Port City Builders Inc

URBAN DIVA DORCHESTER
URBAN DIVA DORCHESTER
1 review Boston, MA

Purchased a rehab

I contacted this company for work on another project and was subsequently approached about another project, a two family the company was in the process of rehabing. It was very appealing as I was told that I could make changes due to the early stage of the work and changes requested would be no problem, doable. The home is without a doubt beautiful on the surface, but incomplete. Due to the contractor's financial issues, he insisted on closing before work was complete. He promised to complete the work which I asked for in writing, my asking for a contract illiceted a response from the builder that he was offended that I would suggested that he would not keep his word. Unfortunately, because he was someone I thought I knew, I foolishly agreed to close without getting his promises in writing. We closed in November of 2006; I AM STILL CHASING THIS CONTRACTOR IN SEPTEMBER OF 2007 to complete the work. There is electrical work that is not complete and NOT signed off on by the city inspector, bathrooms are incomplete, there are holes in the walls around the house where the electrical guy has done some work and dissappeared mid-job, kitchen cabinets are not complete. After closing the contractor dissappeared for months after I wrote him a check for 5,000 for work on another property. It has been a nightmare of months of chasing, calling, waiting for people that never showed up to do work after making an appointment to do work. I have been completely disillusion and dissappointed. I believe I was prayed upon by this man because of a previous relationship via a common place of worship. This has been a horror story that should not ever be allowed. I did not understand that the price of this property was over inflated due to his financial disposition. I could not sell this property today at what I paid (borrowed) for it.