The Boiler Shoppe

Mississauga ON L5L 5X9

Reviews for The Boiler Shoppe

Oil Furnace Replacement to Gas Heating

We needed to replace the existing 90+ year old oil furnace with gas heating. Patrick was highly recommended by a neighbour. Prior to the installation Patrick outlined the procedures. His team completed the breakdown and disposal of old furnace and oil tank, the installation of the gas meter, Viessmann boiler, and venting in a timely manner with minimal disruption. We are happy with the new unit and would highly recommend working with The Boiler Shoppe.

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. We strive to do the best job possible and ensure our client's satisfaction. Pat and all of us at The Boiler Shoppe team, appreciate your kind words and the opportunity to help you with your HVAC needs. We are so happy that you are happy :)

Davina in Toronto
Davina in Toronto

Viessmann Boiler (not combi) and Stainless Steel hot water tank

My old mid-efficiency boiler stopped working right before the Christmas break. The choice was between repairing a not-to-code unit ($1000 for the part plus labour and no guarantee it would work) or replacing the system. Since we are never moving and I'm a huge fan of efficient equipment, we opted to replace the system which involved running new venting. We contacted three companies, one of which we had used for over 15 years, but of late were unsatisfied with their "sales-y" approach and expensive service calls. We chose Boiler Shoppe because they offered Viessmann. We also did research on a Bosch combi but opted out of combi units altogether (as waiting for my hot water more than "normal" would have annoyed me every day). The team: Paul, Ricardo, installers Tom and team were amazing to work with from the start. No run-around, no upselling, factual, and worked around my picky requirements including ensuring the new venting that ran up from the basement through the garage was positioned to the exterior exactly the way I wanted to ensure aesthetics were maintained. Further, they were able to run the venting pipes so not to disturb my finished basement - a miracle! (the other companies I interviewed were not able to say for certain where they would run the pipes). And lastly, I had always been unhappy renting my bottom of the line inefficient hot water tank. So I got out of that expensive lease and the Boiler Shoppe installed a Viessmann stainless steel hot water tank while they were there that works off the boiler. They also hauled away the old boiler and old hot water tank, not to mention "saving" me from no heat in December as they were able to do the install quickly which I greatly appreciated. On install day, the job ran smoothly and Tom and his team worked really hard and in poor weather. Paul was also super responsive and patient on all my queries before and after the install. Post install, our master bedroom radiator was not heating up a couple of weeks later (likely due to huge air bubble that bleeding could not resolve) and Paul came out immediately to take a look. Thank you Paul for helping us troubleshoot! Tom and his team followed up with a service call to fix the issue which was an air lock. 100% would recommend the company for efficiency, non-sales-y, reasonably priced, professional and responsive pre and post care. Boiler Shoppe will be my boiler company going forward!

Thank you so much for your kind words and glowing review! We are so happy that you had such a great experience with us. We value our clients and strive to provide them with the best possible experience. We are also very proud of our Boiler Shoppe team, who all work so diligently to ensure our customers' satisfaction. It was a pleasure working with you, and please reach out if there is anything we can do for you in the future.

Viessman Boiler installation

Ricardo spoke my language, as I was looking for a boiler install that would last. Originally was looking for a combi boiler, but after chatting with Ricardo I went with the Viessman tank setup as it is a simpler and potentially more robust system. It also provides a better domestic hot water experience (more flow more quickly - we had a baxi combi before that to compare to). The installers were efficient and did a good job. There were a couple of things that I wanted done a little differently, and they came back to fix it. The price was competitive based on the 3 other quotes that we got. Overall, happy with the experience and BoilerShoppe team.

We’re thrilled that you were satisfied with our installation & service.
The Boiler Shoppe team does take pride in the work we do and we are honored to hear about the experience.
Thank you!

Steven
Steven

Flawless Ductless AC Installation

I was looking for a company with good experience with ductless AC installation which is less common than traditional forced air AC. Quick and courteous installation. Excellent workmanship.

Thank you soo very much for your review, on behalf of everyone at the Boiler Shoppe, thank you!

Ductless Air Conditioner Unit

Prompt response during crushing July heatwave. Next day installation of top brand by very experienced crew followed by thorough cleanup and disposal of old unit. Very pleased.

Thank you for such a wonderful review! It was a pleasure doing business with you.

Mitsubishi heat pump

One of the best crews Ive seen. They were quick, clean and super efficient. I would recommend them to anyone who needs a heat pump installed.

Karen from Toronto
Karen from Toronto

Ductless AC install

I contacted Patrick for a quote and was pleased that an install could be done within 2 weeks. The company was good about answering my questions and concerns in advance. The price was comparable to other companies. The installers Ahmad and Khalil were very respectful and professional. Install only took 2 1/2 hrs.
My only complaint is the lack of cleanup. There was a bit of a mess in the basement and 3rd fl. which I had to vacuume.
I am happy with the new unit and would recommend working with The Boiler Shoppe.

Thank you Karen for the review, I'm sorry to hear that our clean-up of the installation was not to your satisfaction. I know we always try to do our best, however, we shall try to be more mindful in the future.

Air conditioning

I replaced an old ductless unit with a 'Mr Slim' for my upstairs bedrooms and increased the efficiency of cooling for my home by adding a 'Mr Slim' on the main floor.
The service was professionally executed. I am very pleased with the results.
Thank you.

On behalf of everyone here at the Boiler Shoppe, thank you for such a kind review.

Richard N.
Richard N.

New Combination Boiler

Moved into an old house last winter. Ongoing very slight smell of natural gas. Long story short, Enbridge found no leak in the line and concluded there was a slight leak in the boiler somewhere. Boiler was old and run down and needed replacing. Had a few companies in to assess the situation and recommend solutions. All three companies recommended the same type of combination boiler. The Boiler Shoppe and another company's price were both competitive, but the Boiler Shoppe's was a bit better and their explanation of what would be done was more thorough. The third company's quote was double that of the others. It was the first company we had received a quote from. I sure am glad we kept looking and found the Boiler Shoppe. Saved a load of money for the exact same system and their installation was done on time and everything is working properly. No more smell of gas, the house is heating fine and the hot water is working great too. Everybody was professional and friendly. They did a great job and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Hello Richard! Thank you for the review! We are so happy to hear about your satisfaction with our services.

Perry caicco
Perry caicco

Clean, Efficient Service

Knowledgable sales person; respectful, efficient installers; and great overall communication. Also very clean. Highly recommended.

Thank you very much Mr. Caicco for this kind review, it was really nice to do business with you. Thank you for choosing The Boiler Shoppe

More about The Boiler Shoppe

We provide 24x7 service for all your household and business HVAC and Pump needs. The Boiler Shoppe installs products with longevity in mind. This statement might seem peculiar to some; however, we know from experience that with the correct infrastructure and installation, products will perform at optimal efficiency to deliver long service life.

We can ensure this level of quality, as we have close relationships with all the manufactures that we represent. This helps expedite warranty claims and ensure our customers receive the absolute best in class product solutions. We also offer a comprehensive maintenance plan that best suits the appliance and your home comfort needs.