New Look Home Improvements

New Look Home Improvements

Reviews for New Look Home Improvements

Helen Tsotsos in Toronto
Helen Tsotsos in Toronto

Bathroom and basement apartment flooring

These renovations were started initially for my elderly parents, who both have dementia and mobility issues, to make the bathroom more accessible and basement apartment more comfortable. The first request that was emphasized was that work be started and finished in a timely matter due to the issues with my parents (this was more critical than cost). Sadly, The owner couldn’t have cared less. All he was interested in was getting the job but not completing the job.

The owner kept promising a start day and then wouldn't show up. He got upset, defensive and insulted if you asked any questions. Do not trust this person or company!!

Unprofessional and incompetent only begins to describes New Look Home Improvements. Constant push of start date, broken promises, lots of excuses. My 83 year old mother had no toilet to use, only a bucket. The final damage is he took $4000 (of $6000) of our deposit after starting (5 x 8 bathroom most done, but not basement apartment demolition (photos show sub floor still left, cupboards not moved to remove old floor, damaged door left and ceiling damage unrepaired in the basement) which were all scope of basement work.

He had no idea how to drill the tub for drain and overflow. His plumber had no idea how to install a wall mounted toilet and further he and his cohort damaged walls and house floor unnecessarily. He doesn’t have the crew to support any jobs that he was doing. He had asked me to find a plumber for him after his backed out and I replied that this was why I had hired him (one review says how they show up and do a great job, but note the name is the same as owner)

Our contract was signed for November 1, 2018 and he called November 27 to say I insulted him and he was backing out (after coming for barely one day in that time). The final word here is don't even consider these people.

Hello dear Helen,
Thanks for the detailed review, we really appreciate working with clients who have the mutual understanding and respect, here is our side of the story :
As an insured and licensed company we provide legal invoice for any services we provide to our customers, please provide our invoice with legal name of our company and our HST #, and claims that you made here are false and has no basis , at the very first day , we agreed on a different idea and work plan , but as we progressed you were changing your mind every day ,and you were fighting with your neighbours, your mom and everyone else in your household, and you insulted my licensed plumber because you brought a bathtub which was not the ideal one we spoke about , for your basement , you changed your mind 3 times while we were trying to get it demolished, you insulted me more than 3 times because of my race and my religion, therefore, we decided not to work with you . I can make a complaint to police regarding your insult and will take legal actions against you , we haven't take any money from you at all.
HomeStars is another major partner in this issue , because they only take your money and does nothing to support you , please see my other reviews , we are a fully licensed and insured company and will never do something to ruin our own reputation, but I have tried many times to reach HomeStars support team to help me out with this issue , they have never tried to help but instead they took my money for last 6 months but hasn't sent my any single lead , HomeStars is a thief company which think about their own benefit and that is it. This is ridiculous to be still a part of this scam , I have asked to terminate my contract with them, but they insisted to take my money and do nothing . That is all. Thanks for your time .

shahrullahsahil
shahrullahsahil

Home Renovation

They has done 5 big and many small construction projects very professionally and honestly ,
We appreciate your help with all that patience and understanding.
We would love to have your hospitality and hard work in future.
All the very best.

Thank you so much for doing business with Newlook Home Improvements

rezaamiri31
rezaamiri31
1 review Bradford, ON

Renovated my main washroom and kitchen.

Hi I am very happy with their work, their job is very neat, organized and very professional.

Thanks a lot dear Amiri for the lovely review.

nasir.khalozai
nasir.khalozai

basement renovation and restoration

Amizing people with respectable and responsible crew.
highly recommanded for any kind of your construction needs.

Thanks a lot sir for your amazing review.

dinaomar786
dinaomar786

Basement Renovation

Professional team , on time , very punctual , friendly and easy to work with. Definitely will recommend.

Thanks a lot for the nice review. Thanks

More about New Look Home Improvements

Our Vision :
To maintain the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, honesty and fairness in our relationships with our suppliers, subcontractors, professional associates and customers.
Our mission is: To perform for our customers the highest level of quality construction services at fair and market competitive prices.

About us:
NewLook Home Improvements was founded by Mukhtar Omar in 2013 in Toronto. Since then, we have provided a variety of construction services throughout GTA and out of province to residential and commercial customers with professionalism, quality and competitive market price projects, and helped thousands to achieve their dreams of having their homes or business remodeled, renovated or designed by our professional team. We believe in customer satisfaction ,and it has become our top priority. At Newlook we work together as team with our customers and we do not only accomplish your project but build a relationship.
If You Can Dream It, We Can Build It.