Phil the Handyman

Sandra
Sandra
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Identify Bathroom Fan Issue

Phil replied quickly to my posting. We arranged a time for him to come over the next day to look at the fan and identify what he thought the issue was. He arrived when he said he would. He took a photo of the existing model, measured the space, and demonstrated and explained how to replace the motor. We agreed that I was able to replace the motor myself and that if that didn't solve the issue he would return, check out the duct work, and fix the ultimate cause. When I asked what I owed him, he replied "pay what you think is fair". Phil is prompt, fair, communicative, and helpful. I won't hesitate to contact him if the new motor doesn't fix the problem.

No problem. And thank you as well. Anytime!

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Handyman Services on Moving House

I moved provinces last fall and required a handyman for a wide variety of tasks such as hanging pictures, mirrors, stained glass; changing out door knobs, shower head, installing locks; moving wall shelves; installing stand-alone shelves and shelving units; patio and home siding power-washing, basic labour, and a multitude of little tasks that arise when moving house. I also needed a some raised planters built. Phil was consistently reliable, very reasonably priced (cash by the hour), and was extremely handy not only in terms of carrying out tasks but also in seeing areas where improvements were needed and suggesting solutions I hadn't seen. Very friendly, versatile, works quickly, great ideas. Genuinely cared about his results. I would use his services again without question.

It was a pleasure to help you out, and look forward to you moving again!

Terrance
Terrance
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Phil fills the bill…

I originally found Phillip on the NextDoor app. I read his comments and decided to try him. Job was 2 facet set swap outs and a shower stall light fixture replacement.
Firstly, very accessible, texted right back.
Reliable, showed up when he said he would. Accommodating, picked up a replacement piece for me, from a third party.
Good value, from the time he arrived until he left, he put his head down and worked.
Trustworthy, stood behind his install and returned to make small adjustment.
I’d have him back anytime.

He charges a reasonable market value rate.
I’d have him back any time

I'm glad I could make your home more comfortable for you and your family!)

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

fireplace cap and roof duct cleaning.

I got quotes from more than 5 handymen, his was the best. He came on time, well equipped. He checked the blockage of water on my roof and it seems that it was blocked by some pieces of dirt and roof materials. He fixed it to perfection and then he fixed the fireplace cap which the wind blue away. If there is a ten stars, I would give.

It was a pleasure to have a client like you and anytime you need anything, I will be more than happy.

More about Phil the Handyman