Nordik Windows And Doors

Reviews for Nordik Windows And Doors

Bonnie in Toronto
Bonnie in Toronto

New Door installation

The technicians were very polite and had practiced attention to detail, while removing the old door and installing the new door.
Always made sure the door measurements were correct, and that the frame work was sealed and aligned properly. Made sure that work safely was practiced, and cleaned up completely after finishing up.

Hello Bonnie, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're glad to hear everything went well with your new door installation.

Rob in Markham
Rob in Markham

Front Double-Door Replacement and Install

Ordered door March 2021. Scheduled install August 2021. Actual install late September 2021.

Initial meeting on time courteous and helpful. Told 20-22 weeks to install due Covid...Ok.
22 weeks goes by and no call from Nordik. So I call the company and they say the door is not ready and now a late September or early October install.
Nordik called late August to inform me that "Luckily" my door came in "early" (remember originally August install date) and they can install in September.

Install Day. Old doors removed and New double doors and transom go in quickly, but I notice that one of the window panes on the new doors are flipped. Nothing installers can do. Obviously. I need doors installed since old ones are unusable now.
In addition, I noticed black caulking drips all over my front porch stones and interior foyer near the new door.
I called Nordik to have these two items fixed.

Service department says one month (Late October) to have a person come out to fix door and remove the caulking????
So a month goes by, and Service person calls and can't make it. Vehicle broke down.
I called Nordik to hastily reschedule the service, because winter is coming and it will be difficult getting frozen caulking of my stone porch.
Unfortunately, I have to wait for the service department to call me back.
I'm hoping history will not repeat itself and be another month.

And I will have to keep telling all my neighbours that "Yes, one window pane is incorrectly installed"

UPDATE: it will be a month till they come back to service the doors again... :(

Hi Rob, we're sorry that there is still some work to be done to complete this job to your satisfaction. We're very hopeful that we'll be able to handle this on your next service appointment. With that said the door looks great, nice colour and glass choices and it will look even better once we make those corrections for you.

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

Install cancelled with only one day’s notice!

Messaged me two days prior to install (waited 6 months) giving me a to-do list to ensure area is clear for the sliding door (with blinds) install. Sold velvet curtains & curtain rod yesterday. Lady from office calls me the DAY BEFORE INSTALL to say they weren’t coming. She didn’t seem to care; blamed it on her supplier & Covid…but if it truly was covid-related, she would have known long before now they wouldn’t have their product. She couldn’t even assure me the install will take place in the next week or two. Refused to refund me and made it clear it didn’t matter to her when the install would take place. They have a contract so they keep my money. CONTRACT IS NOT IN PLACE TO PROTECT THE CUSTOMER. Read Nordik’s Facebook reviews. Clearly they do this a lot! I’ve had numerous renovations done this year. None of the businesses I hired blamed Covid for any shortcomings. Funny how they didn’t seem to have a problem getting supplies and following through. Absolutely NO RESPONSE from Levi, the sales rep who sold me the sliding door installation.

We apologize for not being able to perform your installation on the scheduled date. We had every intention to keep the appointment and have your new patio door installed but it unfortunately was not delivered by the manufacturer on the specified date. We are working with them to get a new expected date so we can communicate this to you and schedule a follow up appointment. We hope to have the new door installed for you soon and have asked your Sales Rep to touch base with you as you have indicated that you have not been able to reach him.

Kurt
Kurt
2 reviews Ajax, ON

Worst Experience.

I had all my windows replaced in a rental that I own. I requested a brick-to-brick installation. Nordik indicated that they would need to install a 3/4" wood frame around the opening so the windows could be secured to this frame. After the windows were installed and prior to the capping I noticed a substantial gap between the window and the brick. The wood frame was not installed on any of the windows and the windows were secured with some screws that attached to the brick and then spray foam as applied to fill the gap. The installers assured me that these windows are secured. I have installed many windows before and have no issue with the windows being secured to the brick. However, the issues was I paid for the materials and labour to have the wood frame put in. Additionally, the windows installed were smaller than the original windows. This required my custom blinds to be recut to fit the smaller space. I questioned how I can have a smaller window when these were to be brick to brick. I expected the same size or slightly larger. I also scheduled these windows to be replaced before my tenants had their second child. The windows were replaced around October 2020. I paid the entire bill minus $500. I came up with the $500 from the window square footage I lost and the fact that I had to get my blinds recut. I suggested to Norkdik just credit me the $500. They insisted they come out, remove all the newly installed windows, and insert the wood frame, reinstall the windows and recap. I told them, my tenant just had a baby (they have two infants), one tenant is immunocompromised, and they are concerned since we are in the middle of a pandemic and lockdown. I told Nordik, that it will happen once the pandemic/lockdown has subsided, and I will pay once the work is completed. Nordik, was not pleased and kept emailing me about the balance. Remember we are in a pandemic. It got to the point where they got their legal team and collections involved. I paid the balance since I did not need the headache. Cleary was a bully tactic.
I own several rentals and have a company that I deal with on a regular basis. I love their work. The only reason I did use them this time was that they were behind schedule and could not get it done before the tenant’s baby arrived.
Going with Nordik was a COLOSSAL mistake. There are so many other manufacturers that make a superior product and charge less than Nordik. I deal with Total Home Window and Doors. They are quick and every install has been perfect. In fact, one install they left a little mess and sent me $100 for the clean up. They stand by their product and service. I have windows that have been installed 20 years ago by them and they still work perfectly.
Everyone I meet that ask for a window referral I suggest Total Home Window and Doors and always tell them this story about Nordik. I would NEVER recommend them. I have attached pictures of their workmanship. My opinion, I strongly advice to go somewhere else. Check out my review on Total Home Windows and Doors.

Hello Kurt, we're sorry your order and installation did not go as you had expected. We stand by our products and service and your Nordik windows have full 25 year manufacturer and installation warranties should you ever need us to make any adjustments, repairs or replacements. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Private User reviews Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

Poor Customer Service

No issue with installation; however when a service issue arose the company was very hard to deal with. Long waits on hold, many phone calls, closed ticket without solving the issue, rude phone staff, and on and on.

Hi there, we're sorry to hear you had a poor experience having your concerns addressed. We apologize and hope there is nothing outstanding you're still waiting on. Please get in touch with us if there is any work needed on your Nordik products.

Nordic 117
Nordic 117

New front, kitchen and sunroom doors

Sales rep, Laura: great
Got worried over multiple delays: finally installed after 8 months.
Nordic had good excuse and sincere apology.
Installers were hard to talk to: non English speaking.
Overall, good job with some deficiencies.
Inactive door has dummy deadbolt instead of dummy lever. Hope this gets replaced. I didnt like the stick on trim at the sidelight as it peels off.
It should be mechanically fastened.

Hey Nordic, thank you for your positive feedback about your Sales rep Laura and for your understanding with regards to the delays in manufacturing and delivering your door. If there is any work required to complete the installation or repairs needed please do not hesitate to reach out to our service department so they can schedule a follow up.

ginny w.
ginny w.

Basement Windows

I ordered 2 small basement windows in Feb -we are now in Oct and I still don’t have them. Customer service is terrible-manager completely ignores me-no return calls or emails. There were some issues with the fact that these windows are old but they assured me they could do the job. Now I just want my deposit back and they won’t even do that!

Hello Ginny, we apologize for the delays and complications with your order up to this point. We hope to be able to present some options to bring this to a resolution in the coming days. Thank you for your continued patience.

K in Markham
K in Markham

Window Installation

Alex and his team did a great installation job. My kitchen window was next to built in shelves and they trimmed it perfectly. They replaced all my windows in one day and left everything neat and tidy.

Thanks for the great review K!

Mike in Gravenhurst
Mike in Gravenhurst
0 reviews Bracebridge, ON

Unreasonable wait time for doors

We ordered Doors and Windows from this company in June. We got our windows in August. We like the windows they worked well and are a very nice addition to our home. However, our doors are still not even in the Q for delivery and install. 1 large dbl full glass, one single and one for our bedroom balcony full window. After trying to get answers for 3 weeks I was finally told two days ago I would not receive my doors until March 2022 !! That is almost a full 9 months after we signed for the deal for doors and windows. Originally we we were told Oct or Nov. I could live with that as I understand that covid has messed things up, but 9 months for doors?? This is unreasonable. i have a leaky door i now have to plastic up for winter. Had i known i would have went elsewhere for the doors. I now work in the industry for a custom home builder. Our customers wait times are 16 weeks because of covid .. Typically its 12 weeks. I do not understand what the real reason for the hold up of 9 months but we were told its covid and im not buying it. This product is supposed to be made in Canada and I was promised Nov. I am not a happy customer..

Hi Mike, the real reason for the delays is that there are many different factors working against us at this time making it difficult for us to keep to our originally communicated timeframes for doors. These are challenges that we are currently working through and we appreciate and understand that you are waiting. We are waiting too. We would love to be installing your beautiful new door right now as originally planned but due to extenuating circumstances outside of our control we cannot. We very much look forward to installing your door and will notify you of any changes in the timeframes and also of course when it is ready to be installed.

Jas S.
Jas S.
4 reviews Hamilton, ON

Great window plus great service

The seals of which went bad on a 30-year old casement window on one of our bedrooms. Nordik suggested a casement window that had two smaller casements on either side of a larger centre pane than was on the original window. This was a great suggestion that has transformed the room in terms of brightness and the ability to see the outside world. The staff that I dealt with were all courteous, friendly, and professional. The installation crew did a really nice job. We are at the three month stage and we still love the window!! The window is well constructed and easy to operate.

Hi Jas! That's great to hear that the new window has had such a positive impact on your home. Thank you for choosing Nordik for your window replacement, we hope to work with you again on your next project.

More about Nordik Windows And Doors

For over 35 years, Nordik Windows and it's partner companies have been providing the complete customer experience - we manufacture, we install, we service and we back up everything we do with one of the most comprehensive warranties in the industry.

We Manufacture.
We Sell.
We Install.
We Service.
We are one of Canada's largest and fastest growing window and door replacement companies because we provide a complete, worry-free experience.