Ternak Home Improvements

Reviews for Ternak Home Improvements

Louise in Toronto
Louise in Toronto

2nd floor bathroom and complete basement gut job

I needed to gut my 2nd floor bathroom, and basement. I called Ternak because they had done a good job on my roof and deck. I wasn't disappointed. The end result for both was excellent. All throughout, Dale, the project manager, kept in touch with me and helped me through unexpected challenges, which were many in a 105 year old house. Sandro and Michael, the main contractors, were diligent, hardworking, and extremely skilled tradesmen with an eye for design. Very friendly, and thorough. I plan to use Ternak again for all remaining work on my house in the future.

Soundproofing fail

This company was terrible for me. I hired them to do two things:

1) - insulate the lower portion of an entrance stairwell.
2) - soundproof the upper portion of the same entrance stairwell.

They insulated okay, but it turns out they had no expertise in soundproofing - they used cheap/lighweight drywall, which, it turns out, is not permitted because it's a shared wall. Also, the soundproofing is worse than before they did anything. They told me they knew what they were doing, which was false. Don't believe me, believe the contractors I have had come and review the work. They all say I got ripped off.

Long story short - I have to get their work completely redone.

edelatorre26 in Toronto
edelatorre26 in Toronto

Bathroom Renovation

Aggressive selling techniques, coupled with poor budgeting skills. The project was over budget because some key materials were not accounted for from the get-go. Overall, the bathroom renovation was handled poorly on account of Ternak over promising and under delivering. Would not recommend.

Bob Builder in North York
Bob Builder in North York

Stucco and stonework restauration

They did a great job fixing my woodpecker-damaged stucco, repairing the porch stone work, and building and installing railings to match my existing ones. They finished on time and within budget, and exceeded expectations when it came to the railing design.