River Reed Contracting

Reviews for River Reed Contracting

john.e.comar in Toronto
john.e.comar in Toronto

Bathroom reno

Cory did an awesome job fixing up our bathroom, and was fantastic to work with. We will definitely be using River Reed for our next project.

We had a crack in our bathtub, which turned into a hole, and we needed it fixed. The bathroom itself was a bit dated, so we wanted to do a few minor upgrades, too. We were referred to Cory by a neighbour, who was singing his praises. Cory came by to provide an estimate, and also helped patch up the hole in the tub so we wouldn’t experience water damage in the interim.

The work we ultimately got done was:
> New bathtub installed, with new tiling on the floor & walls
> Plumbing and venting brought up to code
> Bathroom waterproofed
> New vanity and lighting

Cory set a new, higher bar of expectations for all of our future contractor experiences:
> He provided a detailed quote, including a full list of the materials needed
> The quote included some potential watch outs for additional costs that may need to be incurred, but only confirmed after the demolition work began (some of these were needed, and it was much less stressful having known about them being possibilities up front)
> Cory project managed the entire renovation, and handled the coordination with the plumbers, electrician, and roofer
> When we encountered unexpected problems (e.g., the previous owners didn’t plumb the bathroom to code), Cory took the time to answer all of our questions, and helped us through the decision making process
> When the other contractors were doing their part of the work, and Cory had some downtime, he helped us fix a few other things around the house

The quality of Cory’s work is impeccable. It’s clearly obvious that he takes care and puts a lot of effort into doing a quality job. Our trust battery with Cory is fully charged. He is also a truly wonderful person, and was a real pleasure to have in our home.

John,
This is truly a kind, thoughtful, and flattering review. I am lucky to have had the opportunity to work with and get to know you and your family. It was truly a privilege to be able part of a project that ultimately had a notable impact on your family's enjoyment of "bathroom time", as well as to receive confirmation of such from your lovely daughter. You and Allie were so kind, understanding, and patient with me; all the while making me feel as though you appreciated my effort. I couldn't ask for a better result or more appealing clients to work with.

Thank you again for the thoughtful review. It was truly a pleasure.

Diane in Toronto
Diane in Toronto

Bathroom tile and fireplace tile

We had a great experience with Cory. He was professional, on target for the timeline and got the job done to our needs. We would highly recommend Cory. He will be doing more projects for us in the future.

Diane,
Thank you for the kind review. I am glad that you are pleased with the outcome and I look forward to working with you in the future.

Bathroom and floor tile

excellent job tiling 2 bathrooms and repairing the floor in the kitchen. thank you so much. It is a pleasure to work with such a professional

Thank you for taking the time to review our company and work. It was a pleasure working with you and I look forward to working with you again in the future.

Charlie in Toronto
Charlie in Toronto

Bathroom tiles and renovation

My bathroom redo with Cory was a fantastic experience.

All renovations, no matter how small, are filled with stress. Cory made this one easy. He was generous with his time as we finalized the project, and brilliantly detail-oriented in his review of the scope and the work. He is truly a tradesman who knows his craft, and pays attention to the tiny details as if he was working on his own home.

I would recommend Cory in a heartbeat, and would not hesitate to hire him again.

Charlie,
I am truly grateful for the kind words and I am delighted that you are happy with the final product. You were easy to work for, kind, and accomodating. Thank you again for taking the time to submit the review.

Tile my complete basement

Corey is an excellent tile setter and take great care in his work. Very clean and keeps a very clean work environment. He’s the perfect COVID-19 contractor.

Thank you very much for writing this review. I appreciate the kind words and look forward to next time.

Kitchen Tiling

Cory was really communicative, reliable, and timely! He made my life really easy throughout the whole process, including by calling me the night before the work started just to make sure everything was in place. He finished the work in 4 days, as promised, and it looks great!

Thank you for the kind review. You also made the process very easy. I am very happy that you like the work and you are welcome to call on me anytime.

Tiled fireplace wall

Excellent and reliable service. River Reed Contracting completed the job in a timely and professional manner. Very friendly to work with and the final project looks amazing!

I am thrilled that you are satisfied with the final product. You were a pleasure to work for and I enjoyed doing the project. Thank you for your kind words.

Maureen in Etobicoke
Maureen in Etobicoke

Kitchen and bathroom renovation

Cory is a true professional. We are very pleased with the porcelain floors he installed in the washroom, hallway, bathroom and kitchen in our condo. He also created a tiled niche in the bathroom enclosure, and removed walls and drywalled our kitchen in preparation of the installation of our new cupboards. The installers were done in a day and they fit perfectly into the space Cory had remodeled for us.
Cory was very prompt, cleaned up his workspace everyday and they were no delays. It was a very satisfying and stress free experience. I would recommend Cory to anyone looking for a similar experience and can’t wait to use him again on next remodel.

Maureen,
I am so pleased to know that you were happy with the day to day, considering there were a good amount of days. Thank you for your kind review and we would be all too pleased to work with you in the future.

Francine in York
Francine in York

Entrance way floor

Cory laid the tile in our front entrance way. The design was excellent and the quality superb. He did a chevron pattern and it came out amazing it even extends into our closet and looks so beautiful. He took his time and made precision cuts and it shows in his work. The workspace was protected and the installation was precise and the cleanup and garbage removal well done. The service we received from start to finish was professional and polite, I would highly recommend him and his company.

Francine,
Thank you for the kind review and it was my pleasure to do the work. You and your mother are lovely people and I would be happy to work with you in the future.

Rob
Rob

Kitchen backsplash and foyer installation

I discovered River Reed Contracting because our children attend the same school. Cory, the owner was incredible! I had mentioned to him that I was currently renovating my home and that I needed some tile work done and that I wanted it to be done professionally. When he came to do the work he was amazing! He created a beautiful layout design, outlined how long it would take and gave me a very reasonable price on the job. I loved how detail oriented he was and how considerate he was in keeping the work area clean and organized. I would definitely encourage anyone that needs tile work to give River Reed a call - Cory is fantastic!

Thank you for the kind and thoughtful review. It was my pleasure to do the work and I thoroughly enjoyed the lunches.

More about River Reed Contracting