Verdant Lawns Ltd.

Lawn Maintenance
Toronto ON M6B 2N5
HomeStars  >  Lawn Maintenance in Toronto  >  Verdant Lawns Ltd.   >  Poor service, poor communication and no lawn care
Suzi Winterstein in Thornhill
Suzi Winterstein in Thornhill

Poor service, poor communication and no lawn care

EDIT JULY 26, 2021: The company no longer owes me money. I will say this, Eliyahu (the owner) tried to tell HomeStars that I was never his customer. Don’t worry, I provided all text communications PROVING the below is accurate - including but not limited to his LAME apology on the etransfer when he returned the money I prepaid for mulch and for mowing never done. He admitted his wrongdoing and still had the nerve to say this was a false review. I believe the only reason I got my money back was because I filed with the BBB. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

I wish I didn’t have to come here and leave this negative review. Eliyahu is seemingly a pleasant man, appears knowledgeable. I have extended every benefit of the doubt, and here I am, at a loss.
They don’t show up. I hired them in the middle of the season last year and it was a struggle to see them come to mow. I never had a dedicated day and it was all over the place.

Through that (and because Eliyahu seems so kind and honest), I thought maybe it’s because I came to them mid season.

I went forward with the 2021 season, overlooking poor service in 2020.

I shouldn’t have.

It’s mid June and they’ve been here three times since April. I hired them for weekly mowing from April to July and they’ve mowed twice. July-November is supposed to be every other week.

I hired and paid for extra services for the beginning of the season. In April. I needed mulch for my tree in my yard. I prepaid for it. April. May. Now June... no mulch has been delivered. Now I’ve cancelled it as we no longer have access for a crew to our backyard. This was known from the beginning of the season.

I have texted. I have called. No response. I don’t even care about the money I prepaid for mulch (and don’t have). All I really want is a reliable gardening service to mow my tiny front yard on a consistent basis.

I asked for weeding to be done (as an extra - to pay for the service I need ). It was not done correctly and since they never show up to mow, obviously it’s not being done as part of a regular lawn care routine. :(

It’s sad that bad reviews need to be left. It’s sad that a company can just ghost customers who thought they had secured lawn care for the season,

I do not recommend them.