KJW Kitchens & Homes

Zak in Woodbridge
Zak in Woodbridge
1 review Oshawa, ON

Delays, excuses and unprofessional - DO NOT HIRE

DO NOT HIRE! DO NOT HIRE! DO NOT HIRE!

Ken from KJW Kitchens & Homes is extremely unprofessional and does not go through with his word. At the start, he was polite and warm but that was all an act. He was never on time and never showed up like he said he would. He was MIA for weeks at a time after getting paid and never picks up calls or responds to messages. He makes up excuses about family members being sick, or he broke his ankle, or his phone not working. He is nothing but an extremely unprofessional contractor who does not finish the job but tries to get as much money from you at the start. If you want your money down the drain, hire him. If you want to save yourself stressful days and be able to sleep at night, DO NOT HIRE THIS GUY. He doesn't pay his employees. He brought 8-10 different people to my house over the course of 4 weeks and every week new people would show up because the last guys did not get paid. Our basement is not even close to completed and now we need to hire someone else and spend even more to fix his mistakes and complete the job. We are out over $20,000. Don't hire this man, please.

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Beware do not hire

Sure Ken is nice, but he is not honest. My dad chose him to do the renovation on his space. My dad suddenly a week later and Ken was very firm about needing a down payment anyway because he had to start July 5th to get it done. I had to renovate regardless so I gave him a deposit. He didn't show up until 4 weeks later to even start the demo on a project the contract says will take 5 weeks. He didn't pay his workers and he would never show up then admittedly text me apologetic that he used my money on other jobs to stay afloat. When I would message him he would say he couldn't get in however the tenant upstairs is my sister and her husband works from home and she does half the time. Super unprofessional. It's been 8 months since he started and you can see in the pictures how he's left it. Terrible person. Do not use.

Private User reviews Oshawa, ON

Basement reno

If I could give a lower score I would. Very polite and hard working until you give him money. Never on time, messy, unprofessional. Lots of excuses and stories. Damaged washer, dryer, landing, and cigarette butts all over our driveway. A two week job was barely completed after chasing him around for a month.Left our house in a complete mess daily. If he showed up to work, it was after 11 and at times, not at all, without a call. Frequently smelled of alcohol. We had a written agreement which was completely fulfilled on our end. Even gave him more mone
y than agreed upon. Took, paid for materials out of our house after we paid for them, then out of the blue sent a text refusing to come back a complete the job cause he mis quoted and wouldn't make enough money. We now have a space that needs to be redone due to improper work. It will cost us more than the original price to fix it. Dont hire this man please. He also posts pictures of jobs he s done that were taken from the internet. MOST are not his jobs.

Domenic
Domenic
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Kitchen Renovation

KJW Kitchen & Homes was amazing. Waited years for a custom kitchen & when I met with Ken the owner, he was very accommodating with helping us make decisions and understanding what type of kitchen we wanted, right to the fine details that makes our kitchen so unique. When the project started the team was very polite, clean and we enjoyed the whole process. I highly recommend KJW Kitchens & Homes to do your kitchen or renovation in your home, THEY WERE AWESOME!

Thanks Dominic for your review! We loved working with you on your kitchen!

Looking for Kitchen & Bathroom - Cabinets & Design pros in Whitby?