MKZ Construction

Reviews for MKZ Construction

Cheryl in Calgary
Cheryl in Calgary

Plaster textured ceiling brought to flat level 5

I have a century home with lath and plaster ceilings. The living room/dining room was textured with some cracks that I wanted brought to level 5. The upstairs hall was also lath and plaster and a previous workman working in the attic must have put his foot on the ceiling causing damage requiring drywall. This project brought its challenges to MZK given its age and previous workmanship. I have to say the end product was nothing short of excellent. Max the plasterer is an artist at his trade, he took pride in his work and was always friendly and polite.
Thank you to the two Maxes for giving me a beautiful final product

thank you so much for this review ! your home was a great project to us . your business is very much appreciated:-)

Nori
Nori

Popcorn ceiling to Flat ceiling

We hired MKZ for removing the popcorn ceiling to a flat ceiling.
The entire second floor including 17 ft high ceilings needed to be done.
Their work and the quality of the result were exceptional.
Thank you, Max.

thank you ! we thrive in providing quality and satisfaction! thanks for your business

Derek
Derek
2 reviews Airdrie, AB

Basement Drywall

We went through a very rigorous process of having our basement quoted for a little bit of framing, then complete drywall, mud and tape, and first prime.
We wanted as many options as possible so ended up getting a total of 5 estimates done.
It took me over a week to get the first companies to even schedule a time.
I ended up going through Homestars which connected us to MKZ and was also referred to MKZ by a friend.
I have to say. The immediate response from Max at MKZ was incredible. Literally within minutes Max contacted me about the job.
Out of all the companies we had come quote, Max was fast, professional, and the turn around time for even just the quote was exceptional. The job was able to be started within the same week.

The job has wrapped up and we could not be happier.
Every person MKZ had on this job was friendly & professional.
The quality of work done by the MKZ team is absolutly incredible. There was consistent care and attention to every detail of the job. The pricing for the extent of the job was fair, and actually came in under our maximum budget and less then the other quotes we recieved!

We would hands down recommend Max and the team at MKZ to anyone who is looking for drywall work.

thanks Derek ! it was our pleasure to make your project come to reality! thank you so much for your business!

nats
nats

Quality Renovation and Professional Team

My garage needed to be insulated, drywall installed, taped, mud applied and sanded. All was done professionally and on time despite the cold weather slowing down the drying process. I was particularly impressed with the level of communication between the team and myself: I always knew who was coming, when, for how long and what for. I was kept in the loop about the next step until the very end of the project. I now have a great looking and functional detached garage for the Winter. Thanks to Max and his team!

we are very happy with your review 😊 thank you so much for your business!

Dan
Dan

Fantastic work, Exceptional Service

Max and his team drywalled, mudded and taped our basement. To say they did a good job would be an understatement. More importantly however, Max and his team were an absolute pleasure to work with. These guys are best in class for customer service and professionalism! Thanks again Max.

Basement drywall, mudding and taping

I had a good experience with MKZ construction. They were communicative from the start till the end of the job. They didn’t leave tools laying around all over the place they cleaned up everyday they were done doing there work. I would definitely recommend these guys to my family and friends!!!

Mark, it was our pleasure. thank you for this review and your business 🙏.

Basement development

MKZ did a fantastic job drywalling, mudding/taping, sound proofing and painting our basement. Not only that but they also finished our ceiling to a level 5 finish as we wanted a painted flat ceiling vs a knockdown finish. This was one area I was very particular about as I knew that to finish the ceiling to this level especially in white can be very challenging for many. MKZ exceeded all my expections! Upon final review the ceiling was finished and painted to perfection!

Overall pricing was very competitive and again the workmanship was outstanding. Max and his team were prompt and were on site as per schedule which we helped me stay on track with our overall schedule. His team also took extra care to minimize dust and cleaned up the space once the work was completed. Highly recommend working with MKZ and I look forward to working with them in the future.

what a great review ! we had such a blast doing your project. we knew exactly what you were looking for results and made sure to exceed your expectations! thank you for your business !

Drywall, taping and finishing

MKZ did an amazing job drywalling and finishing our basement. They were courteous, on time and extremely detail oriented. The work was outstanding and very reasonable with their rates.

We are glad to see that we have another satisfied customer ! Thank you for your business .

AMP550 in Calgary
AMP550 in Calgary

Drywall/Mud & Tape/Texturing Work

We embarked on a basement development obtaining 3 quotes for drywall/mud/tape/texture... Of the 3 quotes Max was one of the few that could provided start to end service (insulation through to texture). Admittedly my timeline was aggressive (5 weeks) and my attention to detail was only exceeded by Max's, who made sure all items that were important to me were addressed - during and through the project. His crew is professional and completes work at a high quality that easily makes them a desirable partner to have had on our project.

Also appreciated the light natured approach and humor as projects can have naturally underlying elements of stress.

Thanks Max to you and your team - fantastic work!!

my team and i had a real pleasure working for you. thank you for your business!

Kevin
Kevin

Drywall Installation and Painting

Needed my walls finished in my basement development. MKZ came in and Did a fantastic job.
Max and his team has great pride and passion in their work and the results show. Definitely would recommend MKZ.

thanks Kevin. we highly appreciate and value your business. thanks for the work and review !

More about MKZ Construction

Don’t worry… We don’t charge for elbow grease!
MKZ Construction works diligently to understand your home renovation project and provide you with the most accurate quote possible. They would rather work hard to come in on budget than give you the news that it’s going over. MKZ wants to be your go-to contractor for every home renovation project so they have partnered only with suppliers and manufacturers that match their high standards. You get quality products, they earn your trust. It’s a win-win for everyone.

Max, a leader in his field, has hand picked a team of professionals who work together to maintain their strong industry reputation. Choosing MKZ eliminates stress and worry because cutting corners is not an option when it comes to completing your valued project.

Did you know?

MKZ Construction is bilingual. We speak, read, and write in English and French
We do both Residential and Commercial Renovations
We are part of the Better Business Bureau of Calgary (BBB)
We are proudly accredited by HomeStars

Drywall Contractors and Plastering
Residential & Commercial Whether your project is at home or for business, the MKZ team will get the job done. Steel Stud framing Insulation services Spray foam services Drywall installation Taping & sanding Level 5 (ready for paint) Ceiling – texture finishes, Spantex, knockdown finishes. Suspended ceiling Renovations & Basement Development MKZ takes care of renovations from start to finish, including secondary suites — another great way to add value to your home. Upgrade your home for sound deadening Upgrade your old popcorn texture to knockdown or level 5 ready for paint Full development services From start to finish planning Electrical, plumbing & HVAC Mother-in-law Suites & Secondary Suites
2017
Cash, Cheque, Debit, Credit, Paypal
BBB, Homestars
1 year on labor and materials.