Madawaska Door and Trim

Woodworking
Madawaska Door and Trim

Reviews for Madawaska Door and Trim

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Double entry doors with large glass lites

The doors and frame I ordered were generally well constructed. The installation was done professionally by a company I trust. BUT (1) the center fitting of the double doors allowed an air leak between them. Madawaska's field representative looked at the problem but did nothing to fix it: "that's just what the door is like". I had to glue insulation strips onto the doors and install bar locks to press them tightly together in order to lessen the air leak. (2) The seal in the large glass panels in the doors has failed TWICE so far. I've had to replace the defective sealed glass at a cost of $300 each time. That does not seem normal to me. I would not purchase from Madawaska again.

Claudette  in Toronto
Claudette in Toronto

Ordered a solid oak pre-hung custom made door, personally designed by mesigned

Madawaska"s web site is most misleading. It says to let your imagination go free and they will do the rest!!! We had to go back and forth several times because they could not do this or that: can't have solid panel must have raised panels, can't have that size lite only comes in X sizes etc. Frustration big time. After finally arriving at an acceptable door design came the question of a lock. I wanted a triple lock which is supposed to be installed in the factory. The door arrived without the lock installed. The strike plates were not inset, the sticks to the point that it is almost impossible to close on some days without leaning your full back against it. The problem is still not resolve because Madawaska says it is the installer's responsibility and the installer says it is the manufacturer's Iresponsibility. In the meantime, I am worrying about the hinges being pushed out of line. Hold off on Madawaske until you are sure who is going to do what and how. Most displeased with the affair.

More about Madawaska Door and Trim

Our history is our backbone. For over seventy years, we’ve been creating custom solid-wood interior and exterior doors. At Madawaska Door & Trim, we consistently craft each door to perfection, using old world craftsmanship combined with new world techniques.
Looking for Woodworking pros in Barry'S Bay?