ADT Mississauga

ADT Mississauga

Reviews for ADT Mississauga

Antonella in Scarborough
Antonella in Scarborough

Worst excuse of a company!

Stay away from this alarm company nothing but incompetent employees who are rude. No one helps you when you have an issue and they secretly lock u into 5 yrs contract. Useless and unprofessional clowns can’t even get a lawn sign after 6 months of asking for one. They are awful ! With so many security co out there I urge u to stay clear of adt! Systems are cheap and break down often !

John W.
John W.

ADT Security

Worst company to attain security services from. Unfortunately when I bought my house the system came with it. The worst 3 years of overbilling, false alarms and sensor failures and lousy customer service. Furthermore when they sent their technicians and even they were not able to rectify the situation 100%. Save your money and your stress levels and find another supplier.

Dear John W,

We are sorry to read that we did not meet your expectaytions. Would you like to discuss further about your concern please contact mcaron@adt.ca. I will be pleased to assist you.

Executive escalations Office Representative

Caroline in Toronto
Caroline in Toronto

Terrible Service

They're very expensive, and have horrible customer service and very terrible internal processes. We will be switching as soon as our contract is up.

Firstly, they do not give you a customer bill - even after requesting. The systems are literally not capable of giving you a copy of your bill so you know what they are charging you for, which seems absolutely absurd.

Secondly, we have had the system for only a few months and have had so many problems with fake alarms. On one instance, we got a notification saying our door was left open. They didn't call us for three hours. It ended up being a fake alarm, but what if it was a real one? We have two dogs at home and they could have run away - and would ADT really have done NOTHING for three hours? What are we paying them for?

To say we are disappointed with ADT is an understatement. Please save yourself the hassle and do not sign up for their services.

Dear Caroline,

We are sorry to read that you have serivce issues.If the issues have not been resolved, I invote you to contact mcaron@adt.ca in order to discuss about your concern and possible solution.

Executive Escalations Office representative

Anila in Old Toronto
Anila in Old Toronto

The worst company ever

This Company is the worst along with Alarm Guard. I tried to cancel the service the next day of the installation and couldn’t. In the contract said that you can within 10 days without reason and 6 months with reasons. Called ADT and Alarm Guard for two months tried everything I could and no results. Some ADT costumer services supposedly tried to help me and at the end nothing happened. I refuse to pay my bills and put a complain with the Small Business Bureau.

Good morning Anila, we are sorry to read that you are having issues with one of our dealer. I invote you to cntect me at mcaron@adt.ca in order to discuss about your concern so we can find a solution to your issue.

Madeleine Caron,
Executive Escalations Office Representative

Private User reviews Consecon, ON

Disastrous Service - not able to stop beeping - ADT never again

During writing the terrible beeping sound continues every minute - chasing everybody incl. guests out of the house. ADT worked with untrained persons for hours and unable to stop the terrible noise. Our request to get a manager was answered 3 times with hang up the phone. ADT tech service is getting worse and worse. Waiting for their response but no one does. Damage to hearing, nerves and ripping out ADT - unbelievable. And that is not the first time, never again ADT

Dear customer,

We are sorry to read that you are experiencing equipment issues. We hope the issue has been resolved. If not I invite you to contact mcaron@adt.ca so can discuss aboutyour concern and find a solution.

Executive Escalations Office Representative
ADt Canada Inc.

Tom Perks
Tom Perks

Ridiculously Poor Customer Service

I have been a customer of ADT's predecessor Alarm System companies for more than 20 years and have been satisfied with the service. Given that time of loyalty most companies would consider me to be a good customer as I have always paid my invoices on time. I don't recall during that 20 years or more ever finding the need to call and complain about anything.
But since ADT took over it's been a horrendous experience.
For the past 18 months they have been applying my monitoring service payments to the wrong invoices. Then they send me past due notices for the invoices I have already paid.
In May 2018 they finally sent me a message that my account was at zero, then in June send me a past due invoice!
After hours and hours of research on my end, numerous phone calls and many more emails sending proof of bank payment to at least 6 ADT reps, they still don't get it.
There appears to be no internal communication as none of the ADT reps I spoke with appear to know what I have discussed with the others. Each and every conversation with a new ADT rep starts from scratch.
They really need to rewrite their mission statement where they talk about top quality service and putting customers first.
I have since cancelled ADT and switched to Rogers for much better service and a much lower price. I am generally a non complaining person who accepts that we are all human and mistakes do happen, but after 18 months of absolutely horrendous treatment from ADT I will never deal with them again.

September 27, 2018.
I posted this review more than a month ago and received a very nice apology from Madeleine Caron their Executive Escalation representative as noted below. To my surprise I have just received an email from ADT's accounting people saying I owe them $164.08 for an invoice dated May 12, 2017. I've forgotten how may times they change their mind on what invoice is unpaid after I send my bank statements proving payment of every invoice.
It's shocking that one hand of ADT apologizes and closes the issue, and the other hand doesn't know what's going on. This lack of communication with their flawed accounting system has been played over and over for the past 18 months as every ADT representative I speak with has no idea what conversation was held previously with other ADT representatives.
It's absolutely shocking and is just mind boggling how inept their accounting system is. Do yourself a huge favour - do not deal with these people.

Dear Mr. Perk first & Foremost please accept our sincere apologies for the misunderstanding & billing issues you have experienced. After investigating your account I did instruct our Collection department to remove your account from the agency. You will no longer be receving calls from them. Please ignore the breach of contract invoice your received, we have waived the invoice.

Yours Truly,

Madeleine Caron, Executive Escalation representative, ADT Canada Inc (at mcaron@adt.ca)

Don't waste your time or money

After being a customer for 14 years with over 15 false alarms, the last one being a false fire alarm, we have decided to cancel our contract. The false fire alarm was the icing on the cake. When I called the tech department for an explanation I was told 'that happens sometimes'. ?? The tech who came out to look at our system told us that these particular systems where faulty and should have been replaced. No one returned your calls, everyone makes promises, and everyone shuffles you from one place to the next . This morning I got shuffled to five different departments and once again ended up in customer retention which offered us a deal at $200 for a new system and $6 more a month.. Huh? We canceled. Do not waste your time with this company

Good morning, I am sorry to read that we did not meet your expectation. In order to help you, could you please contact me at msblendoriomoriello@adt.ca so I can review your account with you.

MARIA in Toronto
MARIA in Toronto

Poor Service

I was really disappointed for a constant false alarms including receiving phone calls from ADT.

This was the 3rd time that the technician came to our house to fix the sensors. And today, when I used the away button after the technician came over yesterday the alarm system went off again. The ADT dispatched the police officers and got my name, phone and birthdate.

I am disputing any related charges on my account for this kind of services and CANCELLING the contract for 3 years since up to this date you CANNOT resolved these issues.

I have been in your company for almost 15 years and never had this kind of very poor services.

I won’t recommend your company anymore.

Good morning, I am sorry to read that we were not able to resolve your equipment issue so far. In order to assist you to find a resolution could you contact me at mcaron@adt.ca. Madeleine Caron, Executive Escalations at ADT Canada Inc.

mike tjandra from Toronto
mike tjandra from Toronto
16 reviews Caledon, ON

Deceptive illegal practices by ADT, no regard for customers

I signed on 3 years ago for a 36 month contract. I have dutifully paid for 36 months. Now that I have told them I want to stop their services, they say that I actually signed on for 39 months! A complete and utter deception. This is deceptive and illegal practice. I even have paperwork that says 36 months!!!
Second problem is the alarm system keeps beeping every day even if the alarm is not set to arm. I have to disarm it every single time it beeps. There is something wrong with the system obviously. This company has refused to fix the problem. They said they will someone to come fix it only if I pay them to!! Can you believe this nonsense?
I will report them to the better business bureau and I will launch legal action for illegal deceptive practices.

Good morning Mr. Tjandra. I am sorry to read that we did not come inot a common ground in regards of your account. In order to assist you further can you contct me at mcaron@adt.ca? Madeleine Caron Executive Esclations at ADT Canada Inc.

Dakota  in Pickering
Dakota in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

Horrific customer service

ADT dispatched police by error and then build us $200 for the dispatch. Refuting this bill should have been effortless , yet it was painful and they wouldn’t refund us immediately. Upon finally discovering their alarm system in our house was faulty, they arrange to have it replaced. It took over a month to replace it as they admitted they forgot to order the part! Terrible customer service! Resolving issues over the phone with ADT is extremely challenging.

Dear client, we are sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations. Since this is a monotoring related issue wich resulted into a police fine we invite you to contact our emergency service group at ams@adt.ca. One of the AMS group will be in touch with you as soon as we receive your contact information. We are confident that we can come into a resolution to your concern.

More about ADT Mississauga

Our story
For over 125 years, we’ve made protecting and connecting the centerpiece of what we do.

1874-1890:
First security system network
It all started on April 5, 1874, with a nighttime break-in. American District Telegraph (ADT) founder Edward Callahan created a telegraph-based “call box” to signal for assistance to a central office. He quickly connected 50 other homes in the neighbourhood, creating the first residential security system network.

1890-1920: R​​oundsmen
ADT introduced the first proactive security monitoring and response service, employing roundsmen to make rounds each night of customers’ homes to help prevent crime before it happened.

ADT’s first president
Robert C. Clowry was ADT’s first president. He was also a colonel in the US military. He worked his way up from messenger boy, eventually serving as president of both Western Union and ADT which he led for eight years.

1920-1940:
Central monitoring centres
ADT pioneered the concept of the central monitoring centre, enabling thousands of customers to link to 24/7/365 monitoring and protection.

1940-1989:
First burglar system
ADT started its first big expansion in the 1940s after pioneering the first automated burglar system. At the same time, ADT installed the first automated fire alarm system providing immediate response to fire.

1989-2010:
Secured by ADT
A new ADT security feature gained immediate customer approval: the iconic ADT yard sign which now dots thousands of yards across the country.

2014:
Reliance Protectron
In July 2014, ADT purchased Reliance Protectron Inc., at the time Canada’s second-largest security services provider with 400,000 customers from coast to coast.

2010-2017:
ADT Interactive Services
ADT elevated home intelligence when it launched Interactive Services, the app that lets customers remotely access and control their home security system, as well as lighting, climate control, video surveillance and much more..

Present:
Creating customers for life
Much has changed since our humble beginnings in 1874. One thing that hasn’t is our desire to constantly improve. So we combined forces with Protection 1 to further raise our standards for customer security and service.

In Canada, we’re headquartered in Montreal and Toronto. With our network of qualified professionals specializing in the installation, servicing and monitoring of security and smart home automation systems, we serve more than 800,000 residential, commercial and industrial subscribers across the country.

Home security Mississauga
ADT is trusted by homeowners everywhere since 1874. We provide home security systems in ‘Sauga’, the great suburb in the GTA.

Here are some benefits of choosing ADT Mississauga:

#1 Home Security Company in Canada
Monitoring Centres across Canada
24/7 Bilingual Service

Home security systems in your community
Our ADT Mississauga branch is ready to serve your every security need. You can give us a call at the times mentioned below to learn more about our home security and alarm systems, tailored just for you. We can even provide you with an insurance certificate, as you may be eligible* for discounts on your homeowner’s insurance. We offer Mississauga SMART Security services that help ensure the safety of your family and your Mississauga home.

The ADT Mississauga team is committed to your safety, and helping take care of the people and things you value most in your life. We offer professional home security installation and a variety of security and smart home products tailored to your specific needs. With our interactive services, safety never felt so easy!

Check us out here:

Alarm Systems and Home Automation
Our monitoring services protect you regardless of the danger. Intrusion monitoring A home intrusion not only means the theft of your belongings. Even if they are insured, nothing can replace their sentimental value. An intrusion also leaves a sense of violation. Our state-of-the-art monitoring centres keep an eye on your home 24/7 and are ready to respond when an alarm occurs. Nowadays, being at home is no longer a deterrent to theft. That’s why we are there for you at all times! The intrusion monitoring service is included in all our packages. Fire monitoring Help protect your family and home from fire and smoke! Even if you have smoke detectors, who will call the fire department when you are out? And since smoke is toxic, what will happen if you are there but sound asleep? Choose our fire monitoring service! Our monitoring centres can call the appropriate emergency services when you are away from home or are unable to answer. The fire monitoring service is included in all our packages. Emergency services Request assistance from emergency services directly using your keypad or optional wireless emergency button! Better yet, this service is FREE with the intrusion monitoring! Flooding monitoring Be notified of flood risks to help reduce or prevent damage caused by water! An appliance that stops working, a pipe that is frozen or punctured, or a damaged sump pump: you’re protected! Carbon monoxide monitoring Protect yourself and your loved ones against carbon monoxide. Odourless and colourless, this gas is impossible to detect. Our detectors help protect you by alerting you to the presence of this dangerous gas and immediately notifying our monitoring centres. Monitoring of extreme temperature fluctuations Being informed of abnormal temperature fluctuations can help prevent pipe damage caused by frost. This will help you prevent frozen pipes from bursting, which can often happen if your home’s central heating system breaks down.
​An outstanding network of monitoring stations We own and operate a nationwide network of three monitoring stations which are interconnected for complete redundancy. In the event of a major power outage or a natural catastrophe, all alarm signals are automatically forwarded to another station to ensure uninterrupted service. ADT monitoring centres map Five Diamond Certification: Our monitoring stations have earned the Five Diamond Certification from The Monitoring Association (TMA, formerly known as the Central Station Alarm Association), one of the most important governing bodies in the alarm industry. This means our central station operators, who are the first line of defense in emergency response, undergo regular professional training and maintain high performance levels in alarm response handling. Underwriter Laboratories Certification (ULC): We have monitoring stations which are ULC certified and comply to strict national standards regarding security system installation and alarm response handling.
We provide HomeOwners Insurance Certificate** See website for more details.
Theft Protection Guarantee** See website for more details