UPDATE: *Please note that the Customer & Pool Hopper are currently in contact and are working together to remedy this situation as best we can*
Thank you for review, we apologize that you have had a negative experience with our company. We would love/welcome the opportunity to remedy the situation by contacting us directly. My name is Amanda (Co-Owner & Customer Service Lead) phone number is (416) 805-0508 and my email is email@example.com.
This is a very small, family run business, and reviews like this can have a huge impact on our business. For this reason, I will also note that there are some things not mentioned in your review that are important to acknowledge in this situation, such as hundreds of dollars in free labour and services rendered, manufacturer issues witch caused delays, etc.:
1. Additional Coping and Coping Services Rendered Free of Charge: the customer hired Pool Hopper to replace the pool liner and some coping work, as Christian began working on the pool, he found that whoever installed the coping did not install it so it would sit flush with the pool deck. Christian made sure to bring this to your attention prior to continuing to provide the services. He let you know that, although functional, it will not be an aesthetically pleasing choice and warned that this may cause other aesthetic issues which you may not be happy with. He offered to repair this by grinding out 1/4” of concrete on deck so it would sit flush, however this would be an additional cost. You denied this solution because of the extra charges, and thus Christian completed the liner installation and minor coping job as you requested. Once complete, you complained to Christian that it was not aesthetically pleasing, and demanded he fix this. We then charged you only for the for additional coping material that we used, and provided you free of charge with extra coping material in case you wanted to do further repairs to the coping in the future. The hourly labour involved in this repair to coping, and any extra materials (i.e., caulking, concrete, additional coping materials etc.) We offered to include the labour and additional materials free of charge since you were unhappy with the cost and the services. The labour and additional materials were done/given entirely out of pocket as he did not want to see you unhappy with the work that our company takes great pride in.
2. Additional Free Services from Pool Hopper: Above the free hourly labour to repair the additional coping issues, many materials we did not bill for because you were already unhappy with the cost and services and we did not want to cause you more stress, etc., Christian understood you were frustrated with the process and offered/provided you with a free pool closing in 2021 ($365+ value) and a free opening service in 2022 ($450+ value).
3. Remedies Offered & Completed: We sent you an email at the very start of this year asking for a list of items you would like to be completed and came out as soon as we could to complete your free opening and complete all requests identified on your list and did not charge you for any of this additional labour.
4. Parts & Materials Delay: Please note that, as this liner was installed during the global pandemic, there was major shortages and delays in getting parts and materials. This includes major delays and decreased liner pattern availability with the liner and coping manufacturers. For example, we sent your liner pattern choice to the liner manufacturing company when you had let us know your pattern choice and the company accepted our request. It wasn't until two weeks later that we received a call from the manufacturer who let us know that they no longer had that pattern in stock. we shared this information with you the same day. We understand your frustration with the timelines, we too were very frustrated with the manufacturer timelines, however this was unfortunately out of our hands.
5. Warranty Concerns: I sent you an email regarding warranty last month, to which I have not received a response. As the email indicated, I would be happy to help if you have any questions. I would like to chat with you directly about your concerns, discuss warranty timelines, and remedy the situation as best we can.
We look forward to the chance to discuss with you directly and we hope you provide us with the opportunity outside of this review.