Husband for a Day, Mike Wynnyk

Review for Husband for a Day, Mike Wynnyk

Shangela from Ottawa
Shangela from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Slow as molasses and will bleed you dry

Husband for a Day Home Repairs and General Maintenance, Ottawa
I do not recommend his services.
The proprietor (sole owner/handyman) charged a lot, $60 per hour + tax, and worked as slow as molasses, as if on purpose to charge more. There was always a part of the job left unfinished. He seemed to take on my work not to complete it as quickly as possible, but to take as long as possible: seemed to want to line his pockets with my $$$. He knew how to do things, but make it seem like hooking up a kitchen faucet was rocket science. He never finished the job at the end of the day, due to a missing part, or the fact that he came so late in the day he ran out of time. The missing part delays were unacceptable because he always knew in advance (from prior site visits) what the work was going to be. If the proprietor went to his truck to find a tool or a part, it took him 30 minutes rather than 5 or 10, at my expense. Worse, he was always 1-3 hours late for every appointment. Showing up late meant the simple job at hand dragged on for weeks. He required payment within a day of leaving my home, even when the job was incomplete. The proprietor charged me tax but did not provide an invoice that shows his HST number (= Business number) or business address. He sent his hours in a text, and bugged me with repeated text messages until I paid him. He withheld my house keys until I paid him, even when I was unsatisfied with the work done. I will be filing a report with the Better Business Bureau on this company.