ADT Hamilton

45 Goderich Rd. Hamilton ON L8E 4W8

Reviews for ADT Hamilton

Private User reviews Port Colborne, ON

ADT Home Security System

I wish I had read the reviews for ADT Canada BEFORE I received their services. My home already had the ADT equipment installed. Everytime I have called in, they do not have my telephone number on file, and tell me that I am not a customer. I did not sign a contract, I would like to cancel, but they are extremely rude on the phone, and do not allow you to speak with whomever it is you need to talk to, to cancel your service. They send you to a collection agency, and even then it is difficult to determine if you are actually cancelled. I paid my bill but was very unhappy with the costs, and lack of customer service when you have an issue. I seem to have two different accounts, extra charges for services I did not agree to. The one time I put in the wrong key code by accident, I immediately called in my mistake, but it took so long to get through and then explain, that I was a CUSTOMER, because they do not have the correct phone number on file, the police came, and I had to pay for a false alarm. Extremely rude and unprofessional customer service agents, and if you need to speak to the accounting department, they won't even put you through to them. Then they keep charging and charging. It is difficult to determine what the cancellation fee is??? Is it paying your whole yearly fee, because you want to cancel. Every review is terrible.
I am getting letters from two different locations telling me my account which I would like to cancel is overdue. Yet I wanted to cancel from over a year ago.

Dear client I am sincerely sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations. In order to assist you further, I invite you to contact me directly at mcaron@adt.ca, it will be a pleasure for me to assist you.

Madeleine Caron
Executive Escalations Office Representative
ADT Canada Inc

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

Never go with them

I had all of the problems listed here by others, random screw ups, firefighters came while I was on vacation because it said someone hit the fire alarm button ... terrible service ... not cancelling the service when I moved, etc. To top it all of I experienced sexism when it was installed (in hindsight, that should have been the red flag to stop things before they started).

When the installer was explaining how to use the system he said, Now pay close attention as you ladies have a hard time with this."

I reported him, but never heard back about it.

Dear valued client, we are sorry to read that our services have not met your expectations. Please let the Customer Relations team look into this further. Can you please forward us the phone number associated with the security system and the best number to reach you to customer.support@adt.ca subject HOMESTARS and we will contact you. Thank you

yosie7
yosie7
4 reviews Hamilton, ON

Alarm monitoring

Took this system in August 2016... alarm and camera monitoring... within a short period from purchase and install nothing but problems with cameras not working... they sent somebody again to fix it this week and today the whole alarm system does not work... they say battery low but there was no shortage and after they send me to check the system... they think it is a bigger problem, so service call again! leaving my house unmonitored while I pay for it is not an emergency as they can only send someone tomorrow between noon and four... and me having to take another day off for them! Their staff on the phone are useless and rude! No customer relations and they really don't care that you are frustrated of paying for something that is supposed to protect your home but does not work! On top of it... the last service guy says if something goes wrong ask for me... I did... they give you grief and are upset that you do! What's the point... I am starting to hate this company and may have to look for another one... especially for the price they charge with no satisfaction or service!

Dear Yosie, we are sorry to read that our services have not met your expectations. Please let us look into this further. Can you send us an email to executive.escalations@adt.ca with the phone number associated with the security system and the best number to contact you? We will contact you shortly.

Mark from Hamilton
Mark from Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Alarm Install

Had them install an alarm system on my new house. Very happy with the whole process and the most cost efficient company out of numermous alarm companies I contacted. Good Job

Grayce in Brantford
Grayce in Brantford
1 review Brantford, ON

Home Security System (ADT)

Matt came out last month to do a site inspection and give us a quote. He was thorough, detailed, and really put my mind at ease. He spent about an hour and a half asking us questions and explaining their process. We signed up that night with a ten day out period to get a few other quotes. I saw 3 more local companies, My husband 2. They were all cheaper than ADT, but we went with ADT for their overwhelming benefits (lifetime warranty, history, and professionalism). Every other company was trying to lowball me into free system scams, Matt was honest and truly stands behind his service, he actually gives out his home phone # for emergencies. The system was installed in a timely fashion, and the training was quite thorough, and then Matt dropped in to test us and the kids on the system. A+ experience that was more than worth the very little extra.

Call Him and tell him Grayce in Brantford Referred you, (we both get a bonus i think)

Matt Hartt
ADT
519 770 7332 (he called me back within 20 minutes)
mhartt@adt.ca

Denise in Dundas
Denise in Dundas
1 review Dundas, ON

Security system & smoke detectors

We called ADT for a security system consult when we moved into our home in 2003. We liked their suggestions and decided to have both a security system and smoke detectors installed. When they were originally installed our dog's barking would set off the alarm. I called and they sent someone over the next day. A minor adjustment solved the problem. I find their telephone support excellent. I have never had a problem having one of their employees walk me through changing settings. The smoke detector batteries had to be changed and again they sent someone over promptly. The alarm has gone off a few times ( usually because someone forgot the cancellation code) and they have called immediately.

I feel secure in knowing that our system is being monitored 24/7.

Joel in Burlington
Joel in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Home security system

ADT installed a security system into our home with a wireless keypad by our front door for convenience. Service was friendly and helpful. We will be having ADT install a system in our new home that we intend to move to next month.

More about ADT Hamilton

Our story
For over 125 years, we’ve made protecting and connecting the centerpiece of what we do.

1874-1890:
First security system network
It all started on April 5, 1874, with a nighttime break-in. American District Telegraph (ADT) founder Edward Callahan created a telegraph-based “call box” to signal for assistance to a central office. He quickly connected 50 other homes in the neighbourhood, creating the first residential security system network.

1890-1920: R​​oundsmen
ADT introduced the first proactive security monitoring and response service, employing roundsmen to make rounds each night of customers’ homes to help prevent crime before it happened.

ADT’s first president
Robert C. Clowry was ADT’s first president. He was also a colonel in the US military. He worked his way up from messenger boy, eventually serving as president of both Western Union and ADT which he led for eight years.

1920-1940:
Central monitoring centres
ADT pioneered the concept of the central monitoring centre, enabling thousands of customers to link to 24/7/365 monitoring and protection.

1940-1989:
First burglar system
ADT started its first big expansion in the 1940s after pioneering the first automated burglar system. At the same time, ADT installed the first automated fire alarm system providing immediate response to fire.

1989-2010:
Secured by ADT
A new ADT security feature gained immediate customer approval: the iconic ADT yard sign which now dots thousands of yards across the country.

2014:
Reliance Protectron
In July 2014, ADT purchased Reliance Protectron Inc., at the time Canada’s second-largest security services provider with 400,000 customers from coast to coast.

2010-2017:
ADT Interactive Services
ADT elevated home intelligence when it launched Interactive Services, the app that lets customers remotely access and control their home security system, as well as lighting, climate control, video surveillance and much more..

Present:
Creating customers for life
Much has changed since our humble beginnings in 1874. One thing that hasn’t is our desire to constantly improve. So we combined forces with Protection 1 to further raise our standards for customer security and service.

In Canada, we’re headquartered in Montreal and Toronto. With our network of qualified professionals specializing in the installation, servicing and monitoring of security and smart home automation systems, we serve more than 800,000 residential, commercial and industrial subscribers across the country.

Home security Hamilton
Trusted by homeowners everywhere since 1874, ADT provides home security and surveillance systems in Hamilton, the Electric City in Ontario.

Here are some benefits of choosing ADT Hamilton:

#1 Home Security Company in Canada
Monitoring Centres across Canada
24/7 Bilingual Service

Offering home security and surveillance systems in your community
Our ADT Hamilton branch is ready to serve your every security need. You can give us a call at the times mentioned below to learn more about our home security and surveillance systems, tailored just for you. Thanks to advancements in technology, home surveillance systems are now more affordable and accessible than ever due to the reduced size and cost of home security cameras.

The ADT Hamilton team is committed to your safety, and helping take care of the people and things you value most in your life. We offer professional installation and a variety of home security, surveillance and smart home products and systems made just for you.

Check us out here:

Alarm Systems and Home Automation
Our monitoring services protect you regardless of the danger. Intrusion monitoring A home intrusion not only means the theft of your belongings. Even if they are insured, nothing can replace their sentimental value. An intrusion also leaves a sense of violation. Our state-of-the-art monitoring centres keep an eye on your home 24/7 and are ready to respond when an alarm occurs. Nowadays, being at home is no longer a deterrent to theft. That’s why we are there for you at all times! The intrusion monitoring service is included in all our packages. Fire monitoring Help protect your family and home from fire and smoke! Even if you have smoke detectors, who will call the fire department when you are out? And since smoke is toxic, what will happen if you are there but sound asleep? Choose our fire monitoring service! Our monitoring centres can call the appropriate emergency services when you are away from home or are unable to answer. The fire monitoring service is included in all our packages. Emergency services Request assistance from emergency services directly using your keypad or optional wireless emergency button! Better yet, this service is FREE with the intrusion monitoring! Flooding monitoring Be notified of flood risks to help reduce or prevent damage caused by water! An appliance that stops working, a pipe that is frozen or punctured, or a damaged sump pump: you’re protected! Carbon monoxide monitoring Protect yourself and your loved ones against carbon monoxide. Odourless and colourless, this gas is impossible to detect. Our detectors help protect you by alerting you to the presence of this dangerous gas and immediately notifying our monitoring centres. Monitoring of extreme temperature fluctuations Being informed of abnormal temperature fluctuations can help prevent pipe damage caused by frost. This will help you prevent frozen pipes from bursting, which can often happen if your home’s central heating system breaks down.
​An outstanding network of monitoring stations We own and operate a nationwide network of three monitoring stations which are interconnected for complete redundancy. In the event of a major power outage or a natural catastrophe, all alarm signals are automatically forwarded to another station to ensure uninterrupted service. ADT monitoring centres map Five Diamond Certification: Our monitoring stations have earned the Five Diamond Certification from The Monitoring Association (TMA, formerly known as the Central Station Alarm Association), one of the most important governing bodies in the alarm industry. This means our central station operators, who are the first line of defense in emergency response, undergo regular professional training and maintain high performance levels in alarm response handling. Underwriter Laboratories Certification (ULC): We have monitoring stations which are ULC certified and comply to strict national standards regarding security system installation and alarm response handling.
We provide HomeOwners Insurance Certificate** See website for more details.
Theft Protection Guarantee** See website for more details