Shademates Inc.

Shutters & Blinds
Newmarket ON L3X 3A4

Best of 2020 winnerBest of 2020winner

Reviews for Shademates Inc.

gavin in Kitchener
gavin in Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

Smart Blinds

I had smart blinds installed for my home in GTA. The blinds were a perfect fit and gave a soothing look for the house. Great job done by Alex and team at Shademates. Work was executed as discussed in a timely and orderly fashion. I would recommend Shademates to anyone seeking to install blinds at their home.

Thank you Gavin for your kind words, it was our pleasure working with you.

Puzant
Puzant
0 reviews , ON

Recommend Alex from Shaemates

I moved in to my new home in Jan 2020 and contacted Alex from Shademates for Zebra style blinds for my house, he gave me the best price and really good quality shades. I referred them to over 4 families in my subdivision and all are so happy with him and the company. A+ service and quality.

Thank you Puzant for your kind words, it was our pleaser working with you.

Narmine
Narmine
0 reviews Newmarket, ON

Thank you Shademates!

The service from Shademates is absolutely wonderful!! Alex is very helpful, professional and made the blind selection and installation process super easy and simple. We put zebra blinds in our condo and they look amazing, could not be happier with the result! There's no need to look further Shademates is the best! Thank you Alex and team.

thank you for your review it was our pleasure working with you

Alex Balikoev
Alex Balikoev

Power blinds on 4 windows

Must say that the power blinds they sell are complete garbage and I would suggest staying away. We had them installed on 4 windows in our house and were promised that they will work on a single charge for at least 30 to 60 days. After the installation batteries lasted for a maximum of 4 to 5 days and needed recharging. We were told that this was very unusual and were promised replacement batteries. We waited for over 2 months to have the batteries replaced. The installer was only able to replace batteries on 3 out of 4 windows because new batteries were larger and one of them did not fit one of the windows. New batteries worked a bit longer but did not last for more than 10-12 days. We were promised new batteries once again. After several months and many messages Vadim (who sold us the blinds) stopped responding and disappeared. Several months after the replacement of the batteries 2 out of now 3 operational blinds stopped closing all the way. The amount of stress these blinds caused in our day to day lives was a bit too much. Looking for an extension cord before going to bed just to close your window because the battery ran out again go a little too overwhelming. We ended up taking them off and throwing them away. Vadim seems to only know how to deal with straightforward installations but once the problem with the product arises he disappears. Don't waste your time and money.

Dear Alex, we appreciate all feedback about our business whether it is positive or negative. In this situation however you are not telling the whole story. We tried to resolve your situation several times, we never took full payment, only a deposit which we offered to refund and were refused. Vadim has worked diligently to resolve all concerns and issues and we put in a lot of time trying to make you happy. Unfortunately the outcome might not be ideal, however you did not pay for the product or services rendered. If you would like to reach to us to have a constructive conversation as opposed just bad mouthing a business online we will happy to entertain.

KK Homestars in Oakville
KK Homestars in Oakville

Great service & product!

We received great service from Alex and his team and would recommend to everyone! I called Alex during a workday and he arranged an in person appointment with us in the same week on our preferred date/time, he was punctual and completed the measurements (4 big windows and 2 smaller ones) in 10 minutes, he listened to our needs and preferences, and answered our questions with patience. He also provided a lot of great information and suggestions. We went with his color recommendation and got our zebra rollers in 15 business days. On the installation day, Alex and Dennis arrived on time, it only took them30 minutes to remove the old shades and install the new ones! The work was also completed in high quality (Being a perfectionist I’m really happy that everything is so well aligned)
The shades themselves are very solid quality and easy to use, and I love the color Alex recommended, it gives our solarium room a modern look!
Overall, I would highly recommend Alex and Shade Mates to everyone, you won’t regret it!

thank you for your kind words and your business, we hope you enjoy your blinds for a long time.

Tatyana in Toronto
Tatyana in Toronto
1 review Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Perfect blinds !!!

I am enjoying my new blinds! Perfect job, quality blinds for all house! Fast and professional service.
I am very happy with Alex’s service.
Very easy to use, comfortable.I have dogs and they don’t try to bite them or to mark.

thank you for your kind words we hope you enjoy your blinds for many years to come.

Hrayr in Toronto
Hrayr in Toronto
0 reviews , ON

Great customer service and product

Alex and his team were great and very tentative. Their price was the cheapest from 4 different quotes and the quality was similar to other companies that we checked. Alex was very friendly and professional and he was always available when we needed him for after sales questions. Highly recommended

thank you for your kind words, it was our pleasure working with you.

Blinds for our Loving Room

Shademates - excellent, friendly service!

Product was as promised and professionally installed....

We will recommend again and again....

Thank you, it was our pleasure working with you.

KrystaG in Toronto
KrystaG in Toronto
1 review Newmarket, ON

Big advantage over the box stores

We used Shademates for our new window shades for all bedrooms upstairs and several windows on the main level. Alex came out to our home with his fabric samples and measurement tools and I couldn't believe how fast he was. He took each windows' measurement quickly (electronically) and then we discussed the function of the shade for each window. He had lots of advice and suggestions and we were done in about 30 mins. He returned 2 weeks later and had everything installed in another 30 mins! He took away all the garbage, made sure I was happy with everything, and done! Very efficient, shades look great and the pricing was a good deal less than Blinds to Go and Blinds.ca PLUS it was all installed properly and no garbage for me to get rid of. I'd absolutely refer friends and family to Alex at Shademates.

Thank you Krysta, it was our pleasure working with you.

andreshurtado in Newmarket
andreshurtado in Newmarket
0 reviews Innisfil, ON

Blinds installation

The service provided was very professional, the price was good and the blinds were delivered in the promised timeframe. The installation was quick as well.

Thank you Andres it was our pleasure working with you.

More about Shademates Inc.

With years of expertise and experience, Shade Mates is proud to be regarded as a manufacturing leader. Every decision is inspired by our main mission, which is to provide the highest standard of product and services to both retailers and customers.

Shade Mates offers one of the largest ranges of blinds and shutters in the York region. We are committed to the supply and installation of quality products at an affordable price. Our dedicated sales team offer you the wealth of their design knowledge. We offer contemporary style, for any budget.

In this rapidly changing industry, we’ve realized the importance of continually updating our approach to stay relevant in the market, and are committed to just that. We invite you to browse through our inventory and contact us with any questions.