ADT Edmonton

Sherwood Park AB T8H 2G4

Reviews for ADT Edmonton

Private User reviews Cold Lake, AB

Very dissapointed

Before moving into our new home, we checked around for home security. At the time, the only company that could install was ADT. We knew their prices were high but we had no option besides ADT.
Now almost 2 years later we have been approached by other companies who now can install in our area. Their rates 40-60% less than ADT with either equivalent or better services. My TV, phone, internet provider can provider a better service than ADT for 40% of what I pay.
So I called ADT to see if they could do a better rate which would help retain me as a customer. But the ‘retention department’ said they wouldn’t even talk to me until my contract is ending.
Well, if this is how they do things they can forget about testing be. And I have told neighbors who are in the market for security to forget ADT and guess what, they have gone to alternative providers.

We are sorry to read that you are dissatisfied with our services. Since we do not have your coordinates we cannot access your file to find more details on your contract. Normally when you agree on a contract term, you are responsible until the contract end date is reached.

It does not mean you cannot cancel the agreement before the end term, it just means that you may have to pay a penalty since we provided you at no cost some equipment upfront. Would you like to discuss about your contract, I invite you to contact me directly at mcaron@adt.ca.I will assist you and try to find a common ground for you.

Madeleine Caron
Executive Escalations Team
ADT Canada Inc.

Fijo in Edmonton
Fijo in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Never buy this ADT home security system

I bought this security system for my house a year ago. Most of the time the doorbell camera doesn't respond and every time we need to reboot the system. It's not in use when you actually need it.I would never recommend anyone to buy this security system.

Dear valued client, we are sorry to read that our services have not met your expectations. Please let the Customer Relations team look into this further. Can you please forward us the phone number associated with the security system and the best number to reach you to customer.support@adt.ca subject HOMESTARS and we will contact you. Thank you

Gw in Fort Saint John
Gw in Fort Saint John
1 review Fort Mc Murray, AB

Useless Customer Service - Unfulfilled promises. Loyalty ? Dept

Service call over a week ago since front door alarm had been going off for no reason for about 2 months. Fix- Need new battery. But- system too old so can't get battery. Every technician that has been to do work over the last 4 years or so looks at the panel and says "never seen one like this, it's pretty old". But they always did repair it and repairs covered by our plan. He says someone will call to discuss.
5 days later, no call yet so I call. Now the fun begins.
Billing dept transfers me to Installation Dept, oops- they actually transferred to Billing. Try Installation again. Nope, National Sales Dept. Nope, Loyalty.
Well, each person you talk to confirms your info. Imagine this- the 5th person I get transferred to, well along an hour now, doesn't accept my verbal password! The same password I've given to all the people I've been talking to all morning, none of whom could do anything yet.
so I ask for her supervisor- manager or loyalty. Leave a message. Full day passes, of course, nobody calls back, so call them again the next day and start all over.

So now half of our sensors are turned off, and of course they haven't suggested a fee reduction!
And we were supposed to have told them to upgrade the system when those technicians said "old system" all those times.

Huh?? Nice customer service.

We've been told they will go ve us a break on their $600 basic package, but they're increasing the monthly monitoring charge.
And, we need to,sign a 3 yr contract. Nope.

So,now I want to talk to a supervisor. Nope- of course unavailable. When ask to speak to that person's supervisor, told it's information that's unavailable-seriously?

So eventually leave message with supposed Manager of Loyalty. And the employee PROMISES he will tell her to call today.

Well, their workday finishes at 5 pm. Guess what- no call of course. And when I call the Manager of Loyalty- she has updated her voice mail--now gone on holidays!

If you can't service your equipment, why is that my problem? why didn't you suggest the upgrade?
Nothing indicated that just because the panel was old it still couldn't be maintained.

Private User reviews Whitecourt, AB

Upgrade security system

I contacted ADT with a problem with my alarm system going off on its own. They agreed to send out a tech so fix the problem. when he arrived he could not pin point the problem, but recommended that we upgrade our system because it was old. I totally could understand. I phone the ADT toll free number and was quoted 473.91 install and a monthly charge with no contract because I was a loyal customer(15+ years) which i agreed to. When the installer came out he showed me the contracts(???) and it read installation cost 590.54 and $$$ with a 3 year contract. When i phoned in to see what was up. No one could find the original quote Blah blah and they could no tdo anything to help and the manager who could was away from her desk. Needless to say I am no longer an ADT customer. Can't trust there to word on a quote how can you trust them to look after your home.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

No proper monitoring, no customer service

As a school installation, I find the alarm response to be terrible. I am advised of events 20 minutes after they occur.
Guard response is not conducted in a proper professional manner.
And customer service? Should I keep waiting on hold after 13 minutes?
But Sales picks up on first ring....so that shows their priorities.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Terrible Service

I had security monitoring on my house for 5 years with ADT. It took me several calls to cancel the service. It was cancelled in June of 2015 but they kept sending me invoices. After several calls, they admitted the error and sent me an invoice for a $225.70 credit on February 11, 2016. They told me the money would be returned to my checking account. This never happened. On June 28, 2016, I received a letter from them, asking me to provide them with payment instructions for the return of $135.42. I called their customer service line and asked them to explain the discrepancy. They told me I had to pay for January and February 2016 services. I repeatedly explained the service had been disconnected since June 2015. The representative ignored me and was very rude. Do not sign up with ADT, you will not be able to end the contract without a big headache.

We are sorry to read that our phone agents have not met expectations. Please let the Customer Relation team look into your file your situation to help resolve this. Please forward the phone number that was associated with your account and the best number to reach you by email to communication@protectron.com subject HOMESTARS Thank you

Naida from Edmonton
Naida from Edmonton

Alarm installation

These guys installed an alarm in my home 3 years ago. Luckily I have only had false alarms, but the company has been very prompt in their follow up calls. They have excellent customer service and will def. recommend this company to anyone.

karen from Edmonton
karen from Edmonton

security

they are reliable, respond quickly and very pleasant to work with. when the repair to our bathroom window was needed, they came right away and were very tidy and professional.

Palwinder
Palwinder
6 reviews Edmonton, AB

New alarm system with CO warning

They did pretty good job, but got very sloppy after the installation. It has been a year since we requested battery change. Technician came and said he has to make arrangement for a new system. We are still waiting for that.

Elaine from Edmonton
Elaine from Edmonton
6 reviews Edmonton, AB

Alarm

This is the third home that i have had installed ADT alarm and I have nothing but good things to say about this company.
Again the install was fast and everything was explained to me about how it works. Thanks Again ADT

Looking for Alarm Systems pros in Sherwood Park?