ADT Hamilton

45 Goderich Rd. Hamilton ON L8E 4W8

Reviews for ADT Hamilton

Private User reviews Port Colborne, ON

ADT Home Security System

I wish I had read the reviews for ADT Canada BEFORE I received their services. My home already had the ADT equipment installed. Everytime I have called in, they do not have my telephone number on file, and tell me that I am not a customer. I did not sign a contract, I would like to cancel, but they are extremely rude on the phone, and do not allow you to speak with whomever it is you need to talk to, to cancel your service. They send you to a collection agency, and even then it is difficult to determine if you are actually cancelled. I paid my bill but was very unhappy with the costs, and lack of customer service when you have an issue. I seem to have two different accounts, extra charges for services I did not agree to. The one time I put in the wrong key code by accident, I immediately called in my mistake, but it took so long to get through and then explain, that I was a CUSTOMER, because they do not have the correct phone number on file, the police came, and I had to pay for a false alarm. Extremely rude and unprofessional customer service agents, and if you need to speak to the accounting department, they won't even put you through to them. Then they keep charging and charging. It is difficult to determine what the cancellation fee is??? Is it paying your whole yearly fee, because you want to cancel. Every review is terrible.
I am getting letters from two different locations telling me my account which I would like to cancel is overdue. Yet I wanted to cancel from over a year ago.

Dear client I am sincerely sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations. In order to assist you further, I invite you to contact me directly at mcaron@adt.ca, it will be a pleasure for me to assist you.

Madeleine Caron
Executive Escalations Office Representative
ADT Canada Inc

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

Never go with them

I had all of the problems listed here by others, random screw ups, firefighters came while I was on vacation because it said someone hit the fire alarm button ... terrible service ... not cancelling the service when I moved, etc. To top it all of I experienced sexism when it was installed (in hindsight, that should have been the red flag to stop things before they started).

When the installer was explaining how to use the system he said, Now pay close attention as you ladies have a hard time with this."

I reported him, but never heard back about it.

Dear valued client, we are sorry to read that our services have not met your expectations. Please let the Customer Relations team look into this further. Can you please forward us the phone number associated with the security system and the best number to reach you to customer.support@adt.ca subject HOMESTARS and we will contact you. Thank you

yosie7
yosie7
4 reviews Hamilton, ON

Alarm monitoring

Took this system in August 2016... alarm and camera monitoring... within a short period from purchase and install nothing but problems with cameras not working... they sent somebody again to fix it this week and today the whole alarm system does not work... they say battery low but there was no shortage and after they send me to check the system... they think it is a bigger problem, so service call again! leaving my house unmonitored while I pay for it is not an emergency as they can only send someone tomorrow between noon and four... and me having to take another day off for them! Their staff on the phone are useless and rude! No customer relations and they really don't care that you are frustrated of paying for something that is supposed to protect your home but does not work! On top of it... the last service guy says if something goes wrong ask for me... I did... they give you grief and are upset that you do! What's the point... I am starting to hate this company and may have to look for another one... especially for the price they charge with no satisfaction or service!

Dear Yosie, we are sorry to read that our services have not met your expectations. Please let us look into this further. Can you send us an email to executive.escalations@adt.ca with the phone number associated with the security system and the best number to contact you? We will contact you shortly.

Mark from Hamilton
Mark from Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Alarm Install

Had them install an alarm system on my new house. Very happy with the whole process and the most cost efficient company out of numermous alarm companies I contacted. Good Job

Grayce in Brantford
Grayce in Brantford
1 review Brantford, ON

Home Security System (ADT)

Matt came out last month to do a site inspection and give us a quote. He was thorough, detailed, and really put my mind at ease. He spent about an hour and a half asking us questions and explaining their process. We signed up that night with a ten day out period to get a few other quotes. I saw 3 more local companies, My husband 2. They were all cheaper than ADT, but we went with ADT for their overwhelming benefits (lifetime warranty, history, and professionalism). Every other company was trying to lowball me into free system scams, Matt was honest and truly stands behind his service, he actually gives out his home phone # for emergencies. The system was installed in a timely fashion, and the training was quite thorough, and then Matt dropped in to test us and the kids on the system. A+ experience that was more than worth the very little extra.

Call Him and tell him Grayce in Brantford Referred you, (we both get a bonus i think)

Matt Hartt
ADT
519 770 7332 (he called me back within 20 minutes)
mhartt@adt.ca

Denise in Dundas
Denise in Dundas
1 review Dundas, ON

Security system & smoke detectors

We called ADT for a security system consult when we moved into our home in 2003. We liked their suggestions and decided to have both a security system and smoke detectors installed. When they were originally installed our dog's barking would set off the alarm. I called and they sent someone over the next day. A minor adjustment solved the problem. I find their telephone support excellent. I have never had a problem having one of their employees walk me through changing settings. The smoke detector batteries had to be changed and again they sent someone over promptly. The alarm has gone off a few times ( usually because someone forgot the cancellation code) and they have called immediately.

I feel secure in knowing that our system is being monitored 24/7.

Joel in Burlington
Joel in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Home security system

ADT installed a security system into our home with a wireless keypad by our front door for convenience. Service was friendly and helpful. We will be having ADT install a system in our new home that we intend to move to next month.

More about ADT Hamilton

Our story For over 125 years, we’ve made protecting and connecting the centerpiece of what we do. 1874-1890: First security system network It all started on April 5, 1874, with a nighttime break-in. American District Telegraph (ADT) founder Edward Callahan created a telegraph-based “call box” to signal for assistance to ...
Looking for Alarm Systems pros in Ancaster?