ADT Burnaby

Francis in Vancouver
Francis in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Horrible Customer Service

Have been with ADT for 13 years. I have decided to switch due to their bad service. A wireless sensor was out of battery two years ago. Despite my repeated calling and request for a battery, nothing has been done to fix the problem. Last night, the carbon monoxide detector started to beep intermittently (usual sign of maintenance issue). I called ADT service line and was instructed to remove the panel cover and the batteries to stop the beeping. Once I removed the panel, I found that the detector was hard-wired and there were no batteries. Touching any metal part inside could have electrocuted me. There was an expiration date of the detector written behind the panel cover (to be replaced by Oct 2019). Again, I questioned the agent why ADT didn't replace it last year. To my surprise, she said that it is the customer's responsibility to notify ADT when to replace the CO detector. I have never heard of something like this before. A customer has to tell a security alarm company when to replace a piece of equipment. If the expiry date of the equipment is concealed behind the panel cover, are we supposed to unscrew every piece of equipment once a year to check the expiration date? It is a joke. Time to switch to another more responsible corporate citizen.

Private User reviews North Saanich, BC

Billing

ADT is double billing me every month since transfer to Telus and is refusing to correct it...will not answer my emails ...called once but still did not correct ...problem because I am auto payment

Private User reviews Surrey, BC

I would almost prefer a breakin

My old alarm system was just replaced by an ADT technician. Two of the new sensors failed on installation. My phone line was left disconnected. It took several tries to contact ANYONE at ADT service office. Old system was only partly removed and the rest was left behind (control box, siren, control panel and wires). A waste of time and money.

Anne from Burnaby
Anne from Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

Don't Use ADT!

I signed up with ADT when I move into my new home in April, 2016. The installer arrived to install the cameras and motion sensors along with the appropriate alarms for doors and windows. He had issues with understanding how best to set up the cameras and installed them in a way which meant that my back door was not visible. My basement suite door and window were also not visible. My garage door was not alarmed. The ADT installer claimed that this was the best solution that was
available. I had a few equipment issues. However, ADT changed their acct numbers midway through my contract. I had no communication with them regarding the change. I continued to pay through my online banking app. While ADT was receiving the payments, they were not crediting my acct. So, I was getting late notices coming in. Despite numerous calls and no response to the issue, I continued to spend hours of my time to get the issue resolved. It took over a year!!!! Finally, I cancelled my monitoring with ADT when my garage was broken into. I lost a few thousand $ with of items. I called in a local security company, . They showed me two camera wires that were hanging visibly from my deck ceiling that the ADT tech completely missed. I can only assume that he was not knowledgeable enough to understand what a camera wire looked like. Now, I have all of my entrances on camera surveillance and live video as well. (unlike ADT). The other was also able to easily alarm my garage (which should have been done from day 1). NOW, I'M ALSO PAYING A MONTHLY MONITORING CHARGE THAT IS HALF OF WHAT ADT CHARGED ME. The biggest thing for me is that I finally feel safe and secure. I never had that feeling with ADT!

Anne J in Vancouver
Anne J in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Has ADT illegally withdrawn funds out of your bank account?

Looking to hear from people who have been successful, or unsuccessful in their attempts to secure reimbursement from ADT for funds illegally withdrawn from their bank accounts. Many review sites have contributions stating that even once refunds are promised, the remuneration never materializes. Please record your story of ADT overcharging, continuing to withdraw fees after account cancellation, and problems with not being able to cancel service in general. Please take the time to record your experiences here, so that we may help each other identify if there is a pattern of fraud.

Good day Ann J, we are sorry to read that you are experiencing some issue with a billing situation. Since we cannot retrieve your account to assist you further in resolving your concern, we invite you to provide us with your account number or the address where the service is provided with a short explantion of the situation to cutomer.support@adt.ca, your concerrn will be escalated to our Executive Escalations Office.

Upset  in Surrey
Upset in Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

Put on collection for a verbal 3 more years contract

This company is deceptive and tricky. Tricked us into paying for a verbal 3 year contract with no signature. No consideration for a customer who has been with them for over 10 years. We informed them that we were going to move in 3 months and were not going to sign onto another contract. They (Tanya) bullied us (by phone) onto a reduced monthly rate which we did not agree or sign. We informed them we were moving. Long story short, we mistakenly paid for a portion ($500 by credit card) of our verbal agreement back in March, 2018 -- We got confirm no. and agreed to end this matter. They verbally agreed but we stipulated we wanted a written form saying this was the end. We did not receive that. Now they have sent our name to a collection agency saying we owe them for the remaining amount on our NON SIGNATURE Contract. DO NOT TRUST ADT. They are trickers and underhanded. We will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and hiring a lawyer.

Good morning, I am sorry to read that we were not able to come into resolution in regards of your recent move. In order to asssist you further could you please contact me directly at mcaron@adt.ca I will be your point of contact until resolution.

Gunner604 in Coquitlam
Gunner604 in Coquitlam
1 review Coquitlam, BC

Home monitoring

Signed into a 2 year contract Friday July 19th with an install date of July 27th. on the 26th I get a call from Adt that I missed due to being at work and on another call, called the number back and was told it was probably just the tech saying he was on his way a day early but they had no records of the call (should of been my first red flag). no one shows up so ok the 27th comes and the tech shows up 45 mins early (great you would think) he “installs “ 5 magnet sensors one motion sensor and plugs in my pad then leaves, saying because my door bell didn’t “ding” he couldn’t install the doorbell monitor. forgotthe “z plug” thingy and didn’t install the flood sensor , all of which was signed into on the original contract 2 hours after he leaves the door sensor is falling off already. No further date to come bring what was not installed. Ive had enough at this point and have been trying to cancel for two days now and I have been given the wrong number 3 times to some unknown women iv been hung up on and just ignored.

Good morning, I am sorry to read that we were not able to assist you in regards of the equipment you are experiencing since July. In order to assist further could you please contact me at mcaron@adt.ca? From Madeleine Caron Executive escalations at ADT Canada Inc.

Private User reviews Surrey, BC

If I could give a netagive rating I will

Our family’s alarm system started with Protectron since 2014, then it changed to ADT. As my business uses ADT and did not have problems, I felt it’s okay about the change.
In the past we had accidentally hit the wrong button but cancelled it with code on the keypad without any problem (the patch was close to the door). Protectron did call to verify, sometimes a couple times if we missed the first call.
Since Protectron passed to ADT, we had a couple times hit the wrong button to set off the alarm then cancelled it by put in the code right away then nothing happened, and never received any calls from ADT. We were actually thinking of calling ADT to find out if we were still in service or not, as our 3 years contract was up a year ago (we do notice the payment was taken each month).
Today I accidentally hit the fire alarm button and cancelled it right away within 3 second. As we did not receive a call before, I did not expect any call and did not check my phone. 15 minutes later, we had a group of firefighters at the door because of the alarm! After sending them off, I found a missed call on my cell and a voice message telling me she was calling about the fire alarm and asked me to call IF I HAVE ANY QUESTION. I do not have any question, I cancelled the alarm right away as what I did in the past.
I called customer service and was told it was the ADT’s procedure, and she ‘did not see why we don’t call the fire department’. I asked then what’s the point of key in the code to cancel the alarm right away? She answered: “That’s our safety procedure.” I know there’s no point to argue with her so I asked for cancelling the service. My call was transferred to another lady who told me right away our service will be cancelled in 30 days. My husband was beside me and he asked why in the past we did not receive any phone calls when similar things happened. The customer service representative just said our last contract day is April 21st and then HANG UP. It’s our first time we got hang up when calling customer service.
We are now expecting a false alarm fine from the city, but feel it's good to leave ADT.

Dear valued customer, we are sorry to read that our services have not met your expectations. Please let the Customer Relations team look into this further. Can you please forward us the phone number associated with the security system and the best number to reach you to customer.support@adt.ca subject HOMESTARS and we will contact you. Thank you

Private User reviews Coquitlam, BC

Home monitoring

I regret every interaction I've had with the company. During the sales process, I was promised a discount by the salesperson, never received it. After installation, a sensor just fell off the wall. Was told by customer support and the tech that I would not be charged. Ended up being charged anyway. These are people who will tell you one thing to your face, turn around and then do the opposite.

Private User reviews Abbotsford, BC

service

We ended up with ADT after they took over from our original company, and we had them for several years not actually needing the service, thank goodness. About a week after my husband passed away the alarm triggered in the middle of the night. Not knowing what was wrong I pushed the police panic button. It took 20 minutes before I ever got a call from the police and another 10 for them to arrive. Once the alarm was cancelled I assume by ADT I found a message from them on my answering machine to call if I had a concern. UH Ya I had a concern the alarm was screaming in the middle of the night, and I am alone!!! There were 2 areas that were triggered by the alarm, however there was no evidence of a breakin. I called ADT to arrange for someone to come out to see what had triggered the alarm. The repair man spent a great deal of time trying to find out the cause. It wasn't until he was closing up the alarm panel that he discovered broken wires. He said anything causing a vibration would have set the alarm off. If there had been someone in the house I would or could have been dead or seriously injured by the time I got a response from ADT. I am moving in a month so for sure will NOT be getting ADT again!!!!

Dear valued client, we are sorry to read that our services have not met your expectations. Please let the Customer Relations team look into this further. Can you please forward us the phone number associated with the security system and the best number to reach you to customer.support@adt.ca subject HOMESTARS and we will contact you. Thank you

More about ADT Burnaby

Our story For over 125 years, we’ve made protecting and connecting the centerpiece of what we do. 1874-1890: First security system network It all started on April 5, 1874, with a nighttime break-in. American District Telegraph (ADT) founder Edward Callahan created a telegraph-based “call box” to signal for assistance to ...
Looking for Alarm Systems pros in Burnaby?