Toronto ON M4B 1W3

Best of 2020 winnerBest of 2020winner

Reviews for ACI Architects Inc.

Michael in Toronto
Michael in Toronto

Architectural Services

I worked with William at ACI Architects to design a second storey addition to our home. It was an extremely positive experience that was not only fun but allowed me to learn a lot about my house and the ways it could be expanded to suit my family's needs. From our first meeting with William it was clear he is an expert in his field. He went out of his way to understand our needs and thoughts about how our home addition could work. William made himself available to answer any questions and was fantastic at keeping me up to date on the latest status of the design and building permit application.

William addressed everything we wanted for of our home addition. The ultimate design was logical and realistic for our needs, and he went out of way to add unique elements which made the design absolutely incredible. He was able to do this because he went out of his way to make sure to understand our project, and create a design that reflected our tastes.

I strong recommend ACI Architects and would not hesitate to work with William for any future plans I have for my house. Thank you William!

Hi M and K in Toronto
Thank you for your wonderful review and confidence.
It has been a pleasure coordinating with both of you on a much needed addition.
Home is where the heart is, just glad that there will be a little more home for you to grow into.
The permit is almost here.
Continue to enjoy the process and don't forget to give me the 2 cent tour when it is all done.
Warmest wishes

Eric Chang in Toronto
Eric Chang in Toronto

Highly recommend ACI Architects

I can't appreciate William at ACI Architects more for doing a top-notched, transparent, effective job to design and obtain a permit for my garage studio. Before engaging ACI Architects, I had a terrible experience with another company/ architect, and in order to salvage the project, I made the right decision to engage ACI Architects. William was very professional, and most importantly knowledgeable and honest, did not overpromise, and did not pretend when he needed to find out the answers. These are the key qualities needed to deal with design of a structure, since the client only has architect's words to go by, until the very moment when City approves or disapproves, which opens up space to bad contractor gaming a client. At the end, I obtained the permit, with a design that I truly love, through a smooth and speedy process, and reasonable pricing.

You can't go wrong with William at ACI Architects. I highly recommend his services.

Eric

Hi Eric of Toronto,
Much appreciate your kind words for me and ACI Architects Inc. through Homestars.
It was a pleasure working with you to salvage your project and to introduce a much more contemporary and functional solution from design to full approval.
Enjoy the construction process and wishing you many years of enjoyment in your new ancilliary space, industrial metal siding, huge expanses of glass, glorious roof lighting and wonderful covered patio.
regards

EB in Toronto
EB in Toronto
3 reviews King City, ON

Home addition and a backyard pavillion

William is a professional. Meticulous, thorough and owns his work end to end. He arranged for all permits and partners including structural and mechanical engineers. A very enjoyable experience were he took our feedback and made amendments suitable to our needs. Very satisfied with his work and demeanour. We have our stamped drawings in hand and are commencing our project in the spring. Thank you

Hi EB and Family
A total pleasure to help you realize you functional addition, replanning of spaces and most of all you personal club med pavilion at the rear of your home. Hope you build all of it and that I will get an invite to a bbq.
Enjoy your new outdoor spaces.
william Joannou

parkhum in Toronto
parkhum in Toronto

Major full gut renovation with extension

Finding ACI has been a true blessing. My wife and I had researched and interviewed several firms offering architecture services, but we found most were offering services as part of their bundle pricing that were replicated with services from the contractors. William to be exactly what we were looking for from both a professional approach and capturing our needs. William was extremely detailed oriented without being overwhelming with all the technical lingo. He definitely took the stress off in terms of navigating the city for the permits and easing the way with the committee of adjustment and other challenges we could potentially encounter.

We can't say enough about William and ACI Architects Inc. The overall experience has been amazing and we would work with him again and wholeheartedly recommend him to family and friend.

J and C

Thank you for your kind review.
You in turn were wonderful ckients to work with.

Hopping you enjoy the construction phase of your project and have years of health and happines in your new dream home together with your son, family and friends. Call anytime.

ps. I finally was able to get the last item, your HVAC permit cleared today. Holidays sometimes get in the way. I will email today.

cheers
william Joannou

cboudens  in East York
cboudens in East York

Home Renovation

William (Bill) Joannou of ACI Architects worked with us on the renovation of our 1-1/2 storey home. He provided the plans, handled the consultation with the other professionals involved in the redesign, managed all of the necessary interactions with the City of Toronto, and remained available to our contractor throughout the project.

Originally, we’d planned to add a second storey with the same square footage as the main floor, but Bill presented us with some ideas that would give us more interior space at very little added cost. These design ideas also improved the exterior appearance of the house. The appearance of the house from the street was a principal concern of Bill’s; making sure the house fit in with the character of the neighborhood was very important to him, and we really appreciated this. Bill spent a great deal of time examining the house from various angles and approaches, making sure that the new design would be consistent with the style of the neighborhood, and that it wouldn’t impose on the adjacent homes.

Bill was very easy to work with. He gave us his ideas and we worked together to come up with a design that was satisfying to everyone. He was always happy to explain the technical aspects of the plans, and he kept us informed of the steps involved in the production of the plans. In terms of his character, Bill is very easy-going, but he doesn’t compromise on detail, and he’ll advocate for his clients when he needs to.

Overall, working with Bill was a great experience. We learned a lot from him and we’re still proud of the home we wound up with. We wouldn’t hesitate to hire him again or to recommend him to our friends.

Hi Dave and Connie
Thank you for your kind review.
I as well enjoyed the process of interpreting your wants and needs to the final home that you both are enjoying.
I am glad you were both simpathetic with your new vission to this neighbourhood as I am part of it.
I especially was touched by your suggestion to use stained glass windows with a poppy motife to honour the fallen of past wars for which this neighbourhood commemorates.
You were both wanderful Clients and remain great friends.

maddmoll in Old Toronto
maddmoll in Old Toronto

So helpful

William from ACI Architects was incredibly helpful on our small project. He made dealing with the city incredibly quick and painless. He was prompt with answering all our emails and questions, and we really felt like he was invested in our project even though it was a quick and small project. Couldn't recommend this company enough.

Hi Maddmoll in Old Toronto
Thank you for seeking out ACI Architects Inc. and from me Personally through Homestars Toronto, and thank you to Homestars for the contact to you.
It was a pleasure to assist you through a stressful period for all of you with the code compliance issues with the City of Toronto.
I'm happy that all issues, resolutions and responses went quickly for you and that you can now put that behind you and start concentrating on your business.
May thousands visit your new tattoo shop for some fine artwork. All the best.

Christopher in Toronto
Christopher in Toronto

New build and Addition

I have used William from ACI Architects for a new custom built home as well as an addition. He met all my requirements, while opening my eyes to new and very functional ideas.
He is very accommodating, and takes into account all aspects of the whole construction process from permits to finish.
I have recommended ACI before, and will continue to recommend ACI.

Chris from Mississauga

Hi Christopher

Thank you for your wonderful review of ACI Architects Inc. and myself in HomeStars Toronto.
I have enjoyed our professional long term relationship and hope to work with you on many more future projects.
It makes it easy to work through complex projects when the entire team harmonizes so well towards the common goal.

Regards

G  in East York
G in East York

Renovation

William was a. Pleasure to deal with
He is most professional and reliable
Easy to relate
We have referred him to so many people that have seen our
Magnificent condo renovation
We loved all his idas and we continue to consult with him

Hi G in East York
Thank you very much for the wonderful review of ACI Architects Inc. in HomeStars Toronto and for your confidence in me personally.
I much appreciate your strong advocacy and the many referrals you have provided. It was a pleasure working with you both and a greater pleasure to see your excitement of ideas proposed, accepted, realized and now enjoyed by you. It is one of the reasons that Architects are so passionate when working with great clients.
Regards

JV in East York
JV in East York

Addition and complete renovation

William at ACI Architects Inc. was instrumental in the planning of my dream home. I had been planning this extensive renovation in my head for 10 years. When I described my vision to William, my plans became drawings. William paid great attention to every detail I had imagined and made it real. ACI Architects Inc. were extremely efficient when it came to dealing with the city planning department to expedite my permit so this could all become a reality. ACI Architects Inc. also worked beside me to secure the right GC to make sure all aspects would work into my budget.
They were also around to make sure the job was done as per the drawings. I felt free at all times to speak with William about interior design advice and any concerns during the project. My calls were always answered immediately and were very helpful.
My family and I are loving our new home, it is awesome!
JV

Hi JV in East York
Thanks for your kind review.
Awesome is what we discusses originally, awesome is what we designed, went to Committe of Adjustment on, drew up, had Permited, and what you had constructed with your wonderful contractor.
Im glad we went the route of 2 homes in 1 structure. This will pay rewards forever.
Im so proud of you for your unwaivering commitment in following the design and your final finishes sense to realize your dream home.
i wish you, your mom and all your family members many years of joy and happiness.
Every time I drive by, il always be envious in your castle.
regards

DD
DD

Whole home renovation

William from ACI expertly handled what started as a reno on our East York house and turned into a full re-build. We wanted a much bigger home, but to retain the charm of our neighbourhood, and he took into account all our wishes, and more. ACI worked with our budget, our wants and needs for our new homes, and made suggestions that we valued greatly, even if we didn't accept them all (which was fine with them). ACI was an integral part of our reno team and worked very well with our GC to take our dream home from dream to reality.

Hi D and D in East York,
Thank you for your kind review for ACI Architects Inc. and from myself personally.
I enjoyed our journey together through the challenges of the design, drawing, approval and construction phases of your dream home.
I wish you the best in your great new home and all the memories that will come with it.
Home is where the heart is.
Cheers
William Joannou

More about ACI Architects Inc.

A small, responsive, creative and personalized Architectural Practice with over 34 years experience, we look forwards to working with you.

Operating since 2006, servicing Residential, Commercial, Retail, Industrial and Institutional Clients in the Greater Toronto region.

ACI Architects Inc. together with a team of professional Consultants can deliver the services you require.

We can also recommend qualified contractors to assist you through the construction phase.