My Home Solution

Reviews for My Home Solution

Maria-Jose in Burnaby
Maria-Jose in Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

Door Locks and Small Jobs (Kitchen Cabinet repairs, Shelf Hanging)

I needed the lock on my o77 yr old garage door fixed, and bolts installed on two interior doors. Tomas responded quickly to my request on Home Stars. Before starting the job, he met me at Home Depot to advise me on what to purchase. Back at the house, he worked thoroughly and efficiently all afternoon. I was especially impressed at how he took the garage door off its hinges to shave a bit off the bottom to compensate for its expansion over the years which hindered it, partially from opening and closing smoothly. When all was done, I asked him to look at other "small" things on my wish list. He stayed on an extra hour and a half to take these extra things: some kitchen door cabinets that had not been installed properly by previous owners; creatively converting spare plywood in my garage into extra shelves for an odd sized kitchen cabinet that could not be fully utilized; and perfectly aligning & hanging a cumbersome entryway shelf unit. In the process, he discovered a hidden pocket door to the upstairs attic room that no one knew was there! He also checked my upstairs and downstairs bathrooms in anticipation of renos, and gave me great ideas for budget wise updates. All told, he worked about 4 hours steadily and carefully, leaving the site neat and tidy. I would not hesitate to hire him again, and will go to him first for any needs that meet his skill set. Excellent work and very positive attitude.

Thanks for your review Maria. It was a pleasure doing some work for you
Tomas

Lynda H.
Lynda H.
0 reviews Vancouver, ON

Kitchen renovation

Complete kitchen reno, with custom built cabinets, new dishwasher, sink, faucets, quartz countertop and tile backsplash. My Home Solution was on time, on budget and brought a wealth of experience and expertise to the project. Tomas was a delight to work with. He is a skilled cabinet maker and took pride in ensuring that the end product was exactly what I wanted. He and his team communicated and followed through consistently from start to finish. The whole project, from demolition to final touches was completed in less than two weeks. The HomeStars website introduced me to My Home Solution and I could not have made a better choice of a contractor for my project. I love my new kitchen!

Thank you Lynda. It was a pleasure working for you.

Terrence in Toronto
Terrence in Toronto
2 reviews Port Coquitlam, BC

Put french door and jamb on

Tomas was a true professional with a very good personality. Job was done above expectations and he kept me appraised on what was going on . He came on time and finished on time . Very good job

Thank you Terrence. It was a pleasure do the work for you

Georgine in Vancouver/Burnaby
Georgine in Vancouver/Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

Closets installation , doors adjustments and shelves in rooms

I was pleasantly surprised with the work Tomas did in my place. After having bad experiences with "experts" coming and giving me advices to change things I absolutely did not intend to do or asked for, Tomas came, heard me out and very professionally provided his opinions about my possibilities. He did not try to make do scope more profitable for his company (and more expensive for me).
In a short time I got the "quote" and the time he will be doing the work.
It went perfectly smooth, he was on time, worked expertly and finished as promised. I was impressed and satisfied with his doing. I have already recommended his company to my acquaintances

Thank you Georgine. It was a pleasure work for you.
Tomas

Jacqueline
Jacqueline
1 review Port Moody, BC

Kitchen and closet door repairs

We are happy with the work done by My Home Solutions. Their work ethic and commitment was most impressive. They installed closet doors in four rooms including a mirrored door. Repaired kitchen drawers, and a ceiling fan electrical repair.
Their office manager Kathy was polite, personable and helpful. Thomas was prompt, friendly, knowledgeable and able to complete every job on our list with expertise. This company has a real passion for the work they are doing.
I would hire them again!

Thank you Jacqueline. It was a pleasure working for you.
My Home Solution

Retired I.
Retired I.
1 review Nanaimo, BC

Bathroom renovation

We hired the services of My Home Solution to do a complete bathroom renovation that exceeded our expectations given the requests we had on our wish list.
We now have a custom walk in shower which was waterproofed using the Schluter system and a hand built tile pan. In addition to the beautiful shower we were blown away by the custom cabinet Tomas made to accommodate our his and hers sinks. Overall the fit and finish and quality of work left us very satisfied and we would recommend Tomas to anyone looking for a truly professional job.

Thank you Steve. Really appreciate it. Tomas. MyHomeSolution

Bill B.
Bill B.
1 review Port Moody, BC

Kitchen and Bath Installation

This is the third time we have used Tomas for kitchen installation and remodel work.

Previously we had Tomas assemble and install a complete Ikea kitchen, including island, for our basement suite. This included installing the over the range microwave, tile back splash and under cabinet lighting. The job turned out great.

Based on the quality of that job we hired Tomas to oversee the kitchen part of our upstairs remodel. He switched out the cabinet hardware to the soft close style, made a new cabinet to match our existing style, upgraded the toe kicks and cabinet panels and installed the new built-in oven.

For this (third) job we asked Tomas to help with the deconstruction of our son's one bedroom apartment and then assemble and install the Ikea kitchen and bathroom cabinets. For deconstruction he removed the drywall from the ceiling, floor to ceiling mirror in the living room, the vinyl flooring in the kitchen (hard work) and bathroom, and installed additional framing for the new ceiling drywall as well as the kitchen countertop. Similar to the first job Tomas once again installed the over the range microwave and under cabinet lighting. Tomas puts his personal touch into these installations in order to strengthen the cabinets and improve the overall aesthetics. We are very pleased with the end result once again.

Tomas is friendly and willing to collaborate with the homeowner on their design and installation. While his specialty may be cabinetry, he is skilled in several areas which makes the overall job go easier since you don't have to hire a "handyman" to take care of all the little things that may arise throughout the job. And if the work is beyond Tomas' expertise then he has contacts with other trades that he can utilize to help with the work, such as electrical and plumbing which generally required licensed technicians.

I will continue to use and recommend Tomas and "My Home Solution" for any future jobs.

Thank you Bill.

uckrishnan
uckrishnan
1 review Vancouver, BC

Total Renovation including kitchen, bathroom

I had my full house renovated including washroom, kitchen, laundry room (two separate contracts). Tomas is very easy to work with, has good ideas and finds cost effective ways, he is very responsive when there is a problem.

Thank you Usha.

Marie R.
Marie R.
1 review Vancouver, BC

New kitchen in laneway house

Tomas did a great job, working with me on final design decisions and custom building the cabinets for my kitchen. He also did a great job of the tile around the backsplash.

Tomas is honest and reliable and a pleasure to work with.

Gabo_pani2004
Gabo_pani2004
1 review Coquitlam, BC

Bath room renovation, floor and baseboard.

Tomas is an exellent worker, very professional, and meticulous in all he does , I all he does, I had the opportunity to see couple of his jobs and in just one word I can say !stunning! I am pretty confident recommending him to anyone.

Thank you Gabriel.

More about My Home Solution

My Home Solution is owned and operated by Tomas Barrueco. Tomas has been in the renovation business for more than 20 years and during that time has developed a deep set of skills and the ability to handle almost all aspects of most renovations.

What sets My Home Solution apart is their ability to listen closely to what the customer wants, provide advice based on experience and bring to the job practical and functional design sense and attention to detail. The combination of which provides the best outcome for the customer.

We are known for:

Quality workmanship
Use of quality hardware
Attention to detail
Being on time
Personable nature
Going above and beyond for our customers