Men On The Move

Reviews for Men On The Move

Michelle in Mildmay
Michelle in Mildmay

Easy move, friendly staff

Extremely accommodating owner and the movers were friendly, eager to work, and willing to do anything asked of them. I highly reccomend this company, if you are not satisfied, well then that's a you issue. Thank you George, Will, and team.

Great service and we felt taken care of

Trying to move two separate places is complex enough. Trying to do so during a global pandemic was a new layer of complexity we didn't expect.

Men on the Move made it possible for us to make this transition joyfully and with very little stress. We felt very taken care of. The movers were very kind, Covid considerate, efficient and very capable! Our move took far less time than expected.

It was a pleasure to move into our new home with such kindness and efficiency. We will be using Men on the Move again for sure!

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, it is always our goal to make sure that our customers have the best experience possible ! Im happy that we were able to get the job done faster than expected and still provide you the same quality of service.

Looking forward to working with you again in the future !

Once again thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with Us!

Natasha
Natasha

Moved from 2bed Condo to townhouse

I got quotes from a few companies and they were all in the same ballpark; my interaction with George was good and so I decided to use his company rather than another recommendation I had.
Worst decision ever!
The move itself was fine - there were 3 guys who came for the move and nothing really to report on... they were helpful and good. I did feel it was on the slower side. But once the time came for payment - that's where the problem arose. George backtracked on the quote he gave me both over email and text. He said 5-7 hours and $160/hr; no other fees - instead he insisted on charging for 2 hours extra for driving to my house and driving back; the move also took 8 hours (Which he said would be max 7). Completely unacceptable on how he mislead me and didn't give the full info during the quoting process. I ended up paying $400 more than the other quotes I received for such a distasteful experience!

Thanks for your feedback

Wendy
Wendy

movers!!

I found Men on the Move in HomeStars and contacted George who came out to discuss the details and cost of the move. We booked Sept.1/20 and 3 movers showed up on time and got to work right away. William, Matthew and Akim were the movers.They worked very fast.

Initially, I gave Men on the Move a higher rating and then changed it to what is now.
The move was a very difficult one for me so when the move was over I was so relieved. Over the next number of days and weeks, as I set up my new apartment, I discovered that all of my art collection was NOT wrapped nor a protective cloth between the paintings and my newly painted walls. My bed was moved with the bottom sheet still on and nothing else to protect the mattress. Prior to the move, my collectiable glass (not dishes) where put together in a shallow box so that come moving day, the movers would have all of my collection in one place, to wrap. I even recall mentioning that to the movers when they 1st arrived early morning. When I got around to that box I discovered that the only wrapping was what I had loosely covered the box with. Nothing else. One of my glass pieces had a hairline crack down the middle. A very expensive, quite old and delicate frame was broken. (I spent a long time repairing it.) Another delicate wall hanging was not wrapped and the frame got all scratched up and part fell off. Earlier on into the move, one of the guys asked me if he could go out on the balcony for a smoke. I don’t smoke but I thought a cigarette wouldn’t take more than a few minutes. I gave him a little container to put his ashes in and the cigarette butt. I went out on the balcony to see if he was finished his smoke and asked him not to flick his ashes over the railing and especially not to throw the butt over. I was many stories up with plenty of neighbours below. (I’ve been in apartment fires before from careless disposal of cigarettes and I know how deadly it can be.) Awhile later I found them all out on the balcony dangling their smokes over the railing. Again! I reminded them of what they should have known not to do. Recently when the boxes were being broken down for garbage, I saw that they were not brand new but were old and reused, by the old tape and writing. I remember initially being told that only new boxes would be used because of COVID-19. This move was with in the same building just a different suite. When it came to my artwork, new mattress etc., it didn’t matter if it was all being moved across country or several steps away, the movers should have known better and been more knowledgeable about how to protect their client’s possessions and collections.

Hi Wendy, we went above and beyond for you with this move, you needed to budget and save as much money as possible and I worked with you to do so.

This is the reason you were asked to sign a release waiver because you wanted us to do minimal packaging for all items so that the move could be done faster. It isn't nice when you ask for one thing and then we provide you the service you asked for and then have bad things to say based on the decisions you made !

We would never leave art work, glass pieces or anything wrapped in our pads, unless you were willing to pay for the pads. This was all made clear to you when I came and did the estimate. I do not appreciate lies and dishonesty towards my company we work very hard and always provide the best service we can for all of our customers.

Deyco in Toronto
Deyco in Toronto

True professionals with a great attitude!

Men on the Move is the only moving company I will use and recommend from now on. Nick, Godfrey and Dustin were polite, careful and respectful of my mom’s belongings. They disassembled furniture expertly, wrapped and bagged items and moved them quickly into their truck. George was communicative and checked in to make sure things went smoothly. Thanks for a stress free move!

I am so happy to hear that, it means a lot to us and appreciate the positive feedback. It helps to give future customers a peace of mind that they are in good hands and using a company that they can trust!!

Once again thank you for the review and we are always here to help for any future moves!

Movers

These guys are the best movers full stop! Having used them three times now I can tell you they are an absolute pleasure to deal with. Responsive, reliable and quick. George is a great guy and runs a great business. Highly recommended!

Thank you for posting a review on your experience with us! I am very happy that we have been able to assist you with your on going moves. It would not be possible to run such a great business without such great employees and awesome customers it's all of us that make it come together!!

Once again thank you for the review and we look forward to assisting you with any future help you may require.

0 reviews Oshawa, ON

Gym equipment

Great guys! Go the extra mile for you. I would definitely use them again. And I would recommend them to anyone looking for movers.

Thanks for the positive feedback! We are always more then happy to help our customers! It was also amazing to find somewhere to get workout equipment during this pandemic !!

Look forward to working with you again in the future.

Michael B
Michael B

Massive Table and Heavy Furniture in Tight Spaces

There are no words I can use to truly describe how amazing my experience with Men on the Move was. From the initial phone call consultation, to when the job was completed, George, Chris and Dustin were true professionals that handled the complexities of the job with ease and took great precautions to safeguard my home and items!

The job started by having to transport a 12' long, gargantuan solid wood table with non-removable legs. To say the table is heavy is an understatement. Combined with the fact that the monstrous table is awkward to carry and had to be maneuvered around a single exit door made this no easy task. The execution had Chris moving backwards down 3 stairs while George and Dustin carefully positioned the monolithic table to get the legs out the door and out of the house!

Once at the new destination, more fun began! I only had 8 other items to bring into the house, though these items too were heavy, bulky and were required to be moved through very tight and narrow spaces. George, Chris and Dustin handled the task in stride though! When they ran into complications regarding a screen door being non-removable, they took the items back to another entry point with very little room to work around. They planned methodically, before moving the pieces which was critical, as once inside, there was no way to turn the items around before the stairs. I was so impressed that they treated my home as if it was their own, careful not to damage any walls or light fixtures and placing protective pads around any area that required. Piece by piece was brought in (carefully shrinkwrapped of course), and placed in their desired locations. I appreciated that they allowed me to place felt pads on all the items as well so that I would be able to move them after as well.

George, Chris and Dustin also took great respect for my time. They were very efficient, didn't waste time, while at the same time did not rush. It is clear that they take great pride in their craft!

The last task was to get the mythical, colossal table into the new house. It had to go through the side of the house, to the backyard, make a full turn and then finally into the house. It was no easy task, but the men were more that up to the challenge. We got the legendary table into the house where it will live on and outlast all of us! George took me through an exit walk-through to make sure I was completely satisfied (which of course I was!), before heading on their way.

Men on the Move were a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. They were patient, had great planning and execution skills and protected my home and furniture where other companies would have likely given up or would have tried to renege on the agreement. I would recommend Men on the Move to anyone who is looking for a serious company that will take the time to do the job right at a fair price!

Thanks for helping turn my house into a home!

~Michael B

Wow Michael, thank you so much for the positive feedback. That table was definitely a tricky one to figure out, we appreciate you being so prepared for the job and the extra hand! You definitely made our job a lot easier!!! It was a pleasure to assist you, and we look forward to assisting you in the future !!

JON
JON

move today

The guys were fast and very much polite. Four of them helped us move to our new place. They are very professional to deal with. Thank you very much to Chris and his team. We are happy with everything you did today for us. Full 10 for these guys!

Thank you for the positive feedback Jon, It's always a pleasure to know that we have done a good job! We strive to make sure that we leave every customer with a smile on their face.

We wish you all the best in your new place!!

Coralie in Toronto
Coralie in Toronto

1 bedroom apartment move

I had the best moving experience with Men on the Move! George and Owen were great, very professional and efficient. They had all the material and experience to make the move as smooth as possible.
I'd definitely use their service again.

Thank you Coralie! We are always here to help, goodluck with the new place. You guys were amazing to work with, all the best!!!

More about Men On The Move

Men on the Move Provides you with professional moving service for both Residential and Business.

We guarantee a fast-professional move, while maintaining exquisite care for your belongings. We cater to all aspects of moving from Residential Moves, Business Moves, Staging services, Storage units and internal moves.