MCD Contracting

Review for MCD Contracting

Lori from Ottawa
Lori from Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Interlock stones - worse than before

Before MCD Contracting came to "fix" my interlock - which was preventive as there was no pooling water prior to their arrival - I had some uneven stones and wanted to get ahead of any future problems. After paying $2200, I now have water pooling in several places and more uneven stones than I had before. I have called and written several emails, only to be told the problems must have been with the sub-soil, or the way it was graded before. These stones would have been laid anywhere from 10 to 25 years ago. What does that even mean??? When you quote a job I think people expect you to be able to actually do the job, and if you can't - because of pre-existing conditions, or whatever the reason - then you should say so, instead of wasting my money. Why would anybody pay hard earned money to end up with interlock that is in worse shape than it was before??? This company has terrible customer service after completion (my neighbour looked over my fence 5 minutes after I paid for the job and said "I hope you didn't pay for that, you're going to have problems with water pooling right there" - pointing exactly where I now have water pooling) and a guy who does the job quotes who cares more about soaking you for money than about being honest about how and if the job can actually be done. The cigarette butts and used tissue on the lawn were an added bonus. And leaving me to move my own picnic table and bbq back was another perk. As a woman I am always concerned about a being taken advantage of by men who come to do work in the house or the yard. I would not recommend this company to anyone.