I had a terrible experience with Scott and his team. We built a new house and spent $90000 with them, and there were several issues, and Scott has decided he's not interested in resolving the issues - instead ignoring me and my builder.
1) My front door patio and the connecting walkway do not remotely look the same... Front door patio has 1/2" sized stones in the exposed aggregate and the walkway has 1/4" and the stone colours differ dramatically.
2) Around a 3 meter stretch of walkway concrete cracked away weeks after installing it, and Scott came to my house and agreed it looked terrible, and said he would come and replace it.
3) We got a quote from him for our driveway borders AFTER he said he would replace the cracked concrete, but his quote was over $17000 for 18" border and 125sq ft of garage apron, and I got 3 different quotes from reputable concrete companies for 24" borders and 250sq ft aprons for $9000, $9200 and $9700 respectively - Scott got the one quote and bad mouthed the company with my builder, and said he would not lower his quote, so we went with the middle one of $9200.
4) When Scott found out he was not going to do the borders (which had NOTHING to do with the fixing of the cracked walkway), he decided he would no longer repair the walkway.
5) Upon breaking up the cracked part of the walkway, the contractor showed me WHY it had cracked so badly:
a) The concrete was not poured "around" the rebar, instead just lay on top of it.
b) The rebar was in no way "fixed" into the concrete foundation of the house, and was only "pushed" into the foundation about an inch deep, and had pulled out.
c) They had not put a steel brace in underneath one of the stairs, although they claim they did - there was nothing there for over 10 feet and I have all the photos.
d) The ground beneath their walkway sunk around 4" and Scott blames the builder for not compacting it, although HE should have properly compacted the soil UNDERNEATH where he was going to pour a walkway.
e) Scott blames the builder for "poor site management" yet he NEVER once raised ANY concerns with me the homeowner or with my builder - instead he just poured the walkways anyway - even though he now blames it on the ground not being prepped correctly.
f) There were some other issues as well, which Scott just brushes off as bad site management....\
g) After many requests, he came to seal my exposed aggregate patios more than a YEAR after pouring them. The walkways were sealed 8 months after their pour.
6) Scott was quick to bad mouth the one contractor that quoted my driveway borders, but he's done the worst job imaginable. he was THE worst contractor on our entire build. I would run for the hills before I ever used Blakely again. I have tons of photos here to substantiate all my above claims....