City Home Comfort

RockBlock in Whitby, ON
RockBlock in Whitby, ON
1 review Hamilton, ON

Furnace & AC replacement

City Home Comfort proved to be a great Vendor for my HVAC needs.

My current 30 year old HVAC was close to retirement, with the furnace having undergone a few repairs, so I decided to get a new one before winter hits. With so many choices, dealers and huge price fluctuations across the GTA, it's hard to make a decision. After about 2 weeks of intense research on both Product and Dealers, I decided to go with City Home Comfort and a Trane furnace...with summer almost over, I was going to delay the AC upgrade until next spring.

On the sales side, Shawn was exceptionally friendly and professional and, after going through a bunch of options and products, gave me a great deal on a Trane furnace, filter and humidifier. I had a few days time off and wanted to get the job done ASAP. Shawn worked his magic and 2 days later, Chris and his colleague (sorry forgot his name) showed up at my door with the furnace, ready to install. As the removal of the old furnace and installation of the new Trane was unfolding, I discovered the AC evap coil was rusted and was leaking - even though I wanted to postpone the AC upgrade until next year, I decided to get this done as well, if possible. So I picked up the phone and called Shawn around 3pm with a last minute emergency request - this was on a Friday... by 5:30 Shawn personally dropped the Trane AC at my door, after battling the GTA from one end to another (whew..!!)

On the installation side, Chris and his colleague did a really great job, answering my ongoing questions and accommodating my requests throughout the day...the last minute AC upgrade was supposed to happen the next day, but Chris and his technician decided to stay and finish the job on a Friday evening...and they managed to pull it off in overtime, to my satisfaction and total admiration of their attitude and quality of work.

It is hence withough saying that I highly recommend City Home Comfort for any HVAC needs, with competitive pricing and great quality of work.

Thx again folks - cheers !

Imagine charging to come and get business

Well i was looking for an a/c company to give me a quote on moving

This company has the nerve to charge me $150.00.....to get my business. Their competition does not do that.

Its all about the money..... And i bet they overcharge as well

While Our actual clients are always been pleased with the work we do, Sometimes a fake review gets into the mix. We have never worked with or corresponded with this reviewer, And HomeStars has been notified of the issue.

JJ in Toronto
JJ in Toronto

New furnace installation

We were so happy we found out about City Home Comfort!
From the beginning, there was no annoying sales pitch or pressure. Shawn was informative and took the time to go over the various options in great detail. The installation itself was stress free. Terry who installed the furnace was very professional and left the place nice and clean. Overall, a great experience. We will definitely call City Home Comfort again for any future HVAC needs in our home!

Thanks so much for your review,

Shawn and Terry will be happy about another satisfied customer, Thanks for supporting City Home comfort

New Furnace

We looked around for quotes after our furnace suddenly broke down and could not be repaired. Shawn and company were polite, kind, efficient, and had us up and running within a couple of days. Competitive pricing and good customer service - our tech was just as professional and efficient.

Thanks for your kind review,

City Home comfort will work hard to continue our professionalism and good customer service to you.

Stay comfortable

new furnace-air conditioner instalation

nice people, very professional all along the process, everything on time
I will recommend to my friends

Thanks for your kind review.

The team at city home comfort appreciates your recommendation and are looking forward to working with your friends.

Candice
Candice
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

New Furnace and Airconditioner

Great Job from start to finish, a special thanks to Shawn, I dealt with him start to finish! Price included full service, removal of old install new, no hidden extra costs

Hello Candice,

Thanks for your kind review and sharing your positive experience. City home comfort will be here for you anytime you need us.

Jaspal in Toronto
Jaspal in Toronto

New furnace and cooling system

I had problem with furnace last week and submit the request in the evening. It was amazing that Shawn
replied back within 10 mins and sent the best quote in one hour. They offered the best service and best price. All people are so professional in the organisation - Terry, Shawn and Umer. The best thing with Shawn is that he is best technical personal and service guy. He takes care of everything in professional manner. Best people in the business

Hey Jaspal,

Thanks for your positive review, The team at City Home comfort will work hard to continue our great service.

Enjoy your new high efficiency furnace.

Vadim in Toronto
Vadim in Toronto

Very recommended!

One of the best experiences of communication with such of the vendors. not pushy, NO tied selling! around the clock easy communication, helpful advising, professional installers, and one of the cheapest. I am giving the best mark and very recommend. Special thank you to Shown, for the most pleasant communication.

Hello Vadim,

Thanks for your positive review, We are happy to hear about your great experience with us.

Thanks for supporting Shawn and the team at city home comfort.

David
David
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Way overcharged for the work required

I was told told that I needed a new circuit board for my furnace. They quoted me $500 for the board and 2 hours of labor. I agreed as I though it was a very complicated job and had a 2 year old at home and couldn't go many days with a cold house.

When the repair man got here I saw the job that he did. It was a tiny circuit board that just required a few wires and he took no more than 20 mins to complete. Once I did some research I realized that the cost of the board was no more that $250 and the labor as mentioned was 20 mins. I talked with other companies and they said that this job in total should be around $500. I paid almost $900 all in.

I emailed this company back and their responses were either nil or significantly delayed. After a week of very slow back and forth they said that I signed off on it, and therefore they had no obligation to give anything back.

I trusted that this company would be fair, and now know that they completely took advantage of that. I don't care about the extra money I spent, but more so on the principle of how they handled this. I would never use them again and would encourage you to do your homework on your repairs to make sure that they don't gauge you as well. Extremely disappointed!

Response to the owners response:
I also paid an additional $100 for the initial visit so your comment that the 2 hours include both visits is false. Had you given a proper explanation on the cost of everything I would have researched to see if it was true. We all need to make a profit, totally understand. What was most upsetting is your lack or response, and your simple comments that I signed off so I can't get anything back which took over a week for you to even say that. You're quick to respond when you want my business, quick to respond on my review, but brutal in maintaining your customer service once you have my money and are done with me.

Hello david,

We apologized for the confusion,under circumstances of the COVID-19 virus it's very hard to have our technicians in certain situations and uncertain job sites. We are currently paying our technicians substantially more to be able to work in the extreme circumstances. We also would like to bring up that there was two visits one visit for the diagnostic and another one for the actual repair. The actual repair cost was $170 for the labour and $520 for the control board. After the installation of these parts you had sent us an email saying that you looked it up online and found a cheaper price. May I point out that there's a pricing online that it's cheaper and with the conversion rate and taxes and delivery fees it equals to be almost the same. We also use our specific dealers/suppliers and distributors that have a warranty process should we need it. Our distributors set the cost and we pass it along to our customers. Of course we are in the business of customer support and making money. So we are able to grow and be a successful team. We apologize that you are not happy with our prices.
But we are also confident that we are competitive with our pricing and have many customers that feel this way. We offer premium 24 hour service for all your heating needs
And work Around the clock to make sure our customers needs are met. We would like to also point out that we also looked into the time line of our response to you and was always same say service, We feel this review is a tad bit unfair and biased due to the fact we did not accommodate a price chance for david when he requested.

City home comfort will continue to work hard and continue our great customer service and make sure all our employees are working in a safe environment
While doing service calls for heating repairs, furnace repairs, and furnace installations.

jennifer in Toronto, Ontario
jennifer in Toronto, Ontario

New furnace

Excellent company with great service. Shawn took all the time I needed to ask questions and learn about my options. He responded in a very timely manner and ensured I was a satisfied customer. Terry, the installer, was very professional, clean and tidy and did a thorough job! Both of them were very personable too. I highly recommend this company.

Hey Jennifer,

Thanks for your great review and your recommendation.

More about City Home Comfort

City Home Comfort is a family-owned and operated company that has been serving the Greater Toronto Area since 1981. We started the company with the goal of offering the kind of service and support we would want for our own family. These values are at the core of our business and have been handed down from generation to generation.

We are a premier HVAC contractor providing the Greater Toronto Area with the best home-comfort and air-quality products on the market. We provide prompt, courteous installation and service at an excellent value. We feel confident that after a visit to your home or business by one of our experienced technicians, you will be comfortable in choosing City Home Comfort for your next home comfort project. We are not satisfied until you are.

***

We provide service 24-hours a day, 365 days of the year with fully-trained, licensed, and insured technicians for Heating Air Conditioner residential and commercial applications. We service AMANA. CARRIER. LENNOX. YORK
RHEEM, TRANE, COLEMAN, GOODMAN, DAIKIN, KEEPRITE,

***
You, like our customers, will grow to trust and rely on the experience, professional approach, and friendly staff of our family-owned business. Call us today and let us help you with all your home comfort needs. WE ARE HAPPY TO SERVICE, THE BEACHES, CLIFFSIDE, HUNT CLUB, OAKRIDGE, LESLIEVILLE, DANFORTH VILLAGE, RIVERDALE, EAST YORK, CABBAGETOWN, MOORE PARK, YORKVILE, ANNEX, ST.JAMES TOWN, CANARY DISTRICT, KENSINGTON MARKET, LITTLE ITALY, TRINITY BELLWOODS, DUFFERIN GROVE, WALLACDE EMERSON, DOVERCOURT, WYCHWOOD, BLOOR WEST VILLAGE, YORK, CEDARVALE, YORK MILLS, ROSEDALE, BAYVIEW VILLAGE, WILLOW DALE, DON VALLEY VILLAGE, DON MILLS, SCARBOROUGH.