Ochil Renovations

Ottawa ON K4A 3Y8

Reviews for Ochil Renovations

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Great work

These guys are excellent - punctual, careful, honest, detail-oriented. They did exceptional job paiting my house and renovating the bathroom. They provided expert advice all along the way, took extra care of furniture and carpets in the process, and were super patient and accomodating. Highly recommended!

Thank you kindly for the positive review

neilcru
neilcru
1 review Ottawa, ON

full renovation including painting, floors, kitchen counter and various repairs

I needed a contractor to renovate my house prior to renting it. The main work was replacing the carpet with vinyl plank, painting the walls, and redoing the kitchen sink, counter and backsplash. There were also a number of other repairs needed. Ochil were high quality, fast and professional. I appreciate very much that they kept both on time and on budget with their original estimate. If I ever need house renovations of any sort I would go to them first, and I happily recommend them.

Thank you for the complimentary review

kareyn.zelikovitz
kareyn.zelikovitz
1 review Ottawa, ON

Installation of a bulk head and new closet doors, paint of our entire main level, including upper hallway. small repairs in our basement, vent work, installed quarter rounds

Ochil Renovations was available to do a handful of repairs and upgrades prior to listing our house for sale. The work was high quality and the painting was outstanding. There was no bleeding at any edges or splatter. Walls that needed serious repair and muddying, looked like brand new and they made them so smooth. Not only was the work high end, it was completed in less than 3 days and we were able to meet our listing timelines. There was no hesitation when it came to timing for completing the work, no delays or interferences of getting the work done. Murray, the owner, is friendly, honest and very professional. He provided us with honest advice when it came to the upgrades we wanted to explore before listing. The crew also cleaned up so well after the job was done and went above and beyond to this effect. They were also able to complete additional requests on the fly that were 'after the fact' of establishing our initial list and completed it so fast and so well done! We will definitely be calling on Ochil Renovations again and highly refer them for your work needed.

Thank you kindly for the positive review it's much appreciated

Ramona
Ramona
1 review Ottawa, ON

Drywall Services | Walls, Ceilings, Taping, Mudding, Sanding, Strapping, Patchwork

Following an unexpected asbestos abatement, we were left with walls that requires soundproofing and no ceilings whatsoever. We were also crunched for time; and I was in my first role as homeowner/general contractor. It was a perfect storm for chaos. But, Murray and Eric showed up, set a plan in place; then professionally and meticulously went about bringing the house to a livable state again. While keeping us on schedule. True tradesmen and gentlemen. They belong in that small percentage of service providers that homeowners pray they sign on to do the work. Although they did the drywall work in our home, I leaned on them for I sight and guidance on many details of the project. Their skill set goes beyond drywall. I wish I had met them before the project started as there were many areas they could have helped with in the scope of work. Let them be your first call!

Thank very much for the kind and positive review. Look forward to working with you in the future

Lorayne
Lorayne
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Door replacement

This February I had them remove an old, extremely drafty, wooden exterior door and replace it with a new metal door I’d purchased. They arrived on time, the work was started promptly and finished within the day. When I impetuously asked if they could also install new smart locks on two other doors in the house they were happy to do it. The bill came in within the estimate quoted to me and the additional charge from the locks being $20 each. Excellent workmanship and professional attitude!

Thank you very much for your positive review. Much appreciated.

mdro
mdro
1 review Leesburg, VA

Finished Basement

Ochil Renovations did an grest job finishing the basement. The quality of work was excellent and the finishing touches really made the basement distinct.

Murray finished the job with the estimated timeframe and was committed to our project throughout all construction phases.

Murray was very easy to deal with and made suggestions which very mug assisted in the design process.

We would highly recommend Ochil Renovations for any renovation needs.

Thank you very much for your positive feedback

Susan
Susan
1 review Ottawa, ON

Kitchen renovation and ceiling refinishing in a hall and entry way plus changes to the hall closet.

I was very satisfied with the quality of the work performed. I was given an initial estimate of the amount of time it would take to complete the work and warned about possible areas of delay (notably the wait for the countertop which could only be cut and fitted after the kitchen renovation had reached a certain point). Ochil Renovations delivered on schedule. They were polite, as tidy as is possible given the unavoidable mess of a renovation, and did not surprise me with unexpected expenses. I would recommend them without reservation.

Scott
Scott

Bedroom Renovation

Murray and Eric came to our home to replace all of our bedroom baseboard, window trim and door trim (18'x12', 4 doors, big window) and to re-paint the whole room plus trim. They picked up all the material that morning, covered all of our belongings and were very clean and polite. They began the work at 8am and were done the same day. Their workmanship and professionalism is something you don't see everyday.

Thank you for your kind review look forward to any other projects you may have

More about Ochil Renovations

I’m originally from Scotland where I served a full Carpenter apprenticeship and have 20 years experience in the trade. I have been in Ottawa since 2011 where I have been working in home renovation. To begin with it was mainly kitchen an bathroom renovations but since starting my own company we are able to take on all home renovation projects.