single job we do.

More about Mud Monkeys Waterproofing

WATERPROOFING

Tired of mopping the water in your basement? Does your basement smell of mould and mildew? Is your foundation wall retaining water slowly and deteriorating? If the answer is yes to any of these questions, then the following will describe the reasons why, and how, to eliminate the problem. The cause of your basement's musty smell is because your foundation wall is retaining water, be it in the hollow block cavities or trapped behind the double brick or stone wall, as well as the water that is absorbed by the block, brick and stone. This combination causes the wall to produce mould, mildew and epharecense. The water trapped in the wall slowly deteriorates the wall, starting at the bottom.The water that makes its way into the basement through the wall and seems to cause us the most grief may not be the most concerning problem. The same problem will not occur with a solid poured concrete wall. The reason being you will find a defined crack in the solid wall that allows all the water to enter in, without retaining little, or any water.Regardless of which type of foundation you have, it can become watertight, mould and mildew-free by sealing your foundation from the OUTSIDE. With solid poured concrete foundations, you can inject the crack from the inside and the elements stay out.You must expose your foundation wall from grade level to 6" below the top of the footing. Then you must clean the wall thoroughly, exposing the deteriorated areas and cleaning all the dust and dirt from the wall. Then, restore any cracks or loose mortar joints with hydrolic cement. Cement coat the wall,Tar and install 6mm poly plastic on top. Once the wall is treated, install a 4" continuous weeping tile covered with 6 inches of 3/4" stone. Then back-fill the earth compacting at every foot. At grade level slope the earth, concrete, interlocking etc. away from the house.This method never fails. I have used this system over 13 years without fail. I have the references for you to refer to. We also have a photo album to take you step by step through the procedure.So, stop mopping! Relieve your allergies from mold and mildew and restore your foundation. When you do decide to restore your foundation do it the right way - from the outside. Remember, 40% of all my work is fixing other people's attempt to stop the water.