Omega Appliances

Reviews for Omega Appliances

Glen in Toronto
Glen in Toronto

Complete disappointment

Sent a technician unable to complete the job but still charged me full price for his time. He also offered to help me overbill my landlord, and made false statements about the services completed.

Horrible Customer Service - BEWARE!!

I was having an issue with my washing machine not draining. I did some research and found that it was likely a problem with the pump. I removed the pump which btw is really easy to do, I've seen some reviews for this company where the customer was charged hundreds of dollars to do a very easy task that takes all of 5-10 min. I tested the pump and found that it was a bit loud but it did register having power. At this point I decided that rather than spend $300 on a new pump, I would call a service technician to confirm that the pump was the problem. The service technician showed up for all of 5 minutes and said he was 100% sure that if I replaced the pump it would drain. I asked if it may be that power is not properly drawing from the machine to the pump and he said no, also said no chance when I asked if it could be something clogged in the hoses. 100% sure the pump is the problem he said again. So he left, I replaced the pump, and still no draining. I called the service and said the technician improperly diagnosed the issue and that he needed to come back and re-asses. They said they would get back to me and didn't , I had to call three times to get a response. Finally they said they would come out again, but it will cost me another service call. I told them that was unacceptable and they said too bad.
So now I'm out almost $400 and my washing machine still doesn't drain. I am writing this review to caution others about this company. They don't stand behind their assessments, and their customer service is horrible. I would not recommend this company to anyone. If you have them come out for a service call you will be paying them $75 to look at your machine and make an assessment off the top of their head. They will not properly or at all test the unit, just grab you cash and go. Shame on you Appliance Repair Experts (AT NOTHING).

Hello. This review is not intended for Appliance Repair Expert. Unfortunately, a lot of small companies claim to be us and use our brand name, due to our good reputation and positive feedbacks constantly coming from out clients on HomeStars and other review platforms. We are sorry to inform you that you were victim of one of those fraudulent companies who claimed to be Appliance Repair Experts and ended up being a different company. Our service call fee is not 75$ as well as nobody has ever contacted our technicians, customer service or dispatch team with concern or issue nearly similar to the one mentioned in this review. Please note, we have contacted Homestars regarding this negative review, and they will transfer it to the page of the actual company that has provided you repair service.