If your machine is in need of parts and it is over 20 years old. Save your money and invest in new machine. Replacement parts are scarse for a certain brand.
Why can't technician look at different manufacturers whom produces the same parts and usage????
This is the problem with tradesmen. They don't think outside the box. I had to do my 'own research' and show them the parts from Amazon which is the technician said it's not the right one. Not even a hint which one.
Giving up without actually finding a fix. Easy money huh?No help at all. Pure frustration.
- Approximate cost of services:
- Company Response
Hello and thanks for your feedback. Let us first apologize for the misunderstanding. We have done some investigation into your complaint and have spoken to the technician for better clarification on what had taken place.
In the note on our system that was sent to you, the tech had explained that the supplier no longer has the part for that equipment and that the part was obsolete due to the age of the unit. It further states that you had sent the tech a link to amazon showing similar parts, which he had explained to you that those parts are for residential furnaces and not for rooftop units.
By this time you had told the tech you had gone ahead and hired another contractor. It was noted a few days later you had contact the tech saying that you did not hire anyone and that you wanted us to fix the problem which the tech had replied:
1. The part and wiring on your unit are different from those off amazon and that your unit needed to use the same part as the original.
2. He also stated that if we should take the part out we won’t be able to use any other switch other than what was designed for the unit.
3. Should in the event of anything happening, A SAFETY OFFICER will hold the company liable.
4. The tech can only work within the confine of the BC regulation and not anyone's opinion or suggestion.
5. Should there be a fire, no customer will take the responsibility to say, they had given the approval for the changes.
We understand your frustration and must apologize again, but there is not much we can do at this time. To further added, NO HVAC Contractors are allowed to install any parts or equipment here in BC Canada unless the parts or equipment went through the correct testing and has a CSA, UCL or other approved certification stamp.