I live in a 145 year old house with a stone foundation. My foundation was crumbling apart in a certain spot and kept deteriorating to the point that chunks of broken stone fell onto the grass. This all resulted in water seeping into the basement during heavy rainfalls, leaving a puddle on the basement floor.
I hired Simply Reno to repair this. I chose that company based on the great reviews I read on Google and on the Better Business Bureau website.
Pjeter and his assistant Rafael did a fantastic job over three days. They were both very thorough and explained things very well to me over the three days.
Essentially, what they ended up doing was:
• Hand digging the area, 3-feet on each side of the crack, going 1 foot below the footings
• Cleaning the exposed portion of the foundation, pressure washing as needed
• Chiseling out the loose concrete
• Providing and installing forms for the foundation
• Pouring in new concrete, going all the way down to the footing under the ground to make a smooth surface
• Providing and installing membrane over the cracked area
• Providing and installing termination bar and complete caulking
• Back filling the trench with crushed stoned up to 2-feet
• Filling in the remainder of the trench with dirt & soil previously removed
• Tamping base and properly grading the area
• Cleaning up after the job was done
• As a bonus, Rafael gave me a tutorial on how to maintain my stone foundation, by walking around the house with me and by applying mortar to various cracks and using a trowel to smooth it out.
After they finished the job, I deliberately waited a month to write this review, so that some rainstorms would first take place and allow me to see for myself whether there would be anymore leaks.
So far, so good, my basement is always completely dry during heavy rains.
Thank you Pjeter and Rafael for a job well done.
- Company Response
Thank you so much for the positive review. I am happy we were able to help and that the basement remains dry. I really appreciate you taking the time to write the review and sharing your experience with everyone.