Pro Drain Techs Ltd.

Plumbing
Edmonton AB T5L 3H5
Plumbing
Pro Drain Techs Ltd.

Reviews for Pro Drain Techs Ltd.

safety in Edmonton
safety in Edmonton
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

Sewer line replacement

From the first phone call to final day of work
Simply the best , better than all the rest !!
I would recommend Pro Drain to my family , friends
Safe , professional , hard working , amazing clean up

Darryn from Edmonton
Darryn from Edmonton
23 reviews Edmonton, AB

These guys should wear capes

I've had Danny and his team clear out drains in several rental suites and houses. Always prompt, clean (yes, even with this dirty work they are very careful to clean), and courteous. They always scope the drain and use nothing but the best equipment so that they can properly diagnose what's happening in your drains. I have tried others and most do not scope unless you pay much more and then the quality of images is not very good.
I can't say enough what a great family-run business this is.

Ruby Bud from Edmonton
Ruby Bud from Edmonton
10 reviews Edmonton, AB

Cured in place pipe (CIPP) installation (sewer lining)

I've had roots invade my clay sewer pipe annually for the last few years and got tired of cleaning up my basement from my backed up sewer. Pro Drain scoped the line and provided excellent advice as to my options. I elected to try "cured in place pipe" (CIPP), which is fibreglass epoxied to the clay pipe and then cured (a Formadrain liner). My sewer from the new backwater valve to the city service connection has been relined - a distance of about 40 feet. In addition, the plumbers found that one of the clay pipes had formed an 8" crack that likely would have eventually failed (previous plumbers had not pointed this out or this crack had developed in the last few months). The CIPP apparently seals the crack & I now can sleep easy knowing that my sewer line will no longer be blocked by roots, it shouldn't collapse from age, AND my basement won't flood with my new backwater valve. The Pro Drain team arrived on time and completed the work efficiently and professionally within a few hours and all I had to do was move a bit of furniture. I am enormously pleased with the quality of their work and the ease with which this was done (from the homeowner's perspective). They were courteous and cleaned up after themselves. No damaged yard for me!
Addendum: Much to my surprise, the humidity in my basement (& the rest of my one storey house) rapidly dropped by at least 20%. It was around 60%, but it is now just above 40% (where it should be) even though the weather is warmer than when the pipe was relined. I haven't used a humidifier for years. I also notice that my house has lost its stench, which I had associated with my drains.
Most importantly, my radon readings (Dec 2019) have dropped by more than half. In addition to the CIPP pipe, I have sealed the secondary sewer access and backwater value site with 6-mil. polyurethane plastic sealed with Tuck tape (both locations have exposed soil) & I've added a Green Drain trap seal. I still have work to do reducing my radon exposure, but the CIPP installation has made a tremendous difference in unexpected ways.