Orkin Canada Pest Control Mississauga

Reviews for Orkin Canada Pest Control Mississauga

Glenn in Whitby
Glenn in Whitby

Carpenter Ant problems

Called Orkin Canada for Carpenter Ants. Technician came who does not provide you answers to your questions. Seemed like he just wanted to spray and get out. Asked if the ants would come back or move their colony somewhere in the house and all he said was no they just going to die. Asked him what is he spraying and he said chemical. I mean what kind of answers were that. Anyway after he sprayed few days later ants came back. Orkin has a guarantee if ants came back they will respray. Called Orkin Canada on a Friday told me they will call me Monday and said respray will depend on the technician if its needed. How is that a guarantee?. Didnt call me Monday so I called Tuesday. Told me they will call me the following week to set up and they never called back. Do not call Orkin it is a waste of money they guarantee nothing. They will tell you they will call back but never do. I attached of the image few days after they spray. Had to ripped the dry wall open to see the damage

Elwin from Vaughan
Elwin from Vaughan

Home Protection Plan

As of Mar. 2019, I have been a client of Orkin Canada's Mississauga branch location for about 2-years. I signed up for the HPP [I believe it stands for Home Protection Program], which includes 4 visits per year for check-ups. My HPP specifically targets mice & wasps, which are a problem for my property. The HPP includes unlimited "emergency" visits but dead mice on the property are not considered an "emergency" so I had to deal with that on my own. That was disappointing that I had to deal with that on my own since I have a dog and toddler so I didn't want to have dead mice on the property and would have preferred Orkin deal with the dead mice bodies given possible diseases/bacteria, etc.

In addition, bird nests are also not included in the HPP. I had birds make a nest at my front porch's light (see picture attached, which hopefully posts properly once this review is approved by Homestars as the thumbnail seems to have rotated the picture). When I called Orkin, they said it wasn't included in my HPP and that it would be an incremental charge. I did not get Orkin to come in for the bird's nest removal as I wasn't willing to pay more for that service, over and above my HPP cost.

Overall, I think the value of the service is good and would recommend the Company.

The customer service by the service technicians sometimes feels a bit rushed/rude. I understand that they are busy and just want to pop-pop-pop from one client to another. Whenever I have questions, I feel that the verbal answers are not complete and not clearly answering my questions.

In the backyard, they put two mouse traps inside my BBQ. I wish there was an alternative as this makes the mice go into my BBQ to eat the bait, but then the mice poop inside my BBQ leaving a mess for me to clean up, which is another hassle that I would prefer to avoid.