Fairmont Flooring Home Center

Janice Kelly from Whitby
Janice Kelly from Whitby
3 reviews Whitby, ON

Replace carpet with laminate

Went into purchase laminate to replace carpet in three bedrooms.

At that time I asked approx how much for your company to install, his reply about 900.00

I convenience my husband to let them do it. Easier, all done in one shot. He agrees.

I call back to book, owner tells me it is 1100.00 (200.00 more than originally quoted)

I am ok that seems reasonable. He tells me I need to come into the store to pay, they will be at the house on Monday (Stat holiday).

When I get there, he informs me I need to ensure all the carpet is out prior to their arrival. I say I thought that was included... oh no that is extra.. I am thinking well I am already down this road. Ok how much ? 200.00 I only have 150.00..fine he says that’s enough (now I am 350.00 over original quote). I think ok.. that’s fair they have to pull, take to the dump...

Guys show up to install, oh we brought the quarter round and transition pieces, in case you want to purchase too for a finished look.. we can install and the office will call you with the price on Tuesday. Hmmm ok how much can it actually be?

Fairmont calls Tuesday bright and early. Tells me it is another 714.00 (running total for install $2164.00, that is $1064.00 over original quote)

At this point I am angry, I paid double for the instal. If he had provided me with the full cost/picture prior, I could have made a more informed decision, would not trust them, taken advantage of, never again, buyers beware.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Engineered Hardwood

We recently purchased and installed engineered hardwood from Fairmont in the entire downstairs of our house (~900sf). Fairmont both supplied and installed the material. Overall the process was easy; Al was very knowledgeable and provided us with a great rate compared to other flooring stores we obtained quotes from.

The scope of work included the install of the hardwood and baseboards which took about ~4-5 hours. We did run into 1 issue which I can say was handled extremely well (and hence my actual recommendation). Days after the installation my wife found on one of the hardwood boards the wear layer separated from the plywood core likely from a nail that must have caught a screw under it and popped back up. I notified Al on a Sunday and he immediately responded to rectify the issue. We had to wait about a week until there was a free installer (which is completely reasonable). The installer came out and gave me some options on how to fix the issue free of charge. Finding a good supplier to buy products from is one thing, however I truly believe that warranty and remedy type situations really show you true nature of folks and this was handled very well. I would recommend Fairmont.

Barbara in Toronto
Barbara in Toronto
1 review Oshawa, ON

great customer service

Great selection of flooring options, helpful staff. We had wood flooring installed on our 1st floor. Installers did a great job, but there were a few issues with damage. It was resolved to our satisfaction after some back and forth with the owner, Sam.

We would do business with Sam again and recommend him to our friends. Thank you, Sam.

lana2007 in Oshawa
lana2007 in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Professional

Welcoming people , great prices ,good quality and variety of options
When you come to the right place, you just know it. Everyone wants to buy a product from someone who knows what he is selling, and someone who would provide you with a good advise for your needs.
I am so happy with what I got.

Thanking you for you for the wonderful review

marlenepattenick
marlenepattenick

Floors and tiles

I had been to many stores looking for what I needed and when I walked into the store after speaking to them I knew that I could work with them. They took the time to explain to me about the different floors and about all the tiles I needed for my home. It has been a pleasure to work with them and I already have given there card to a friend as well.

Such a wonderful review we also look forward to seeing you in the future 😀

cabanatanningspa
cabanatanningspa

Luxury vinyl flooring through our entire salon

We would highly recommend Fairmont Flooring. We just opened our second tanning salon “Cabana Tanning” near Fairview Mall. Our major concern was choosing a product that will give us a commercial warranty, but still feel like a residential floor. Sam guided us in the right direction and we couldn’t be happier with our flooring choice.

thank you for your business we look forward to doing more business with you in the future

More about Fairmont Flooring Home Center

Fairmont Flooring is a leading retail supplier of high-quality custom cabinets, fireplaces, counter-tops, custom flooring, hardwood floors, luxury vinyl, tiles and many other products. Whether you are looking to renovate your home or office, we are your one-stop flooring shop in Whitby, Ontario. To make your home look more welcoming ...
Looking for Floor Retailers pros in Oshawa?