AAIM Contracting

Reviews for AAIM Contracting

ihatescammers in Hamilton
ihatescammers in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

DO NOT LEAVE A DEPOSIT!!!!!!

Looking for anyone who has done business with AAIM and lost a deposit. I have managed to find some of you, but anyone else, please contact me.

AAIM "contractors" is a guy and his girlfriend who (in between volleyball practices for their daughter) takes peoples deposits and will not refund. I won't comment on his actual work as I have not actually seen it. I know there are still a few more out there with similiar stories. Please get in touch with me.

E Neil in
E Neil in
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Replace Stair Rails

Gave me a quote to replace the stair rails in my house. Asked for a deposit $532.15 which I gave them at the beginning of May. Can't do the work and won't give me my deposit back. This company is untrustworthy, and terrible communicators. Do not use them.

1 review Milton, ON

Contracting Services

Do not do business with this company. We hired them to do a reno and ended up hiring another contractor to fix almost all the work done. The walls were not level at all, you could tell by just looking at them. The landing that was build was attached with ONE screw resulting with someone almost falling through. They either did not show up or showed up late. When we decided to stop working with them, they kept our deposit and left us with way too much materials. They are very unprofessional and lack proper communication skills. DO NOT HIRE! Maybe to hang a picture frame, but that is about it.

ellyse123 in Hamilton
ellyse123 in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

DO NOT hire AAIM Contracting. I hired them recently to redrywall a ceiling in my living room. The ceiling has exposed beams and the drywall between the beams is a stucco/popcorn ceiling and I wanted a smooth ceiling. I wanted to re-drywall it as I didn't want to deal with the mess of scraping the ceiling as I have a 2 and 1 year old at home. Anyways, they come out, quoted the job and said it would be completed in 4 days. The 1st day of work, he came out and spent 30 min prepping the room by removing my potlights, laying paper on the floors and plastic on my limited furniture in the room. Then he left to get lunch and to buy a stud finder because he didn't have one with him. When he came back, he used the stud finder and told me that the ceiling joists are running in the opposite direction than he thought (which didn't make sense because the span of the room was way too long for them to run that direction. I am not a contractor and know this). Also he could have seen the direction of the joists by looking in the potlight hole. Anyways, he then said that my exposed beams are attached to the joists and there are no other joists/wood to attach the drywall to. This also didn't make sense because otherwise our existing ceilings/drywall would be billowed or sagging in the middle if it wasn't attached to anything (the span between beams is almost 4 feet which is way too big a span to not have joists). Anyways, he said that he didn't feel comfortable attaching new drywall with limited joists to screw into. But he suggested that we scrape the ceilings instead. He said there would be no change to the quote because scraping the ceilings would be more labour intensive but reduced material because we no longer need the drywall. He left after that and said he would return the next day to start scraping the ceiling. He took the drywall with him. The next day he returned and sprayed to wet the ceilings. I watched him read the manual on how to work his sprayer (I'm guessing he had never used it before as it looked brand new). He then left and told me the water needs to sink in for about 20 to 40 minutes. He returned in 30 min and began scraping. After about 30 minutes he called me in the room to tell me that it wasn't coming off and he had never seen this type of plaster/stucco before. He thought that it could be asbestos. He then gave me 2 options. He told me he could just paint the ceiling where he scrapped already to match the rest of the ceiling and "put me back to where I started" or he could cut into the ceiling and add joists/wood so that he had more to attach new drywall to and go back to the original plan of re-drywalling. This was not suggested on day 1. Regardless, if he actually thought my ceiling was asbestos, neither of his options were appropriate options as he is not qualified to work or remove asbestos. Simply painting over tampered asbestos is a scary suggestion with my 1 and 2 year old in the home. At this point I had zero confidence in his abilities. I told him that I just wanted my money back and I would get my ceiling inspected (if it was in fact asbestos) and hire another contractor to complete the job. I have since had a a contractor to come out and look at it and he was confident that it is not asbestos and is going to complete the re-drywalling for me. When I asked AAIM contracting for my money back they refused and said they would only give me back $250 (not even half of my deposit). I told them I would gladly take the $250 back but they also need to return the drywall to me so that I could get someone more competent to complete the job.(even with the cost of the drywall I still wouldn't be getting all my money back). They again refused and told me to take $250 or nothing.