Simply Reno Inc.

Asbestos, Lead, and Radon Removal
3706 Louiseize Road Ottawa ON K1G 3N4

Reviews for Simply Reno Inc.

Brad in Ottawa
Brad in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Simply Reno repaired my stone foundation

I live in a 145 year old house with a stone foundation. My foundation was crumbling apart in a certain spot and kept deteriorating to the point that chunks of broken stone fell onto the grass. This all resulted in water seeping into the basement during heavy rainfalls, leaving a puddle on the basement floor.

I hired Simply Reno to repair this. I chose that company based on the great reviews I read on Google and on the Better Business Bureau website.

Pjeter and his assistant Rafael did a fantastic job over three days. They were both very thorough and explained things very well to me over the three days.

Essentially, what they ended up doing was:
• Hand digging the area, 3-feet on each side of the crack, going 1 foot below the footings
• Cleaning the exposed portion of the foundation, pressure washing as needed
• Chiseling out the loose concrete
• Providing and installing forms for the foundation
• Pouring in new concrete, going all the way down to the footing under the ground to make a smooth surface
• Providing and installing membrane over the cracked area
• Providing and installing termination bar and complete caulking
• Back filling the trench with crushed stoned up to 2-feet
• Filling in the remainder of the trench with dirt & soil previously removed
• Tamping base and properly grading the area
• Cleaning up after the job was done
• As a bonus, Rafael gave me a tutorial on how to maintain my stone foundation, by walking around the house with me and by applying mortar to various cracks and using a trowel to smooth it out.

After they finished the job, I deliberately waited a month to write this review, so that some rainstorms would first take place and allow me to see for myself whether there would be anymore leaks.

So far, so good, my basement is always completely dry during heavy rains.

Thank you Pjeter and Rafael for a job well done.

Thank you so much for the positive review. I am happy we were able to help and that the basement remains dry. I really appreciate you taking the time to write the review and sharing your experience with everyone.

Dorina
Dorina
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Mold Repair - Basement

Pjeter is the most efficient, organized, punctual, clean, precise professional I have had the pleasure to contact for Home Renovations. I cannot stop saying enough GREAT things about him, his company and employee!! Quote provided was excellent!! I will definitely recommend his services to ALL and will contact him again for future projects. EXCELLENT WORK!!!

Thank you Dorina, for the amazing review. I am so happy I was able to help you and that you are satisfied with our services. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. I look forward to working with you again!

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Repair of hole next to foundation

Pjeter came quickly to assess the situation and recommend a solution with an estimate. Work was done as scheduled. Area was well cleaned up afterwards. Thanks Pjeter!

hi Deborah,

Jessica in Aurora
Jessica in Aurora

Mold Removal

SimplyReno was recommended to me by a friend and I'm so glad I gave them try. Pjeter the manager was so helpful in explaining to us the process of mold removal in our basement and provided us with high quality materials at a reasonable price. He was really knowledgeable and professional! Kudos to the rest of the team for a job well done!

helli Jessica, Thank you so much for the positive feedback. It was an absolute pleasure to work with you.

Bryan
Bryan
1 review Ottawa, ON

Painting, bathroom renovation, mold treatment

Simply Reno Inc!!! FABULOUS!!! We hired the company for painting (5 rooms) plus renovate a small bathroom in the basement with mold problems. The team was so professional !! Showed up on time everyday at 8:30 and worked until 5:00, moved and covered the furniture, the floors, installed mats in hallway and on the stairs and cleaned up at the tend of the day. Pjeter is so knowledgeable and personable . I HIGHLY recommend this company for their professionalism, knowledge and ethics. We are so happy with the work done ! Thanks Simply Reno!

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for such an a great review. I really appreciate it and am so happy to hear how happy you are with the end result. You were an absolute pleasure to work with as well. Thank you again for the great review and sharing your experience.

Gordon from Greely
Gordon from Greely
5 reviews Ottawa, ON

Bathroom Renovation.

Complete reno done of bathroom including floor replacement, tile, vanity and toilet install, backsplash as well as painting plumbing and electrical work. Cost was for labour as we paid for major items. We were very pleased with the workmanship and especially with Leo the lead on the project. Some hiccups trying to get our mutual schedules to cooperate and with some finishing work by one of their people, which was corrected. Certainly recommend this company and we intend to use them again.

Thank you so much Gordon for your constructive feedback. We really appreciate it. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and are glad that everything was sorted and done as per your satisfaction in the end. We will ensure that this does not happen again. We thank you for choosing SimplyReno Inc and look forward to working with you again.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Foundation repair

I submitted a request for foundation repair through Homestars. Pjeter responded to my request via a phone call and after I gave him some further details of the issue, he explained to me what needed to be done to remediate the problem. He showed up the next day, to get a visual of the issue and provided me with a quote, which for the same amount of work involved, was the best compared to two other quotes I had received from other companies. I accepted his quote and then he booked me an appointment for the repair. Before any such work was to commence, markings to identify underground pipes are required from the City of Ottawa. Due to Covid, the City was backlogged with such request, but Pjeter managed to get the City to come and mark areas at the site fairly quickly. He showed up with his assistant on the day of the appointment, and explained to me one more time all the steps involved to get the repair complete. He (and his assistant) both had a very positive attitude, provided frequent status updates on the repair and answered any questions I had. I am very happy with the quality of work provided and would recommend SimplyReno to anyone who has foundation issues. Thank you very much Pjeter!

Hi Nik,

Diane in Mississauga
Diane in Mississauga

Painting

Peter and his co worker were incredibly hard working, reliable and timely. The job was finished impeccably. We would highly recommend anything he does because of his skill and work ethic.

hi Diane, Thank you so much for your feedback, we really appreciate it. It was our pleasure working with you.

James
James
1 review Ottawa, ON

Basement Mold Remediaton

We had a water leak in our basement that flooded the finished and unfinished portions of the basement. I cleaned it up as quickly as possible hoping to stop any major damage but we began to notice air quality issues. I had the air tested by a 3rd party company which indicated the presence of mold that needed remediation in the carpet and in the insulation in the laundry room.

After searching for companies I contacted Simply Reno. Pjeter responded quickly and setup a time the next day to come by and take a look at the project. He showed up on time (masked due to the pandemic & presence of mold) to take a look at the job. After taking measurements and examining the damage he described the process that he would take to remediate the mold and the approximate scheduling for the job if we moved ahead. He then followed up with a detailed quotation including optional services and terms later that evening.

We accepted the quotation and Pjeter was onsite with his assistant a few days later to start the job. They made sure to lay mats to protect the floor and always wore masks when inside the house. Whenever he completed a milestone in the job he walked me around and described what they had done and were going to do next and gave me the chance to ask questions. The job was completed within 3 days. All contaminated material was removed the area cleaned, air hepa filtered and mats all removed and best of all the air quality immediately improved.

Thank you James for detailed review. We appreciate you sharing your experience with others. I believe it is important for our customers to understand the work being done in their home. Communication is just as important as the quality of work. Thank you again for sharing your experience. It was a pleasure working with you.

0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Basement mold and asbestos abatement

We needed our basement and sub basement cleaned for mold and asbestos, Pjeter called us back right away and was in the next day, and he gave us a detailed quote within a couple of days. Other company’s were wispy washy in their details with their quotes and the amount of work they would do. Pjeter was very professional and he is super nice and went above and beyond what was expected from him.
He answered all our questions and explained everything to us as he went along.
They cleaned up as they worked and left the house clean as well. They even helped us put items back into the basement went the job was completed.
I would highly recommend Pjeter and his company for any renovation work you need. We will be using him again in the future

All work was done on time and efficiently.
I would highly recommend Pjeter and his company for any work you need done.

Thank you very much for the positive review. It was a pleasure working with you and we would be happy to help again in the future.

More about Simply Reno Inc.

We are a construction company that can help you from the start to finish of your project. We specialize in mould remediation, asbestos removal and foundation repairs. But our skilled team can also help you with drywall repairs, painting and flooring. We can also handle both small and large projects, including full renovations of your basement, bathroom, kitchen or any other room in your home.

What is going to set us apart from other contractors is attention to detail, one on one customer service and transforming your vision into a reality. We understand each customer is unique and ensuring that your personal needs are being met along the way is a priority.

SimplyReno Inc is fully insured and always maintains a WSIB clearance certificate. Our team is also certified for mould and asbestos removal.

Let SimplyReno Inc take your vision and make it a reality.