Waterproofing

Reviews for Mud Monkeys Waterproofing

Chris in Toronto
Chris in Toronto

Interior Waterproofing

I cannot say enough good things about the interior waterproofing that Mud Monkeys did for us. Darby was extremely responsive and explained all of our options before work started. Pricing was competitive. Staff were great - kept the house clean and were very respectful. These guys worked in tandem with our plumber and even he couldn’t say enough good things. I would definitely recommend.

Thanks for your review Chris. We always try to work well with other trades, it makes for a good work environment. Glad you were pleased with the outcome and finished product.

russ_taylor90 in East York
russ_taylor90 in East York

Basement foundation waterproofing.

Mud Monkeys very organized professional company to deal with. Jobsite was cleaned every day no inconvenience to myself or neighbors. Discussed every step of the waterproofing process with us in great detail.
Highly recommend.

Thanks for taking the time To review our work Russ.
Cleanliness is key in such a dirty field of work.
Glad you were happy with the overall process.

Wanda in East York
Wanda in East York

Basement Waterproofing

Great job done, the job stayed on schedule, workers were clean and removed everything from our site. very up front with cost and details, also advised of possible issues before hand. No added cost to the job in the end. Nice to have a dry basement. No more need for a mop and bucket on the heavy rainy days.

Glad we could save you from that back breaking constant clean up Wanda. Thanks for your nice review we appreciate it.
Take care

Sarah in Toronto
Sarah in Toronto

Exterior waterproofing

Darby from Mud Monkeys first came to provide a quote at the beginning of summer 2018. He was happy to answer any questions I had, and thoroughly explained what the work would entail based on my request. We decided to move forward with work at the end of the summer. The work was completed on time and the price quoted was the price paid.
Following this initial work, we discovered more waterproofing was required. I didn't hesitate to call Mud Monkeys again. They were able to quickly provide a quote for us, and were able to adjust their work schedule - including working on the weekend - to fit us in. Darby, Nick, and all of the crew were great to work with.

Thanks Sarah, glad we were able to help and were able squeeze you in to get the rest of the work done for you.

Brad Einarsen in York
Brad Einarsen in York

Professional, complete, and careful

I had noticed a small river forming in my furnace room whenever it rained so I knew that my 1930's home needed waterproofing. I interviewed six different companies to see what they recommended and chose Mud Monkeys because they had the most thorough and complete solution.

I worked mainly with Darby throughout the job as the "client guy" (but he also got into the dig when needed) and James as the crew foreman. All I can say is WOW. These guys are professional, considerate, and accurate. Every big job like this has some unforeseen issues and some things that the homeowner (me) won't necessarily know but they were patient, explained the process, and always came up with a solution that surpassed my expectations.

When it comes to waterproofing when you do it you may as well do it right. And if you want to do it right I can't imagine finding anyone better than these guys. Thanks, Mud Monkeys!

Brad- thanks so much for your recommendation. We always appreciate when a homeowner does their homework and due diligence to find the right contractor. I'm glad we met and have surpassed your needs. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

Silvio in Toronto
Silvio in Toronto

Basement waterproofing

I kept delaying to fix my minor water leak in the basement because of the hassle of finding someone good and the mess associated with the digging. Mud Monkeys OVER delivered. AMAZING team and FANTASTIC workmanship. Don’t live with a leaky basement - call Mud Monkeys !!!

Thanks so much Silvio!
We pride ourselves on our cleanliness in such a dirty line of work. We are glad you took your time to find someone who was right for the job and glad it was us. Our reviews definitely live up to our work!

Peter M in North York
Peter M in North York

Basement waterproofing

Mud Monkeys were a great help with my basement problems. They provided a few options and explained the pros/cons of each without any pressure. The work was done on time and I was able to communicate by email (my preference) quite easily. I definitely recommend this company.

Thanks Peter we always try to offer a couple options to alleviate your issues. Glad you found communication with us easy. We like to be available as easily as possible to our customers.

Anne in Maple
Anne in Maple

Waterproofing Basement

We first hired Darcy and the Mud Monkeys in 2005 to waterproof our basement. We were very happy with the work. You won't find a harder worker than Darcy, and his team was punctual and professional. The job cost exactly as quoted and we have since hired the Mud Monkeys for 3 other waterproofing jobs. We would recommend The Mud Monkeys without hesitation.
Anne & Steve Green

It's always a pleasure to be of service to you Anne and Steve!
It's always nice to build good relationships on quality hard work.
For being in service for over 20 years it's always nice to work for repeat customers.

jeff in Toronto
jeff in Toronto

Cantina waterproofing After Mason repair.

Employed this company to do some waterproofing around the front of my home. I was coordinating a foundation repair job, and the subsequent waterproofing ( as my mason wouldn't do it).

Mud Monkeys were a pleasure to deal with. They were always on time, explained all my options, and did good honest work for GREAT rate ( i procured multiple quotes from other organizations). The crew that arrived at my house were respectful and tidy. Their team was also very easy to communicate and correspond with.

If you are looking for waterproofing I highly recommend asking their team for a quote. The level of customer service and understanding went above and beyond.

Thanks again boys!

Thanks For the amazing review Jeff. It did take some coordinating but glad it ran seamlessly for everyone involved. You were a pleasure to do business with.

Ana Therezo from Etobicoke
Ana Therezo from Etobicoke

Basement Waterproofing

Job well done! Right after we bought the house, I called Mud Monkeys to assess why there was water all over the basement. Darby explain me everything in details. He was kind and patient (I don’t know anything about construction) and he arranged to have it done as fast as possible since we were moving to the house. He also came back when I had to move the water tank to complete the waterproofing without charging me extras. I can’t recommend them enough.

Thanks Ana, really glad we were able to accommodate getting in there for you. Thanks for your kind words.

More about Mud Monkeys Waterproofing

WATERPROOFING

Tired of mopping the water in your basement? Does your basement smell of mould and mildew? Is your foundation wall retaining water slowly and deteriorating? If the answer is yes to any of these questions, then the following will describe the reasons why, and how, to eliminate the problem. The cause of your basement's musty smell is because your foundation wall is retaining water, be it in the hollow block cavities or trapped behind the double brick or stone wall, as well as the water that is absorbed by the block, brick and stone. This combination causes the wall to produce mould, mildew and epharecense. The water trapped in the wall slowly deteriorates the wall, starting at the bottom.The water that makes its way into the basement through the wall and seems to cause us the most grief may not be the most concerning problem. The same problem will not occur with a solid poured concrete wall. The reason being you will find a defined crack in the solid wall that allows all the water to enter in, without retaining little, or any water.Regardless of which type of foundation you have, it can become watertight, mould and mildew-free by sealing your foundation from the OUTSIDE. With solid poured concrete foundations, you can inject the crack from the inside and the elements stay out.You must expose your foundation wall from grade level to 6" below the top of the footing. Then you must clean the wall thoroughly, exposing the deteriorated areas and cleaning all the dust and dirt from the wall. Then, restore any cracks or loose mortar joints with hydrolic cement. Cement coat the wall,Tar and install 6mm poly plastic on top. Once the wall is treated, install a 4" continuous weeping tile covered with 6 inches of 3/4" stone. Then back-fill the earth compacting at every foot. At grade level slope the earth, concrete, interlocking etc. away from the house.This method never fails. I have used this system over 13 years without fail. I have the references for you to refer to. We also have a photo album to take you step by step through the procedure.So, stop mopping! Relieve your allergies from mold and mildew and restore your foundation. When you do decide to restore your foundation do it the right way - from the outside. Remember, 40% of all my work is fixing other people's attempt to stop the water.