J.D. Home & Lawn Care

Review for J.D. Home & Lawn Care

Jennifer from Mississauga
Jennifer from Mississauga

Worst Plow Service Ever

If you check my reviews, you will see that I pride myself on giving positive feeback when companies do good work for my family or my business, but in this case I am sorry to say I would never use these people again, nor would I refer them to anyone.

Needing good service for our business and our home, we prepaid a considerable amount for plowing, icing and shoveling throughout the season, for BOTH places, and this company was dreadful. The $600 was for our home, and it was nearly double that for the business.

Throughout this horrible winter, despite many several-inch snowfalls, they came rarely if at all. When they did come, they were very late (often a day or two after the snowfall), the plowing was incomplete, very messy, and they never did our sidewalk or the walkway to the house properly at all (although again, it was discussed thoroughly and prepaid).

In St. Catharines, they fine you if your sidewalk isn't cleared, and we discussed it thoroughly before signing the contract. Nevertheless, when they actually did it at all, they would only clear half of it, and only in a very narrow strip (not the whole thickness of the sidewalk, or the whole length). At our home, we received notices from the city about it on more than one occassion and my husband had to go out and clear the walkway, despite our having paid for it.

Over the winter holiday they close the office for two weeks, and are impossible to get a hold of even when there has been very heavy snow and you can't get out of the driveway. Once, they were on site and I tried going outside to speak to them. They drove away, knowing I wished to speak to them, and when I called immediately following, they told me the truck was broken and they could not return.

Meanwhile, our next door neighbors drive was plowed and sidewalk shoveled every snowfall like clockwork by a different provider. Needless to say, we will never use this company again.