Nordik Windows And Doors

Reviews for Nordik Windows And Doors

Falling5
Falling5

New windows

Thanks to installers who showed up on time. Removed out door shoes without being asked. Installed windows in a timely manner. Vacuumed area when complete. Removed all waste and repaired a door that was Not part their call! Highly recommended!

Hey thanks for sharing this great review, we're glad to hear the team went above and beyond for you.

Windows

Quoted replacement of 4 wooden windows plus a patio door. Paid deposit in March. Windows were not properly measured so they came smaller, 2 were installed and the other 2 returned. They were supposed to redo all 4 windows but I’m still in limbo…after many months of waiting. Last I was told the 4 windows will be finally installed at the same time of the patio door. They installed the patio door today (end of september) but no words on the windows… The patio door is fine. Overall very disappointed with this company.

Thank you for reaching out and for bringing this to our attention, we are aware that there are outstanding concerns with your windows and apologize that these were not rectified on the day your patio door was installed. We're very pleased to hear the installation of the patio door went well and that you're happy with the product. We will be advising you on next steps shortly in regards to your windows and thank you for your continued patience as we work towards a resolution.

Michael from Caledon
Michael from Caledon
0 reviews Bolton, ON

Poor Service and Communication.

Here’s our (very detailed) story about our personal experience buying a door from Nordik. It’s very long and very detailed, so feel free to skip to the rating if you’d rather not read it all.

Our order was placed March 29th, 2021 We were told by our sales person who came to our home, Peter., that the timeline would be 20 weeks from the time we sign, 22 at the most. We were surprised by this, but Peter mentioned that he was honest and this was the timeline. Anyone at other companies who says it would be quicker, wouldn’t be truthful. Still difficult to digest, we knew our delivery date would be August 16th, and that the worst-case scenario would be August 30th. Our deposit was taken prior to Peter leaving our home on March 29th.

We found out that product isn’t ordered or sent to be manufactured until the professional measurer (2nd measure) comes in to confirm the measurement that the sales rep took. This took place on April 28th. Worth noting here that this is a month after we gave our deposit.
On May 16th, I sent our sales rep, Peter, an email saying that I knew we were still quite far from the ETA, however I thought I would check in to see if everything is still on schedule or if anything has changed. I didn’t receive a reply here. On June 26th, I sent another email to Peter asking the same thing; “I didn’t hear back from you Pete. Is everything on schedule?” No reply from Peter.

On July 2nd, my wife called the Nordik office to try her luck. She was told by the receptionist, that yes, they see our order and the ETA is the mid/late October. We asked for an escalation path and were told that there was no manager in the office that day, however we could email him, and the receptionist provided a generic email address. Later the same day, I forwarded my original communications to this email address, and advised that we were being ignored by our sales rep, and the receptionist very casually extended our ETA by 2 months, and I also mentioned that we were getting concerned with our deposit given everything going on. I didn’t receive a reply to this email either.

On Tuesday, July 12th, I called Nordik and asked to speak with Peter. I was told I would have to call him directly as sales reps don’t work in the office. I advised that I had tried to contact Peter a number of times but hadn’t heard back. Would there be a manager that I could speak with? I was again told that there was no manager in the office that day. I was put on hold while they tried to find someone for me. After only a minute or so, they came back on the line and said they knew who I was (even though I hadn’t given them my name or my order number), and that our ETA was mid/late October, but we would be getting a call soon to arrange for our 2nd and final measure. I explained that we had already had our 2nd and final measure at the end of April, and that I have challenges with this because it’s not what we agreed to, not to mention the fact that we can’t even get our salesperson to answer us. She advised that she would contact Peter for us, and ask him to call us. This was the morning of July 12th.

Late in the evening of July 14th, I received a call from Peter. He immediately mentioned that he would have to apologize because my name was on a long list of people he had to call today, and would I mind telling him the reason I wanted him to call me. I described our discussion with their receptionist and how we were very casually told that our ETA had increased by 2 months, which couldn’t be possible because this was longer than the worst-case scenario that we were told about before we signed our contract. Peter explained that yes, the ETA was October 18th (29 weeks instead of the worst-case 22 weeks), and that yes, there have been production delays, constraints, shortages, and that he also had to wait when he ordered his personal door through Nordik, and that he was sorry but there was nothing that he could do. They’re now telling customers that the wait time will be longer when they receive new orders. He added that I should thank him as the price of our door went up by $900 after the second measuring, and Nordik covered that for us. I asked why it took so long to get an answer from someone. He apologized that sometimes it takes him a day or so to get back to people because he’s so busy. I advised that I sent him emails over the last couple of months. He didn’t seem surprised, but said that he does get behind sometimes, and that he gets 200 emails each day. He checked and did notice that I sent him one in June, to which I replied that the first one I sent him was in May. He admitted that sometimes he does, unfortunately, skip some emails as some customers follow up with him shortly after the orders are placed, and that there’s nothing he can do so there’s no reason for him to answer. I didn’t appreciate that and told him that when our ETA goes up by 2 months and our salesperson (who said to reach out to him anytime when we were signing the papers), doesn’t reply, and neither does the manager, we get nervous about our money, and start thinking we’re in business with the wrong company. I told him that this had certainly tainted our experience here and we were unhappy and frustrated because I knew that there was nothing that would be done. He replied with he was sorry and hoped that we will at least be happy with our new door when it’s installed on October 18th. I asked who to speak with if I had questions going forward, Peter said to call the Installation Department directly for updates, and not him. I said thank you and we ended the call.

Jump ahead to September 28th at around 4PM which is the next communication I receive. A call comes in from an unknown person, who is polite, advising that my door is ready and would like to schedule an installation time. I ask for the first available time which is tomorrow, September 29th in the afternoon. Yes, we'll make ourselves available for this.
On the morning of September 29th at 7:50AM, I receive a call from the installer telling me that they were double booked for the afternoon, but coincidentally the other person cancelled, and could they come in the morning instead. We said yes, and again, altered our schedules. At this point, we would have done anything to get it done. Two young guys showed up about an hour later and got to work. They did a nice job removing the old door, installing the new one, and cleaning up after themselves. The door was the one we picked, and looked as good as we had hoped it would look. I would say that the entire installation took about 4 hours, or a little less. As the guys were leaving, they asked if we had a balance owing, which we did as we had only made a deposit when we placed the order. He told me we had to pay the balance today, and that credit cards weren't accepted to pay the balance "as stated in the contract". He was right, however we signed that over 6 months earlier and a reminder would have been appreciated so we would have been more prepared. He said that we could set up Nordik as a bill payment with our bank, which we did, and paid the balance in full before they left. We provided the confirmation number of the bill payment.
On September 30th, I received a call from a new person at Nordik, again very polite, advising they had heard that we wanted to pay our outstanding balance with an E-transfer, and when would we want to do that? I advised that we had already paid by online bill payment, and again shared the online confirmation number with this new person. Nordik wasn't the cheapest option, however they are a Canadian company, which we love going with and always try to do when we can. We felt going with someone local would also give us the opportunity to do business with a local contact instead of a generic customer service number. We're not frustrated with the product shortages, or anything like that; what bothers us is the service and how we were treated, and how still, nobody cares. There were times where we couldn't even track down the person who came into our home to sell us the door, and we thought at one point that we would never see our door or our deposit again because every person we tried to get in touch with ignored us. We live in a good-sized home with 20 or so windows, including several large windows, 2 floor-to-ceiling windows, skylights, several exterior doors, and multiple sliding glass doors and French doors. Based on our experience with Nordik, it's not worth the trouble to go with them again. We felt like they took our deposit, then moved on to the next person. I don't accept that product shortages are excuses for poor service. If they feel like they’re doing me a service by selling me their product, that’s not the kind of company I want to do business with again. After all of this, I get an automatic email from Nordik saying "How Did We Do? Please Review Us". Ok sure, here it is.

Hello Michael, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We apologize that we let you down and were not more responsive or proactive in communicating the delays on your order. We truly hope that you love your new door and we are here, at your service, if you every need us during the 25-Year warranty period.

Katie in Ottawa
Katie in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Window replacement

Absolute disaster. Every window has a fault. The finish is appalling. One window was smashed during installation and six weeks later we still have a piece of hardboard covering it. Stay away from this company.

Hi Katie we're sorry to hear that this job does not appear to meet the high standards we expect of ourselves and that our customers have come to expect as well. Correcting the outstanding issues will be an absolute priority for us over the coming days and weeks to ensure you are satisfied with the finished product and upgrades to your home.

Kevin
Kevin
1 review Halton Hills, ON

Nordik Window Replacement

Ordered new windows for my house in Dec 2020. Nordik confirmed delivery and Installation for May 11th. Due to Covid and supply issues, new date will be moved to June 8th. On June 7th, everything was confirmed and my final payment was made. June 8th, no product.... date was moved to July 27th, again... confirmed a couple of days eariler and again... cancelled a day before the install date.
It is now the end of Sept and they have only been able to install 6 of 14 windows and NO return calls or date to complete the remainder windows. Of the 6 windows that have been installed. only 1 has a screen, all the hardware is the wrong colour and 1 external trim needs to replaced with a dent.

Hi Kevin, we understand your frustrations as we work towards a resolution to your installation and apologize for the ongoing production delays. We will be in touch shortly with next steps and plan to have all of these issues are resolved in the very near future.

Alana in Courtice
Alana in Courtice

Not responding to inquiries for 6 months

Nordik bought out the company that did my windows. Within the warranty timeframe, a seal on a window failed. I reached out to Nordik who was originally super responsive. They sent someone out to check out and measure and said it would be 6 weeks or so for the replacement pane. That was in April. I followed up in August and was told someone would be in touch and no one responded. I followed up again to ask for a response of whether or not they are going to honour the warranty. I never heard back. Not a great way to deal with customers by just ignoring them.

Thank you Alana for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. We apologize that the service could not be completed and that you were not given the appropriate updates and answers to the inquiries you were seeking. We'll reach out to you by phone to discuss.

Mazhar in Mississauga
Mazhar in Mississauga

18 Windows replaced by Professionals and great sales person

I had 18 windows to replace, the windows were as expected and arrived on time and installation guys were very professional, worked diligently and did a good job.

If you go with Nordik windows and Doors, ask for Chris Thorne for the sales and he will guide through the process, visit your site multiple times and at the time of installation to check on the work and explain the installation work.

Ask for Milos and Bojan for the installation team, great team and helped me satisfied with all the hard work they did. I would definitely refer them to my friends and family.

Thank you Mazhar for for all of the positive feedback! So happy to see you recognize the members of our Nordik team that made your job a success. Thank you.

Kris in Toronto
Kris in Toronto
0 reviews Hamilton, ON

An excellent experience all around

This was our third experience with Nordik and as we have come to expect, everything about it was excellent. From the sales team to the booking to the installers, all were professional and very helpful. Highly recommend!

Hey there Kris, thanks for taking the time to write a quick review. We're very thankful that you've trusted us with upgraded your home on multiple occasions and we thank you for recommending Nordik to others.

Solarbike
Solarbike

25 Windows installed

Very Happy with our new windows. Ryan was professional & had good recommendations for the new windows. After the installation, rooms are quieter, brighter & windows look larger in the same openings. Outside the house looks new. Our install was done by Alexi & his crew of 2. They were friendly & did an excellent job. They laid down runners to protect the floors & stairs as well as drop sheets in each room. Alexi & crew detailed the mouldings by filling nail holes & caulking the edges. They cleaned up all the debris afterwards. The only problem was the factory delayed the shipment of 2 windows which had to be installed a week later. We requested Alexi & crew to return and finish the job. They adjusted 2 windows so they would open easier, and did a great job on the installation of the 2 delayed windows.

Hey Solarbike, we're happy to hear you had a good experience working with Nordik and thank you for recognizing the installers for their professionalism and hard work.

Rob
Rob

Complete Window Installation - Said all the right things did most of them wrong

We did quite a bit of research before we decided to go with Nordik. First off, they are a manufacturer so you figure you won't have to go through a middle man (NOPE still had to for parts we've been waiting for for OVER 6 months).

When we decided to go with Nordik it was based on their technology, the fact that they don't outsource their work (so they say) and their pricing was fair.

Initial contact with Nordik was easy, they made an appointment and sent us Chris (a very nice guy but unfortunately ineffectual at actually getting us help for ANYTHING after the fact)

Chris came in, told us about the technology, explained that due to high volume it would take about 16 weeks (we were okay with this) we also asked about the Energy Rebate and Chris said that Nordik was one of the advisers to the government on how the rebate should work. We were concerned because up to $5000 could be left on the table. He said "MORE THAN LIKELY" they would make it retroactive as they had done in the past. Well it turns out this was untrue and you will need an audit BEFORE you have your windows done. If you like us were unlucky enough to get them done before June, you're OUT OF LUCK apparently. Also we decided to take a 3 month deferral with with the company they use to do their credit SNAP FINANCIAL. It was only 39.95 for a 3 month deferral which would work out well as we were expecting some money to come in. DON'T USE THEM! They don't send much communication and honestly they don't want you to pay off your loan in 3 months, they want you to pay their interest for the next 12 years. I spent too many hours on the phone trying to rectify their issues. In the end, we had to go to the bank and stop payment on their monthly loan charge AFTER we were able to prove to the bank that we had sent them the money! This should NEVER have happened and the girl we spoke to at Snap was rude like it was OUR FAULT for paying in full on a contract number provided by Nordik that they apparently had no record of at Snap Financial (WOW).

So now, day of Installation, 2 really nice guys come by and honestly they were very efficient, too bad the windows weren't. 3 screens were already damaged and we ordered black windows and hardware and 2 of the windows came with white hardware (REALLY???? C'MON NOW! This wasn't a mistake, they just wanted to get the install over with and decided this was the best way....by the way we're still waiting for them to change the handles!!)

We waited OVER 6 months before we wrote this review, we gave the company EVERY chance to rectify issues and we were left sadly wanting!

Why they didn't get an outright 0. Chris was a good guy and never failed to take my calls...even the tough ones, unfortunately he was totally ineffectual and we got no help from our primary contact with the company, and the person you trust to help you through some of the problems. Had we waited 2 more months we would have saved over $3000

So the good, Chris was a great guy, and we ordered the windows. To our surprise because apparently our window order was not complex, they were able to have our order ready in 4 weeks! WE were ECSTATIC! That's the best this story gets so don't get too excited.

The guys who installed the windows were great and cleaned up very well after themselves. The guy who fixed the damaged screens was also great.

That's it that's where it ends. Chris knew we had doors to do also as this house is 65 years old and the doors are probably as old as our old windows were (28 years).

Nordik will NEVER get our business again and we will recommend them to NO ONE. After 6 months and many headaches, I realize that the issues we had were EASILY avoidable but Nordik chose profit over customer service. We don't know how good their 25 year warranty is going to be, but we're not too optimistic to be honest. Best to stay away...don't make our mistake. There's just too much money you're spending to play Russian roulette with such and important purchase.

******We included a picture so you could see the damaged screen AND the wrong colour handles...why??? why???******

Hi there Rob, we're so sorry to read about your experience to date and are hoping for a quick and satisfactory resolution to the outstanding service required to make your windows look and work good as new. the Greener Homes Grant was to be retroactive to December 2020, this is the information that was provided to us prior to the launch of the program and is what we shared with our customers. When the program did officially launch with the inclusion of the pre-installation audit it caught many customers and vendors off guard and disappointed. We fully stand by our warranty and are here for you if and when you need us to service your Nordik products.

More about Nordik Windows And Doors

For over 35 years, Nordik Windows and it's partner companies have been providing the complete customer experience - we manufacture, we install, we service and we back up everything we do with one of the most comprehensive warranties in the industry.

We Manufacture.
We Sell.
We Install.
We Service.
We are one of Canada's largest and fastest growing window and door replacement companies because we provide a complete, worry-free experience.