We interviewed at least 6-7 basement renovation companies before picking Assured Basements and are glad we did! Mike was easy to reach and spent two hours assessing our needs and giving us a quote by the end of the session which impressed us as we are both working professionals with young kids with limited time. The whole process was seamless and transparent:
1) a builder trend app is used to track progress, lists all the invoiced items and shows the schedule so you know exactly what youre paying for, and when things will be done, whose coming to your house.
2) there is a group WhatsApp which has the whole team addressing your needs and getting back to any inquiries right away.
3) the design centre has many choices and really nice standards - no other basement company does a piano oak staircase and a beautiful glass tiled shower as their standard.
4) price: they are reasonable and show you exactly what youre paying for with an itemized invoice on builder trend. So you can stay within budget
5) design: we love our floor plan that was proposed. In our townhome, we were able to fit a mini bar, a family room, a full bathroom, a small kids playroom and an area for a gym. They built storage doors under the staircase, around the furnace and a closet, giving us ample storage room.
6) team: a huge thank you to Mike, Ryan, Andrej, Nathan, Hollis, Katarina, and everyone else (painters, staircase expert, the baseboard installers, the framers) . By the end of this, they were like family and truly put care in our basement .
7) timeline: for the most part everything was on schedule, however by the end, the finishing took a couple of weeks longer than expected. This was immediately addressed in the WhatsApp group so we didnt feel ignored. And the quality of the job made up for the delay.
Thank you Assured Basements!
- Approximate cost of services: