Pool Hopper

Toronto ON M5M 4A3

Best of Newly
Listed '22 winnerBest of Newly Listed '22winner

Reviews for Pool Hopper

Pro-Tech Window Coverings Inc.
Pro-Tech Window Coverings Inc.

Pool

Pool hopper always does our pool maintenance, opening and closing. We recently got them to do our new liner. They were, as always amazing to deal with. We love uaing them for all our pool services.

Thank you so much for your kind words. The liner looks beautiful and we are grateful for your continued support!

Dave in Thornhill
Dave in Thornhill

Liner Replacement

Amanda and Christian were excellent. They responded quickly to our inquiries and set expectations that were met and exceeded. We would recommend to anyone who is looking for a pool servicing company.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and the HomeStars community! We are extremely grateful for your kind words.

Pool liner replacement

Pool Hopper Ltd. is a small but fast-growing company due to their committed and caring owners, Christian and Amanda. In the pool industry where scheduling changes constantly, they have demonstrated that they can deliver despite some situations not within their control. After vetting several companies last year to install a new liner, I
decided to hire Christian as he had previously done work for me and the price was right. Even though there were some complications, he persevered and got the job done to my satisfaction. I also had my swim ladder refurbished and solar blanket installed. Christian takes pride in his workmanship and demonstrates knowledge and expertise
beyond his years. It is comforting to know that there are still people whom you can trust to do a good job.

We appreciate your kind works and your continued support! It is always a pleasure to work with you!

pool liner and coping replacement

we were very disappointed with the service we received from this company. From the delays/lack of follow-up, delivery of incorrect parts, damage caused during install, carelessness with cleanup (several screws and metal shavings left behind) and lack of attention to detail. We went the entire summer with exposed sharp metal tracking because the supplier sent the the wrong coping. which was supplied about 6 weeks prior to install but unchecked by the Christian until the day of install. Needless to say we waited an additional 2 months before the situation was corrected ( by rough cutting the 10 foot coping to fit and waiting an addition month for 3 more pieces) The coping still doesn't fit properly in certain areas. The steel track that holds the coping was not aligned properly when installed, making it impossible to align the top coping cover. The corners where not installed at 90 degree angles causing one to crack over the winter (which they glued the piece back on as a fix) Another corner was damaged during install which we asked them to replace, and they did. It got to a point that we were apprehensive to pointing out the problems because it was met with hostility. There was an additional 2 week delay because their supplier ran out of the liner we had ordered 8 weeks prior/ Christian had called us on the day we thought he was going to install, to inform us the supplier did not have our liner available and it could be months before it would be back in stock, after he had told us 2 weeks prior everything was on track, We picked another liner and waited another two weeks. The whole process took about a year and although there are still outstanding issues ( bits of gravel/concrete trapped between the wall and the liner from the last of 4 failed attempts to fix a wrinkle, loss coping, misaligned seems and corner coping pieces as well as a bad caulking job) we are hoping that we don't have any major warrantee issues! which has been back dated to September 24, since (according to Them, that was the date the coping/liner was installed, even if incorrectly, all correction are now apart of the warranty coverage..

UPDATE: *Please note that the Customer & Pool Hopper are currently in contact and are working together to remedy this situation as best we can*

Thank you for review, we apologize that you have had a negative experience with our company. We would love/welcome the opportunity to remedy the situation by contacting us directly. My name is Amanda (Co-Owner & Customer Service Lead) phone number is (416) 805-0508 and my email is customerservice@poolhopper.ca.

This is a very small, family run business, and reviews like this can have a huge impact on our business. For this reason, I will also note that there are some things not mentioned in your review that are important to acknowledge in this situation, such as hundreds of dollars in free labour and services rendered, manufacturer issues witch caused delays, etc.:

1. Additional Coping and Coping Services Rendered Free of Charge: the customer hired Pool Hopper to replace the pool liner and some coping work, as Christian began working on the pool, he found that whoever installed the coping did not install it so it would sit flush with the pool deck. Christian made sure to bring this to your attention prior to continuing to provide the services. He let you know that, although functional, it will not be an aesthetically pleasing choice and warned that this may cause other aesthetic issues which you may not be happy with. He offered to repair this by grinding out 1/4” of concrete on deck so it would sit flush, however this would be an additional cost. You denied this solution because of the extra charges, and thus Christian completed the liner installation and minor coping job as you requested. Once complete, you complained to Christian that it was not aesthetically pleasing, and demanded he fix this. We then charged you only for the for additional coping material that we used, and provided you free of charge with extra coping material in case you wanted to do further repairs to the coping in the future. The hourly labour involved in this repair to coping, and any extra materials (i.e., caulking, concrete, additional coping materials etc.) We offered to include the labour and additional materials free of charge since you were unhappy with the cost and the services. The labour and additional materials were done/given entirely out of pocket as he did not want to see you unhappy with the work that our company takes great pride in.
2. Additional Free Services from Pool Hopper: Above the free hourly labour to repair the additional coping issues, many materials we did not bill for because you were already unhappy with the cost and services and we did not want to cause you more stress, etc., Christian understood you were frustrated with the process and offered/provided you with a free pool closing in 2021 ($365+ value) and a free opening service in 2022 ($450+ value).
3. Remedies Offered & Completed: We sent you an email at the very start of this year asking for a list of items you would like to be completed and came out as soon as we could to complete your free opening and complete all requests identified on your list and did not charge you for any of this additional labour.

4. Parts & Materials Delay: Please note that, as this liner was installed during the global pandemic, there was major shortages and delays in getting parts and materials. This includes major delays and decreased liner pattern availability with the liner and coping manufacturers. For example, we sent your liner pattern choice to the liner manufacturing company when you had let us know your pattern choice and the company accepted our request. It wasn't until two weeks later that we received a call from the manufacturer who let us know that they no longer had that pattern in stock. we shared this information with you the same day. We understand your frustration with the timelines, we too were very frustrated with the manufacturer timelines, however this was unfortunately out of our hands.

5. Warranty Concerns: I sent you an email regarding warranty last month, to which I have not received a response. As the email indicated, I would be happy to help if you have any questions. I would like to chat with you directly about your concerns, discuss warranty timelines, and remedy the situation as best we can.

We look forward to the chance to discuss with you directly and we hope you provide us with the opportunity outside of this review.

Hot tub drain and clean

I hired poolhopper based on a recommendation from a friend.
Christian and Amanda showed up on time, drained and cleaned the hot tub ( which was sorely needed) expertly and refilled it before they left.
Very impressed they even cleaned the cover which was very nice extra.
I would recommend poolhopper for this service.

Very glad to hear you were impressed with our service! We thank you for choosing Pool Hopper and appreciate your business!

Repairs to pump

I had become quite frustrated looking for a pool company to answer my call about a dysfunctional pump at my pool. By luck I came across Pool Hopper. Christain, the owner of the company answered my call and showed up on the same day. I was very impressed with the service and would highly recommend this company.

Glad we could help! Thank you for your support :)

Pool filter

Owner Christian answered my call on a Sunday which was surprising.
When he came to help me with some pool issues, I found him knowledgeable and friendly. I have no doubt he will take his company to higher heights and wish him much success.

After much frustration in trying to get hold of a pool filter, owner Christian came through for me again! I was very happy that he was able to skillfully install the new filter in the same spot as my previous one and even configured a better place for my pump to make it easier for me. He worked diligently from start to finish and he and his assistant Deklan were respectful, courteous and professional. Although they were busy, they didn’t mind me asking questions and were compliant with my requests. This was not the first time I used Christian’s services and it won’t be the last!

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for continuing to use Pool Hopper for your pool needs :) we strive to deliver respectful, professional, and quality service, and are grateful that you have had such an experience with us. We greatly appreciate your support and business!

Pool service and liner installation

The pool hopper team was professional and on time as usual. They know what there doing and get it done efficiently! These guys also clean up after themselves and leave the pool area looking amazing.

I would highly recommend their team to anyone that needs there pool or hottub needs taken care of! Kudos to the pool hopper team as I see them taking over the industry in the upcoming years if they keep providing this type of 5 star service!

Thanks for the kind words and the continued support. We are a small business trying to make a big splash.

Pool Opening

Prices are fair. Service is excellent. Christian is very knowledgeable and always happy to answer any of our questions. I have recommended Pool Hopper to many of my neighbours for regular service and liner replacements.

Hi guys, thank you for you kind words and continued support.

Maintenance and repair

First class service! Very professional and friendly. We’ve used Pool Hopper for ongoing maintenance including pool opening and closing. They’ve also assisted with replacing aging equipment. I would highly recommend them.

Always happy to help.

More about Pool Hopper

Pool Hopper is a pool service company working in Toronto and the GTA. Our experts have 10+ years experience in over 1000 backyards and commercial properties! With knowledgeable staff we will be sure to answer all of your questions, whether you are a new pool owner, or you are looking for the most modern tech. Relax and let our technicians do the work!

SWIMMING POOL CONTRACTORS, SERVICING THE GREATER TORONTO AREA.

POOLS, HOT TUBS, SWIM SPAS - SERVICE, REPAIR, AND RENOVATION