I have contracted Drak Enterprises for my new balcony (12 ft x 10 ft) on May 14, 2021.
There are 2 main deliverable in this contract:
• Design and preparation for City Permit application
The Design and City Permit application preparation took 7 weeks. Very slow response time from their team.
Took another 6 weeks for the city to approve the construction.
Construction - For 3 weeks, there were no proper work scheduling/timeline. You won't know if anything will be done or you will get a surprise message that someone is coming today. I mean in the next hour or so. Poor communications. That’s when I’ve asked to meet with Jim (owner). Meet him on Sept 30, 2021 and he committed to complete my project. To my surprise and relief, the new balcony was completed last Friday (Oct 8, 2021) and City Inspector came last Tuesday (Oct 12, 2021). Project pass and completed.
The balcony looks excellent and get thumbs up from my neighbours and friends.
Jim has explained that he has staffing problem and is currently rebuilding his team.
• Drak Enterprises has to improve with their communication skills. As a customer, I want to know when the project will be completed. When should I be home/work from home/take day off to have construction crew on site.
• To be fair with this company, Jim and his crew (John and Dino) did an excellent job. The workmanship is excellent.
• If you want a project done by Drak Enterprises, get Jim's commitment and project schedule.
- Approximate cost of services: