TELUS - SmartHome Security

TELUS - SmartHome Security

Reviews for TELUS - SmartHome Security

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Telus security

After spending 5 days trying to get service for my home security getting bounced around and put on hold, all I heard was Teluss sustainability plans and world hunger. Telus should actually refocus and stick to its core business and service its customers because they clearly do not.
My alarm was not functioning and over a 5 day period they tried to fix it via phone, finally they agreed to send out a technician on day 5. The appt was open from noon-5pm. I sat around all day and at 5pm when i called to find out what the status was i was told someone decided to cancel the technician and explained it could be fixed over the phone but when they
attempted to do that they couldnt. I lost 1/2 day of work and a whole
week of being on hold dealing with a different person each time. When I finally had enough and said I wanted to cancel the service they bounced me around again only to be transferred to someone that instead of quickly cancelling my service and refunding me my prepaid amount
offered me an upgrade. Telus is great on the upsell but terrible on the post sale service.

Private User reviews , ON

Upgraded panel

I was forced to upgrade to the new digital panel last August. I had to sign a three year contract (I was month-to-month before). The control panel failed in November and I was without an alarm system for 10 or 11 days. Well, it failed again in January. Same issue. I am totally unimpressed.

Tarz
Tarz

Broken into and left exposed

This review is for Telus Security and their Security Monitoring Company:
My husband and I got off a 14 hour flight and received alerts on our phones that our home alarm had been triggered 12 hours ago, and we had messages from security monitoring to call them back. My husband did and was told our alarm was triggered, when they couldnt get ahold of us they sent a security guard to check our home, the security guard said the house windows and doors were secure, our home was safe, must be a false alarm. We saw in our security app that the basement motion sensor was triggered first, then the front door, which seemed odd I texted my neighbour to ask if she had heard our alarm or seen anything, since we still had another flight to go before we were home. She sent photos back that were of our broken back gate, and our basement window that had the screen cut and was forced open and left wide open. She said we had clearly been broken into!! When we got home we called the police and filed a report! Someone had indeed kicked in our back gate to gain entry to our yard and broken into our house via a basement window! It was so obvious, how could a security guard have missed that if they had indeed come to our house and checked our home?! They couldnt have! They did not secure the home as they said. And our house was robbed, and left exposed, the front door was left open! It looked closed, but was open! Unlocked and open! No one checked anything! Not only did they fail to call the police when they couldnt get ahold of us as they should have - we could have been shot, stabbed, or otherwise incapacitated and needing help - they also failed again when they sent a security guard who did nothing to secure our home after an alarm had alerted them that someone had broken in! If they had bothered to look they would have seen the wide open window, or the open front door, and called the police!! The only functioning part of this security system is the alarm itself, it sounded properly when triggered and scared the intruder into rushing out with only a small jewelry box - unfortunately full of of irreplaceable family heirlooms - instead of being able to take their time and rob us blind. We live very close to a police station, if Telus/ADT had done their jobs correctly, the intruder could very likely have been caught.
To add insult to injury, when we reported to the Security Monitoring company that there had been an actual break-in and items taken at our house when the alarm went off, they apologized and said the director would call me back. That was 5 days ago, and we havent heard a peep.
We also called Telus to let them know their home security personnel failed, and they said oops thanks for telling us, and that was it.
I fully expected an apology, a follow up, an offer of increased sensors or cameras or stickers, or a discount of money back! The police told me to have a serious conversation with our home security company, because that fail show is unacceptable.
We trust the alarm, but not the company, and have to reconsider Telus Home Security.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Migrate home security from ADT to Telus

Had telus replace ADT. New install included doorbell video. Since install 4 months ago, we kept hearing a buzzing noise, but could never pin down the cause. Finally found it was coming from the doorbell unit mounted up high on the wall. Internet search finds possible cause is an underpowered transformer in the doorbell unit. Telus installer had muttered something about having to return to replace a transformer, but made no mention of when, why, and the effect of not replacing the part. Needless to say, nothing has been done. Another example of the Telus bushleague approach to customer service; they can't seem to be able to do anything on my behalf without fouling it up.

Murray in Calgary
Murray in Calgary
0 reviews Fort Saskatchewan, AB

Telus security

We had Telus install a security system in August 2022, in the las month 3 of the units batteries have failed, the cinnection to online, keeps disconnecting, one of the door sensors fell off, poor glue, set off the alarm. It cost me 120$ by the local police. I believe Telus has rushed into this business. The help line keeps referring me to the self help. I'm 80 years old. I don't have computer. Very disappointed.

Private User reviews North Vancouver, BC

Home security

The install was quick and the installer was friendly. So far the system has worked well and is convenient to access from the Telus home app.

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, and for choosing TELUS SmartHome Security. We appreciate you!

Very good security system!

I am very happy with my home security system from TELUS. I feel safer, and I can talk to people without opening my door. And I can see what's going on at home, even if I'm not home. The system is easy to use and install. The installer was friendly and knowledgeable. I can control everything from my phone which is so fast and easy.
No problems yet. If you are looking for a home security system, you should go with TELUS.

Ryan in Richmond Hill
Ryan in Richmond Hill
0 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Indoor & Outdoor Cameras, Smart Door Lock, Home Control Panel

I decided to go with telus for my home security. Installation was very quick and easy, the installer did a great job. The team was friendly and helpful. I love my control panel. I am happy with telus smart home security, I would highly recommend it.

Thank you Ryan! We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review, and for choosing TELUS.

Jasper
Jasper

TELUS SmartHome Security

We're using the TELUS SmartHome Security at home, and it's such a game changer! The doorbell camera & smart lock is the best combo. I can quickly check on deliveries and unlock the door for my guests from anywhere. The smart lock is my favourite - no more standing in the dark looking for keys or asking myself if the door is locked. I would recommend TELUS to anyone looking for security solutions.

Thank you for choosing TELUS SmartHome Security Jasper, we appreciate you!

More about TELUS - SmartHome Security

TELUS is Canada’s #1 home security provider (based on number of subscribers).

Enjoy the peace of mind and control that comes with TELUS SmartHome Security.

Protect Your Home and Family
Keep an eye on what’s happening in and around your home in real-time, no matter where you are, with Indoor and Outdoor security cameras. You can also view recorded videos as well.

Smart locks let you lock and unlock your door right from your smartphone. So whether you are leaving the house, or just climbing into bed, you never have to wonder if you forgot to lock the door.

Answer your door even if you’re not home, with a Wi-Fi doorbell camera. You can see and speak with whoever is at the door, even if you are at work or on vacation.

You can get help when you need it - with 24/7 professional monitoring, you’ll get notifications if unexpected events occur, and our security experts are ready to send emergency services if needed.

Control Your Home with Your Voice or Smartphone
From your smartphone, you can use Amazon Alexa (with TELUS Home Assistant) or Siri to turn on your lights, warm up or cool down your home, arm your SmartHome security system, open or close your garage door, and so much more.

Save Money on Insurance
According to The Electronic Security Association website alarm.org, you can save up to 20% on home insurance with a professionally installed 24/7 home monitoring system.

You can also save up to 6% on your heating bill with smart home automation devices - like a smart thermostat. Better for your wallet and mother nature.

Flexible Installation Options
You can do it yourself - self-install your system on your own time with our online guidance. Or we can do it for you - our professional technicians will safely install your order.