The Over-promise and Under-Deliver trap! Disappointment and lack of respect for home owners is an understatement. From the onset, there were red flags including being juggled around by multiple sales people (because they keep leaving the organization).
My family (including 2 kids under the age of 5) have been caused unnecessary stress from Nordik. Our windows were "installed" in JULY 2019. Yes, over a year ago. Nordik WILL leave your installation incomplete and try to reassure they will address their mistakes.
Since July 2019 we have been patient, understanding and feeding into the fibs that Mississauga office "management" have repeatedly told us. We have chains of emails asking us to provide the same information over and over and no one has addressed the list of issues in totality. We will have someone come out to fix 1 thing and leave the rest or in some cases make the situation worse. THESE ARE NOT MINOR ISSUES (pictures are attached so you can see their workmanship).
1. Our main bow window has ALL defective glass - extremely noticeable scratches all over them (this has been ignored).
2. We can't put our window treatments up so our entire main floor is exposed at night (Nordik has yet to address the unusable header and seat they installed with jagged, cheap plywood around the window for over a year). My 2 small kids are forced to play in the dark or other parts of the house every night to avoid getting stared at by people outside.
3. Caulking around almost all of the windows is a DISASTER.
4. The flashing around our front door that we ordered through Nordik does not match the door colour. Management said the door manufacturer does not make flashing in the door colour (untrue). We proceeded to call the manufacturer and they informed that they DO manufacture flashing to match the door but it can only be ordered through the installer. They further advised that Nordik failed to do that at the time the door was ordered. This was brought to the attention of the install manager in January 2020. Since then we have been promised on numerous occasions that it’s in stock and will go as far as to schedule an installer to replace it. On all 3 separate appointments their installers have tried to convince us to use a colour that closely resembles that of the door. And again on all 3 occasions, when I mention that it needs to match the door as promised, they proceeded to tell me that it’s not in their warehouse as it was never ordered. I was just told again 2 days ago it was discontinued, called the manufacturer right after and they confirmed they have it in stock. Comments Nordik????
5. Screens in almost every room have small tears in them or do not sit flush in the window (debris gets in).
6. Installers quit and appointments are not rescheduled.
7. They will deny ever having received your emails. All emails were sent from my gmail account and none have bounced back. It’s 2020, that's nonsense, especially after you responded to the email from the same email address months back.
8. They screen your calls.
9. They do not respond to voicemails.
10. I have had to call their head office in Ottawa on multiple occasions and explain to them Nordik is not returning my phone calls or emails, and every single time, I’ll magically receive a call within minutes. When I inquire if they just received a call from Ottawa, they deny ever having received a call from anyone. Complete joke.
11. Management is useless. I’ve gone as far as cc’ing district managers and those emails get ignored as well.
12. I did an extensive renovation and dealt with countless respectable tradesmen/women. Nordik EASILY has proved to be the most difficult to deal with.
Nordik's warranty and customer satisfaction statements are FALSE. Avoid this company unless you want to experience what we have been going through for over a year. We are amidst a pandemic and it’s unfortunate that companies like Nordik remain in business while hardworking, honest people have lost their jobs during these tough times.