Roof Pro Plus Home Improvement South

Philip in Aurora
Philip in Aurora
1 review Aurora, ON

Roofing and attic insulation

Roof Pro plus gets a 5 for the roofing and a 1 for insulating my attic.
More than a year ago, the roof started leaking. I phoned around, and Roof Pro Plus was the only company who would send someone out immediately. Dean (I think that was his name) came and gave me a quote on a Saturday. He came back next day and put three tubes of caulking on my severely worn out shingles to hold me over until the actual repair.
He then offered to add some insulation to the attic. Good plan, because I only had at best 6 inches of pink fiberglass up there. The price for the shingles and the insulation was only slightly more than a previous quote I had been given just for shingles (I had gotten another quote some months earlier, because I knew it was time for new shingles. Then I procrastinated until it became an emergency!)
On the scheduled day, I went to work and came home to a completed job. They cleaned up nicely. If not for the new shingles and the bin, you couldn't tell they had been.
But the insulation was not so good. I opened the hatch to the attic to have a look. In places the insulation was too deep (24"), and in places it was no deeper than it had been (6"). Also, the contract included building up the edges of the hatch to accommodate the additional depth of blown-in insulation. It hadn't been done, and I got quite a shower of insulation the first time I opened the hatch.
I discussed this with Dean. I held back about 7% of the contract amount until the insulation was spread more evenly and the hatch was built up.
He said someone would come by soon and finish the job.
I never heard from them again.
Roofing: 5 stars
Insulation and follow-up: 1 star

Joseph Fusca  in Gloucester
Joseph Fusca in Gloucester

Roof replacement

We had major wind damage to our roof from the storm in May. I decided to replace the whole roof for peace of mind. Got several estimates from other companies. Roof Pro was very reasonably priced in comparison and showed up and responded promptly. We replaced the faulty IKO shingles that were installed 7 years ago with top notch Owens Corning Duration shingles. There’s a big difference folks! They started the job as scheduled and the crew did a great job. They were curtious and conscientious. They cleaned up nicely and placed everything back the way it was around the house. The only minor complaint I have is the eves were slightly warped in a few places from the removal of
the old shingles going over the side. At the very least I would recommend getting an estimate from Roof Pro. Thank you Dean, Jan and the crew at Roof Pro.

Dean in Barrie
Dean in Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

Roof Replacement / Attic Insulation

Good day, met a company Rep a couple years back at the Barrie Spring home show. Gave a great demo and explanation of how his company performs the work. So, as time passed I did screen and interview many companies ref roof replacement and attic insulation. We essentially came to the conclusion that Dean and his crew were best suited for the job based on many criteria. We considered warranty, materials used, total cost, company insurance policy etc.... The crew came in and set up for the days activity ensuring that no property would get damaged in the process. They did the job in a day along with the added insulation that brought us up to current code standards. I ensured the crew had snacks and fluids as the weather was very hot. They performed very well and the roof looks great and a substantial difference in furnace / AC efficiency. Job well done on all accounts!

Jeanne
Jeanne
8 reviews Caledon, ON

Roof repair

Very professional. Would definately recommend this company. After the wind storm they were the only roofing company that kept their promise to come out and do the job. When we replace our roof, we will definately call them. They have our business. Great job.