Sears Roebuck And Co

Writer in Rockport
Writer in Rockport
6 reviews , MA

Appliances

I used to buy all of my appliances at Sears because I trusted their Kenmore name. However, we've needed a new washer, dryer and fridge all in the past year and have done extensive research prior to going to Sears. The Sears employees we dealt with clearly did not know their product information very well. I asked several specific product questions and they were wrong each time. Plus, they're paid on commission and usually try to push the most expensive item. Also, they charge a 15% restocking fee if you return an appliance, even if it's unopened. Stay away!

SS in Brookline
SS in Brookline
2 reviews Boston, MA

Kitchen Appliances

I've had mixed experiences with knowledge levels of salespeople in Sears (and elsewhere). When I went to the Natick Sears on the tax-free weekend (when it was packed), Tom spent time with me reviewing my choices and has been helpful with my follow-up questions. He was great, and I'm glad I found him.

MLB
MLB
35 reviews Boston, MA

The computer broke on our washing machine

We moved into a new house and inherited the former owner's washer and dryer. As if on cue, the washer stopped working three weeks after we moved in. As it was a Kenmore brand, we called Sears for a service call. The repairman was friendly enough, but told us that it was a simple rebooting issue. He rebooted the computer, charged us $50, and started the machine. The next time we tried to use it, the machine malfunctioned and flooded. When we called Sears to ask them to return and repair their mistake, we were refused service.