ADT Ottawa

Alarm Systems
1600 Laperriere Ave. Ottawa ON K1Z 8P5

Reviews for ADT Ottawa

ADT

I requested for services which was not installed instead what was installed was different from my expectation. I have tried calling the Ottawa office with no one to speak to I later called main office to cancel the installation, after 2hours on phone I was told that I have to pay 1200 dollars to cancel the service it is less than 30 days and the system is not functioning as expected. I feel I have been trapped after reading all the review

Chris in Kingston
Chris in Kingston
1 review Kingston, ON

Contract fine print not disclosed by their door to door agent AND COULDN’T CARE LESS

I was sold the contract. I was mislead and told that if I was to move, that is was not a problem, they will just move my service to my new address. However, what I was not told is that the 3 year contract renews upon a move. I had a few months left on my I initial 3 year contract. Sold my house and after a few months of being at my place, I wasn’t using the system due to pets activating the darn alarm constantly (which was supposed to be a non issue) I did not require ADT services any longer and asked not not renew my contract. That’s then I was told I had to pay short of 3 yrs few buy out due to my contract renewal upon moving. No manager was able to assist me even though I was sold a service under false pretense. After many calls and arguments, I paid 3 yrs of ADT service only to use door motion, no alarm activation service. BRUTAL.

Good afternoon Chris, I am sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations. In order to assist further with your concern cold you please contat me at mcaron@adt.ca I am sure we can come into a common ground & resolution.

Madeleine Caron
Executive Escalations Office representative
ADT Canada Inc

Future Skin Tattoo Ottawa

I've been over 20 years with Adt security best service very secure. Thanks for 5 stars customer service I will recommend strongly and will continue to be with them forever.

We are in the receipt of your review and we thank you. We at ADT take pride of our customer's satefy & satisfaction.

Cordially,

Madeleine Caron, ADT Canada Executive Escalations Office. mcaron@adt.ca

REG in Ottawa
REG in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

BEING CHARGED FOR NO EQUIPMENT/NO SERVICE

HELP! Some 2.5 years ago when Carleton Security (Ottawa) was selling its monitoring accounts to a Calgary company, I decided to cancel service, so Carleton staff removed the equipment. So, there has been no service for going on 3 years. In spite of that, ADT which appears to have acquired the accounts continues to insist on payment. We have many times tried to explain that I have not had the equipment so there is no service. ADT recently sent what they consider arrears to a collection agency which is pressing for payment and affecting my credit rating. ADT has been impossible to reason with, insisting that they have provided service years after it was disconnected. I'm 89 years old and do not merit this pig-headed predatory approach. I live in the same building as other family members and am still independent. How can I get ADT off my back and my credit rating restored? Mrs. RM, Ottawa

ADT Alarm System

Worst company ever. They make Rogers and Bell look good. I have been a customer for 11 years and tried to put the contract on hold for a couple of months but they wouldn't. So I said to cancel and I would start back up when my guests were all gone. They wouldn't do it. Never responded. You can't email them. Then they finally said they would cancel but I owed another month. I don't even have a contract with them anymore -- it has been month to month for 8 years or more. Terrible service and not an honest company. There are many better and much cheaper. Shop around.

Hi, we are sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations with the result that you cancelled your services. I invite you to send me your accout information (address of the location so I can review your account and assist you. mcaron@adtca. (Madeleine Caron, Executive Escalations Team reresentative)

Worst experience

I was away from the country when i got a phone call that my alarm went off!! I told them to cancel it and that it was a false alarm and she said she would do that!! After 4 hours i get another call saying my alarm went off and she didn’t know anything about the previous phone call that I already got!! They left my alarm going on for 4 hours even though i told them not to!! Until the police showed up!
I had to pay the police 150 dollars for their mistake!!
And of course when you call they dont have anyone to solve problems by phone and they asked me to send an email instead!!
Of course that was never resolved!!
To top everything off!! Apparently i missed 2 payments which i had no idea about!! And Instead of calling me to notify me first or email me they sent it to collections!!
Worst experience!! I don’t recommend them to anyone!!

Good morning we are sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations. In order to help you resolve the issue can cou contact me at mcaron@adt.ca so I can assist you futher. Madeleine Caron, Executive Escalations at ADT Canada Inc.

Stay away from ADT Canada

I have been their customer for a long time and never realized that I paid way over what the competitors are charging. I finally decided to change provider. When I called a few weeks ago to inquire about cancelling the service, their retention department said that my billing cycle ends at the end of the month and to just call back before the end of the month to cancel. So I called back before the end of the month and the rep says that there is a 30-day waiting period to cancel. Funny how the first time I called, the rep never said anything about a 30 day waiting period...I would have cancelled the service then had I known. I would stay away from these guys and look at other alarm companies before you sign up with them.

Hello, we are sorry to read that our services have not met your expectations. Please let us look into this further. Can you send us an email to executive.escalations@adt.ca with the phone number associated with the security system and the best number to contact you? We will contact you shortly.

tcb122 from Barnet
tcb122 from Barnet
1 review Ottawa, ON

Smoke alarm defective

Been with ADT for 5 years had no problems. My smoke alarm is defective and being monitored by ADT. They can't send someone out for 5 days to fix it and leaving me unprotected. Tried to call head office and promised a returned call, but no one did. Had to go out and buy a smoke detector so my family can be safe. Unprofessional and switching to another company who only charges $25 a month and has 2 way monitoring. Pass this along to anyone thinking of getting ADT.

More about ADT Ottawa

Our story
For over 125 years, we’ve made protecting and connecting the centerpiece of what we do.

1874-1890:
First security system network
It all started on April 5, 1874, with a nighttime break-in. American District Telegraph (ADT) founder Edward Callahan created a telegraph-based “call box” to signal for assistance to a central office. He quickly connected 50 other homes in the neighbourhood, creating the first residential security system network.

1890-1920: Roundsmen
ADT introduced the first proactive security monitoring and response service, employing roundsmen to make rounds each night of customers’ homes to help prevent crime before it happened.

ADT’s first president
Robert C. Clowry was ADT’s first president. He was also a colonel in the US military. He worked his way up from messenger boy, eventually serving as president of both Western Union and ADT which he led for eight years.

1920-1940:
Central monitoring centres
ADT pioneered the concept of the central monitoring centre, enabling thousands of customers to link to 24/7/365 monitoring and protection.

1940-1989:
First burglar system
ADT started its first big expansion in the 1940s after pioneering the first automated burglar system. At the same time, ADT installed the first automated fire alarm system providing immediate response to fire.

1989-2010:
Secured by ADT
A new ADT security feature gained immediate customer approval: the iconic ADT yard sign which now dots thousands of yards across the country.

2014:
Reliance Protectron
In July 2014, ADT purchased Reliance Protectron Inc., at the time Canada’s second-largest security services provider with 400,000 customers from coast to coast.

2010-2017:
ADT Interactive Services
ADT elevated home intelligence when it launched Interactive Services, the app that lets customers remotely access and control their home security system, as well as lighting, climate control, video surveillance and much more..

Present:
Creating customers for life
Much has changed since our humble beginnings in 1874. One thing that hasn’t is our desire to constantly improve. So we combined forces with Protection 1 to further raise our standards for customer security and service.

In Canada, we’re headquartered in Montreal and Toronto. With our network of qualified professionals specializing in the installation, servicing and monitoring of security and smart home automation systems, we serve more than 800,000 residential, commercial and industrial subscribers across the country.

Home security Ottawa
ADT is trusted by homeowners everywhere since 1874. We provide home security systems in Ottawa, Canada’s capital city.

Here are some benefits of selecting ADT Ottawa:

#1 Home Security Company in Canada
Monitoring Centres across Canada
24/7 Bilingual Service

We’re in your community
Our ADT Ottawa branch is ready to serve all of your security needs. You can call us at the times mentioned below to learn more about our home security and alarm systems. The ADT Ottawa team is committed to your safety, and helping take care of the people and things you value most in your life. We offer professional home security installation and a variety of security and smart home products and solutions tailored to your specific needs.

We can even provide you with a security system certificate, as you may be eligible* for discounts on your homeowner’s insurance.

Check us out here:

Alarm Systems and Home Automation
Our monitoring services protect you regardless of the danger. Intrusion monitoring A home intrusion not only means the theft of your belongings. Even if they are insured, nothing can replace their sentimental value. An intrusion also leaves a sense of violation. Our state-of-the-art monitoring centres keep an eye on your home 24/7 and are ready to respond when an alarm occurs. Nowadays, being at home is no longer a deterrent to theft. That’s why we are there for you at all times! The intrusion monitoring service is included in all our packages. Fire monitoring Help protect your family and home from fire and smoke! Even if you have smoke detectors, who will call the fire department when you are out? And since smoke is toxic, what will happen if you are there but sound asleep? Choose our fire monitoring service! Our monitoring centres can call the appropriate emergency services when you are away from home or are unable to answer. The fire monitoring service is included in all our packages. Emergency services Request assistance from emergency services directly using your keypad or optional wireless emergency button! Better yet, this service is FREE with the intrusion monitoring! Flooding monitoring Be notified of flood risks to help reduce or prevent damage caused by water! An appliance that stops working, a pipe that is frozen or punctured, or a damaged sump pump: you’re protected! Carbon monoxide monitoring Protect yourself and your loved ones against carbon monoxide. Odourless and colourless, this gas is impossible to detect. Our detectors help protect you by alerting you to the presence of this dangerous gas and immediately notifying our monitoring centres. Monitoring of extreme temperature fluctuations Being informed of abnormal temperature fluctuations can help prevent pipe damage caused by frost. This will help you prevent frozen pipes from bursting, which can often happen if your home’s central heating system breaks down.
An outstanding network of monitoring stations We own and operate a nationwide network of three monitoring stations which are interconnected for complete redundancy. In the event of a major power outage or a natural catastrophe, all alarm signals are automatically forwarded to another station to ensure uninterrupted service. ADT monitoring centres map Five Diamond Certification: Our monitoring stations have earned the Five Diamond Certification from The Monitoring Association (TMA, formerly known as the Central Station Alarm Association), one of the most important governing bodies in the alarm industry. This means our central station operators, who are the first line of defense in emergency response, undergo regular professional training and maintain high performance levels in alarm response handling. Underwriter Laboratories Certification (ULC): We have monitoring stations which are ULC certified and comply to strict national standards regarding security system installation and alarm response handling
We provide HomeOwners Insurance Certificate** See website for more details.
Theft Protection Guarantee** See website for more details