Open Concepts Ltd.

Kitchen Planning & Renovation
Ajax ON L1S 2H6

Reviews for Open Concepts Ltd.

C F.
C F.

Basement legalization

I contacted the Open Concepts team to legalize my basement so I could rent it out. They did a great job overall. I will be honest there were some hiccups along the way they were a few days late on framing but that was very understandable. Aside from the small delay of framing it went off without a hitch everything looks great and I’m now able to rent it out for around $2250 a month.

Carl, thank you for your honest review. We are glad that our team was able to create and deliver a legalized basement to your standards and that you are able to benefit from it by renting it out and creating an extra income. Thank you for choosing Open Concepts & we look forward to working with you again.

Melanie in Toronto
Melanie in Toronto
0 reviews Pickering, ON

Main Floor Renovation

Open Concepts did a great job in a rental property of ours including new vinyl flooring throughout the main floor, a few new doors, painting and a refresh on the bathroom. This “freshen up” project added 28% to the rent that we could collect every month – a huge win! They made some suggestions that definitely added value, they even added a couple of extra things to the project that were a surprise: an electrical outlet and trimmed some bulkheads to improve the look in the kitchen. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for an a great renovation partner!

Melanie, It was a pleasure working with you and your rental property. We are so happy that we were able to provide a service that in turn would provide a profit and benefit in the work you had us do. Having our clients see added value from our team and and work is what we strive for and we are thrilled that would could provide a service that you were pleased with. Thank you for choosing Open Concepts & we look forward to working with you again.

Annika in Pickering
Annika in Pickering
0 reviews Pickering, ON

Commercial Renovation

Open Concepts was referred to me by the Ajax Pickering Board of Trade and as soon as I met the owner Lester I felt like I was in good hands. Lester has a wide knowledge base in commercial renovations and was able to confidently give me an assessment of the work that needed to be done, the plans that would need to be submitted to the city and the scope of work I would need to follow-up with through the Fire Marshall etc. The contracts and clarity in our first meeting at Open Concepts were impressive and professional.

My contract was due to take two weeks total and the work did end up taking longer. The biggest disappointment was my flooring which was not matched at all to the flooring sample I chose, but the boxes provided did match the number on the sample so this was the flooring company's issue. Despite not getting any compensation from the distributor (citing colour variation in samples) Open Concepts did give me a 'good faith' partial reimbursement and also sent someone else to install my toilet as an extra. I really like the core team at Open Concepts, from front desk to lead sales and contracting. Everyone is friendly and works to make sure you are happy. I was not as impressed with the sub-contractors who did some of the work, but any of their shortcomings were quickly and efficiently fixed by the Open Concepts team. Lester did a final walk-through and any imperfections from sanding to painting were re-touched up. Joel was always available to listen to my concerns and made sure to find a solution quickly.

Despite a few bumps in the process, my overall experience with Open Concepts was a positive one. I followed up with a smaller job and will continue to use them as a trusted source for my renovation needs.

Annika, It was a pleasure working with you and your new business. Though we did hit a few roadblocks throughout the process, we managed to work together with our team and your kindness and patience were greatly appreciated. We look forward to working with you again.

nikki.shillingford
nikki.shillingford
1 review Ajax, ON

Basement

My basement is now the new favorite place of my house. Even though there were some complications on my part, causing the project to go longer as planned, and noticing other hiccups as the project progressed, I am quite happy with the outcome

Thank you, glad we could help.

Tamanna R.
Tamanna R.
1 review Pickering, ON

Kitchen and bathroom renovation, main door flagstone and asphalting

My first experience with home renovations in Canada was quite a smooth sailing and timely experience thanks to professionalism shown by Lester and his team. The team focuses on building a trustworthy relationship with the client and succeeds in impressing with their quick thinking and knack for solving any bumps along the way. Being an architect myself with over 25 years of experience in the field I have a particular eye for details and Lester and team did not disappoint with their attention to neatness, particularly in tile work in the bathroom. I highly recommend Open Concepts for all your renovation needs.

Thank you so much for your time to recommend us and kind words.

janicedoherty1
janicedoherty1
1 review Pickering, ON

Kitchen and bathroom.

We hired Open Concepts to renovate our 25 year old kitchen and bathroom. The workers showed up on time, were efficient and the workmanship exceeded our expectations. Project manager was a pleasure to work with. We had some delays but they were explained to us in advance and new deadlines that were completed on time. We were a little over budget but I couldn’t help adding more to our amazing home. We highly recommend using open concepts for future renovations in the future. :) well done.

Thank you so much for your time to give us a review and for recommending us.

-Open Concepts

More about Open Concepts Ltd.

Open Concepts is Durham’s Smart Money Renovators™. We welcome you to visit our Design Centre for a free consultation and estimate. Let us help you add the most value to your home or commercial property investment.

Open Concepts will provide and prepare a proposal 2D rendering for your review. We can guarantee that you will not be disappointed with our unique services, processes, custom proprietary Cloud-based App, Project Management team, Engineers, Designer and Head Office support. Here at Open Concepts, we are fully insured and WSIB compliant.

Our mission is to anticipate our clients needs better than anyone else in the market and provide exceptional customer service that will leave them raving at the outcome. We specialize in commercial and residential renovations, property investments, legal basements, commercial offices, medical buildings and daycare facilities, multiplex buildings, structural work and of course open concept kitchens.

Contact us today to book an appointment.