Paddy's Market

R.R. #1 Tauton Rd. Hampton ON L0B1J0
HomeStars  >  Appliance Retailers in Leaside  >  Paddy's Market

Reviews for Paddy's Market

Service

We started replacing all of our appliances about 4 years ago and after much research we dealt with Paddy’s market. In almost every case the price per appliance was cheaper and they have outstanding service with highly knowledgeable staff. I highly recommend using Paddy’s. delivery was fast and on time

Theresa L in Oshawa
Theresa L in Oshawa
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

Saved alot through Paddy's market

My husband and I have used Paddy's market for over 10 years. We recently bought a fridge, stove ,and dishwasher during there scratch and dent sale. We saved almost $1,000 compared to the box stores, the marks that were on them are hardly noticeable and they work great. Initially we had a problem with one fridge door being higher than the other, they came out and fixed it within a few days. At our last home we had a dishwasher short out, they came within a few days to fix that as well even though it was a week or so past the warranty date. Over the years we have bought three homes worth of appliances through Paddy's, they've always been more than fair.

Disappointed  in Port Perry
Disappointed in Port Perry
1 review Port Perry, ON

Cooktop hood

Worst service I have ever had. Purchased a modern Broan hood with a decorative glass that came in several colours so sold as an add on. Bought it partly because sales lady told me it was in stock, but after standing outside the storeroom for 25 min. was told it wasn’t. Got it a few weeks later and had it installed by a professional. The glass clearly didn’t fit so I took several pictures and drove back half an hour to the store. Saw 3 people but everyone passed the buck. I was told by y sales person it was an “ installation error”. I was told to call 5he manufacturer even though I had just purchased it. Sent my pictures to the manufacturer. I had 2 other professionals look at it and they told me what I already knew,it didn’t fit. Decided to call the installers (electricians) that Paddy’s used because I knew Paddy’s would listen to them.This all took 3 months plus. The man from The Appliance Connection was so nice,actually apologized and of course agreed that it didn’t fit. I think about 3 weeks later I finally had a hood that looked nice. Never received an apology from the store or the manufacturer or a letter or phone all of concern,only an apology from the electrician who doesn’t even work there.Pathetic service. Will never do business there again and have told 3veryone who will listen my story. I’m a nice person. I don’t raise my voice or swear when I don’t get my way like I see a lot of people do.I just wanted someone to listen to me, look at the pictures which said everything and fix it.
It’s not hard to find a place that sells appliances.

Lynn from Whitby-6172
Lynn from Whitby-6172
9 reviews Whitby, ON

Purchased new appliances

We purcahed all
Of our appliances through Paddys Market. I was completely satisfied with the sale prices we received on every appliance. Delivery and installation was quick and at our convenience.
I would purchase from them again in the future.

Chad  in Toronto
Chad in Toronto
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

Incompetent or Dishonest ?

I had Larry come to service 2 refrigerators, he advised my Maytag needed a new main board ($200 + install) and the other needed parts aswell. Shortly thereafter i was advised the parts were discontinued. .. . S.O.L.
Not satisfied these parts were nowhere in existence i browsed the interweb. . .
Maytag appliances have a main board reset procedure (its free and takes 10sec's !) that must have escaped Larry's memory. . . ?
Incompetent or dishonest. . .
Wont be back !

SC in Mississauga
SC in Mississauga
1 review Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON

Please read their website and fine prints

Bought a pair of washer and dryer last week, was delivered on Thursday and when I got home, I spun the washer drum and heard noise like a couple of nuts inside. I called Paddys on Friday and talked to the service dept as my sales person is not in. They said they don't service my area and will contact Whirlpool for a repair person. I said The machine just got delivered yesterday and it's not even used and I asked if can replace it with another unit, they said no as they will repair the machine. I asked if I can return this machine and pay more money to get another model and they said there will be a restocking fee for returns. They eventually called me back and told me whirlpool doesn't have a repair person servicing my area and they will send their technician from port perry on Monday morning.

I read their website and read all their policies and fine prints and they don't list their return, refund, exchange policies. They only said that they will replace after unable to fix it after 3 times.

I also bought extended warranty and now I wonder how is this going to work if they don't have technicians servicing my area.

The price I paid is pretty much the same as the other big box stores, difference is they deliver and install and haul away the old appliances where the other stores charge a small fee for those services. But next time I will go to the big box stores and pay a bit for the delivery and haul away just because the big box stores have excellent return exchange and refund policies.

Private User reviews Oshawa, ON

Appliances

"seemingly" good prices, however, wish I had looked up the deal I was getting. After price comparing at several stores for a fairly basic stove for an apartment unit, I found a great floor model at Paddie's for $200 off. It seems like a pretty good discount and I bought the stove (and I'm happy with the price I paid) however, when I entered the model number to check out reviews of the stove, the price that I paid is the same advertised price as everywhere else, so feel that the store jacked up the original price to make it look like a good deal, either that or they're way over priced for regular items.

The price isn't the issue of the stove I feel, but definitely created a lack of trust for any future purchases as I don't really believe I got a discount for taking the floor model.

Bill & Sonja Graham from Oshawa
Bill & Sonja Graham from Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Maytag gas stove

Purchased stove from John Dean who was friendly, helpful. Picked up ourselves as we didn't want to wait a week. Used oven first time and almost burnt my hand on knobs due to oven heat. Called right away wanting to return it but was told they had to send out a service man to check it first. He came today, nothing resolved. Have called PDM, call redirected from John to Jamie who refuses to answer/return our calls. We just want to return this stove for a refund!!! Not helpful when they have our money in full. Depending on the outcome I will change this review accordingly but as of right now DO NOT GO THERE!!!

Sharon from Whitby
Sharon from Whitby
4 reviews Whitby, ON

Appliances

The only real deals are the damaged or slightly damaged appliances.

After comparing flyers and websites, you can get a better price for better quality appliances at other stores when they have sales (also try speaking to the store manager for a better price if you are buying multiple appliances).

Paddy's Market isn't really worth the drive, unless you want slightly damaged appliances for an okay price - for a basement or something.

I also bought items that I had to pick up from their stock building at the back, the stock building staff aren't friendly and are very slow.

In-store customer service is pretty hit or miss.

Kim McCann from Seagrave
Kim McCann from Seagrave
1 review Port Perry, ON

Kitchen

Twice delivered dented appliances as "new" but not in a box. We complained and said they will give discount. Naively I said yes to the first one. The second time it happened my husband asked me if I ordered a new fridge or a dented floor model. I said new! Called my salesman and he says fridge was back ordered and couldn't get it to me for 3 more weeks, but could give me a discount on the one they sent. He didn't bother calling me to tell me this he just sent a dented fridge that they were storing their lunches in (fridge had food spills in it) We said no discount, want new fridge. They say fine but you have to send the dented one back, I say I just moved into a house and I have no fridge (they delivered on the wrong day also). They said too bad you can't use the fridge. We ended up using the fridge until I got a new one to which I said I need it delivered in its original box. The exact thing happened to our friends the other day. I was there when they brought it out from the truck and it was not in a box, had only a little foam protector on top and bottom. It had a huge dent on it, she calls and they offer discount also. She says no wants her fridge. They say same thing that it will take over a week to get the new fridge in and you can't use the dented one either. Gave her such a hard time, ended up being able to use the fridge until replacement came but had to fight for it. I think they buy truck loads at discounted prices and peddle them off as brand new out of box and offer discount if you complain about any dents.....